IMDb > Bridesmaids (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 46: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Gross and Unfunny!

Author: dougandwin from Adelaide Australia
18 April 2013

I had to brace myself to sit through this Film, as I had read some reviews that actually had praised it, and it was a very long two hours to endure what has to be described as one of the most sleazy movies I have yet seen. The attempts at humor mostly concerned pooping/farting/belching and vomiting, so if that is anyone's idea of a comedy then this is for you! The Wedding shop bathroom scene was the most distasteful of a bad lot, while the Airplane sequence was so unbelievable and overlong, and the other so-called "highlight" was the "hens' do" that was so badly staged and overacted that the most predictable ending could not come quick enough! I was so sad to see such a great actress as Jill Clayburgh having to lower her standards to take a role in this disaster.

Simply put: My most hated film of all time

Author: frenzy227 from United States
30 January 2012

You ever have that movie that everyone loved and you despised with every fiber of your being? That's this movie for me.

Something I've noticed in reviews for this film is that the word "funny" keeps popping up. Yet no one can name WHY this movie is funny. They just say that it is and we're supposed to take their word for it.

I'm a man and I found this movie horrendously unfunny and miserable. It's not like the premise is unfunny, so why isn't it registering with me? For me, the movie fails because it only focuses on the negative aspects of these shenanigans. It only shows how these events affect our hero in a BAD way. This isn't funny, it's just depressing.

I don't know who would like this film, and the people I do know who like it can't explain why. I'm not saying it's the worst film ever made, but it's MY most hated. It is one of two films where I honestly considered walking out and asking for my money back.(The other being the 2010 version of Alice In Wonderland)

Really?! People love this movie?

Author: TheCreatureFeature from United States
16 December 2011

This finally arrived in Netflix and I'm so very glad we didn't actually spend any money on it. The BF and I watched this movie and at two separate parts, we literally stopped the DVD, looked at each other and said, "This is really the movie everyone was talking about this summer? Do we even want to keep watching it? Does it eventually get better?" We continued on and we kept waiting for that "scene/point" of the movie when it suddenly hit its' stride but that never came.

The sole focus is not about a group of girls partying before a wedding but really about how much the main character's life sucks. I feel like we were supposed to be laughing at her misfortunes but it all came across as pathetic and made me feel depressed more than anything else.

The only highlight was Melissa McCarthy's character; but,as I already stated, it was hardly an ensemble cast movie about the group of "Bridesmaids". I would have loved to have seen more McCarthy, Kemper and McLendon-Covey. They are all fantastic comedic actresses that stroll in and out through the movie; but, (aside from McCarthy) are characters with no real substance.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the incredibly bizarre sub-plot with the roommates.

biggest let down in a while.

Author: chatte027 from United States
25 September 2011

I was so so excited for this movie, I was sure it was going to be hilarious. But at the end I was left somewhat disgusted and severely disappointed. This movie fell into the ever growing group of movies that claimed to be " as funny as the hangover!", and what a surprise, like all the others, its not. This movie did have a few funny moments, I can't lie. Also a cast of great actors who played their various characters really well. But the story line seemed sorely lacking material and dimension, which they seemed to try and make up for/cover up with really long scenes. They would consist of a couple jokes that stretched on and on, It constantly got to the point where if a scene started and I was laughing or interested by the end I was just left wondering how long this movie was and when somethings going to happen. I don't know what everyone else finds so hilarious, but I'm passed drawing on magazines or books making the cartoons and models poop like I did when I was seven, and I graduated high school a few years ago, so I feel like I've heard all these sex jokes before. So all in all this movie just wasn't for me.

Not very funny

Author: stephen-wp88 from United Kingdom
17 July 2011

For this film to work it has to be funny - and it isn't. I'll pretty much laugh at anything - I even thought Tropic Thunder was hilarious, Satan's Alley, now thats funny. But I sat through this and didn't laugh, smirk or smile once. Its not that i don't get Kristen Wiig, in fact I think she steals her scenes in Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, where she is fantastic ("Its not a competition, but you're best"). She's also probably the best thing in Paul as a god bothering hillbilly.

But why doesn't this film work for me? Well it just isn't funny - there's no genuine humour in someone being drugged up and doing bad things on a plane, or people getting food poisoning and needing to defecate on the street. You would expect a lot from the people who put together this movie but they don't deliver.

Laughing gene really switched off for this film!!

Author: fcl2 from Australia
19 June 2011

Having read the other reviews - I was wondering if I had seen the same film!! Went with 3 girlfriends - and all 4 of us found this film absolute rubbish!! One girlfriend said she couldn't stand it and left around 30 minutes. I thought I would give it a bit more time, but when the remaining 2 also said they couldn't stand it, I concurred, and we all left. So no - we could not give a review of ALL the film. We gave it 48 minutes - that was all be could tolerate. And believe me, our little group likes a good laugh and have enjoyed some great funny films. This is NOT one of them. Sorry - but I HATED this film - just awful

Why did Paul Feig direct this aimlessly wandering script?

Author: ofdreams from United States
15 May 2011

This film has multiple personality disorder. There are some genius moments and scenes, but they are drowned out by extreme, crass, predictable, over-the-top scenes full of stale gags. Many honest, well-written, amazing conversations and lines just float ungrounded in the wacky framework, or is the wackiness ungrounded in the dramedy framework??? . . . the honesty and closeness of the main relationship becomes unbelievable and subsequently the "realness" base of the film loses all credibility.

In spite of not enjoying the move overall that much, I think Wiig is a genius on screen and I hope to see her in something great with a different writing/directing/producing team.

Lastly, I cannot believe Paul Feig directed this! Almost all of what he has directed and produced demonstrates his mastery of comedy with depth and nuance, so intelligent and insidious it surprises and wins you over. Freaks and Geeks is one of the BEST TV shows ever.

Painful

Author: jithendr1984 from London, England
19 July 2011

Went to watch this with my girlfriend, I expected this to be good.

The only funny/fitting character in this movie the the large girl.

Some of the characters are mildly entertaining but the main character really cannot act. There really is no story line here, its quite predictably trying to implement a female version of 'The hangover' and failing.

I found it hard to understand why some people were laughing for some bits of this movie, I believe it may be tuned to a very American sense of humor.

I can't remember the last time I paid to see such bad acting. The movie is overall quite depressing and painful.

If you've seen the trailer, you've seen the best of it

Author: sean leaver from United Kingdom
18 July 2011

As per some of the other reviews, I was expecting the female equivalent of The Hangover. To give you some perspective, I would rather have a hangover than watch Bridesmaids again.

The thing that's puzzling me is who are all these people bigging it up? Are the film makers paying crew, family & friends to vote & review positively? I could understand a few good reviews but not the number that are on here.

If you really want to get the best out of this film, wait 'til it's available on DVD. Or even better, wait until it's broadcast on TV. The best bits are definitely in the trailer.

Pleae don't waste your time & money at the cinema.

I GLADLY walked out mid-way

Author: good-decision from United Kingdom
4 July 2011

Speak of self-pitying, self-indulgent, some seriously confused women in their forties acting like they are still teens. if this stuff entertains you, it bores the heck out of me. Of course this is NOT a romantic comedy. It's neither romantic nor funny.

By mid-way, there was nothing happening except a long string of silly incidents that if you throw away half the movie, you will still understand the rest!!! You don't realize you are watching a shaggy dog story till you think to yourself "hang on a second, did I just pay 8 Pounds to have some OLD nagging strangers nag in my ears for the 80 minutes I was there??? But half my friends can do that for free!!!" I found the movie disgusting. All in all, I think the kids sitting behind me laughed like 5 times in the one hour and a half I stayed there. After that, when the only seemingly sane woman in the movie started to act all doodly coodly shoodly shitey shah.. I ran. I wanted to go out long before that but I felt bad i spent all that money on that sack of potato of a movie.

Guys.. is this what you find attractive in women? If not then why is Hollywood bombarding us with all those zombifying characters for? When I saw the trailer, I thought "boooring". Then I was in the mood for going out Monday eve (tonight), so I decided to check out this website. Somebody on here (don't let me catch you anytime soon whomsoever you are) wrote that this is the comedy of the year and it's ten time better than the trailer. Not sure if he was talking about THE trailer, or he was referring than going to the movies is better than staying in the trailer. Judging by the quality, I take it he meant the latter.

If this indeed is the comedy of the year, it seems I am gonna be saving a lot of money NOT going to the movies.