IMDb > Bridesmaids (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 49:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

I Love Kristen Wiig!!!

Author: Pumpkin_Man from United States
17 May 2011

Kristen Wiig is the only reason I wanted to see this movie, and she is insanely hilarious! (She'll go down in history with Lucille Ball and Gilda Radner) Of course, it had more great actresses such as Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, and Wendi McLendon-Covey. There were a lot of hilarious and disgustingly awesome jokes. Wiig plays Annie, best friend to Lillian who is about to get married. Annie is asked to be the Maid of Honor and becomes jealous of Lillian's new rich friend, Helen. Throughout the movie, Annie slowly goes crazy and constantly competes against Helen. If you want a good decent comedy, you'll love BRIDESMAIDS!!!

Trying too hard to make you laugh...

Author: Erin from United States
5 October 2011

When I saw the previews, I wasn't interested in this movie. My husband was planning on taking me to this movie for our 5th and I am so pleased didn't. It's been about 5 months since this came to theaters and I finally sucked it up and watched it, only to realize I was right about how awful it would be.

I assumed it would be one of those movies where the only funny parts are the ones you see in the previews and I was right.

The first thing that I found cheap, tacky and unoriginal was the overweight woman was disgusting. Melissa McCarthy played an adorable and beautiful Sookie on Gilmore Girls, so to be reduced to a farting blob that can't be sure if she's farting or burping, is pathetic. And i couldn't tell if she was a masculine lesbian or not. She acted like a man, but was attracted to men which made no sense.

This movie is full of disgusting scenes trying to be funny rather than actual humor, much like the "Scary Movies".

Neither Paul Feig, Kristen Wiig, nor Annie Mumolo had a creative bone in their bodies or an original thought in their heads. The bridesmaids dresses are hideous, even though these days most brides choose nice dresses to make the whole wedding look nicer; bad dresses aren't so common anymore. They all get food poisoning, and the entire bridal shop scene is vomit worthy. The maid of honor, surprise-surprise, is upset about still being single so she shrugs her duties as MOH. And as always, if you don't have anything worth while, win over the audience with sex and profanity.

The movie was the most unsophisticated you can get, so far, but lets give people a chance to beat it. It's not funny is disgusting and so implausible that you'd have to be an idiot or drunk to find it to be a quality comedy.

The only funny part was... In conclusion, I'm sure this movie is hilarious to its target audience of teenagers, adults with lower than average IQs or viewers that are high or drunk. It may be for viewers of Jersey Shore and Jackass, not viewers of Jeopardy.

Just horrible.

Author: lancer3000 from United Kingdom
12 July 2011

Contains spoilers.

I'm not even going to give this film the time. Some parts were genuinely funny I'll admit, I count two, maybe 3 but that's pushing it a little. I felt embarrassed for the characters, not laughing with or at them, they were characters that you couldn't really empathise with as literally no character development was made where you felt like they didn't deserve their struggle. There was no common sense in this film, the acting was limited, no genuine feelings were felt. Even when they were shitting in the street I thought oh well this is a movie. I wasn't immersed or lulled into the films story or characters. Thats it. 'Nuff said. Good bye, and try not to kill yourself while watching this. I had suicidal tendencies. No joke.

Yes this review is very one sided but I have not seen one good thing. The only character that I found half real was that government working women who likes puppies and bear sandwiches, and that was only the part when she shoved life in Annie's face and told her what her common sense should have told her in the beginning of the film.

Really?! People love this movie?

Author: TheCreatureFeature from United States
16 December 2011

This finally arrived in Netflix and I'm so very glad we didn't actually spend any money on it. The BF and I watched this movie and at two separate parts, we literally stopped the DVD, looked at each other and said, "This is really the movie everyone was talking about this summer? Do we even want to keep watching it? Does it eventually get better?" We continued on and we kept waiting for that "scene/point" of the movie when it suddenly hit its' stride but that never came.

The sole focus is not about a group of girls partying before a wedding but really about how much the main character's life sucks. I feel like we were supposed to be laughing at her misfortunes but it all came across as pathetic and made me feel depressed more than anything else.

The only highlight was Melissa McCarthy's character; but,as I already stated, it was hardly an ensemble cast movie about the group of "Bridesmaids". I would have loved to have seen more McCarthy, Kemper and McLendon-Covey. They are all fantastic comedic actresses that stroll in and out through the movie; but, (aside from McCarthy) are characters with no real substance.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the incredibly bizarre sub-plot with the roommates.

Who Would EVER Be Friends With This Woman?

Author: mowasteph from United States
12 September 2011

What was all the buzz about this movie? What a piece of crap. First off, no one would ever act like Kristen Wiig's character does...and if they actually did, no one would have anything to do with her. I like Wiig on SNL but her character was 100% unlikable in this. Aren't you supposed to like the lead character? The rest of the characters were clichés. Only Maya Rudolph showed any class. The food poisoning scene was just stupid and gross and not very funny. I thought the Megan character was pretty funny...but on further reflection, only marginally. The guy who played the cop was good. But do you really think he'd like Annie? Run away, Officer! Run away from this loser woman right now! Everyone else...run away from this movie.

I don't get this movie.

Author: Karen Cat from United States
28 September 2011

Having heard how funny this movie was, I bought the DVD and was very sorry I did. I bought it thinking it was going to be a female "Hangover" and it wasn't. The humor in it was very crude, which isn't something I really care for. If you like fart, puke, and poop humor, you will probably love it.

I thought the previews were very misleading. It it is basically about a woman going through a really bad time in her life, and we are all supposed to find that funny. I didn't.

Sure, there were a few funny parts, but not that many. Many scenes just left me feeling "icky".

how awful can it get?

Author: rugg-1 from United States
21 December 2011

I was listening to NPR (YES, the highly cultured NPR) and two of the movie reviewers on the air had this turkey in their top ten list. Now, this might say more about how bad the other films of 2011 were, so I will be generous and not attribute the entire blame to the reviewers. After hearing how funny and "unique" this film supposedly is, I went out and rented it for a good laugh. No laughs. Lots of cringing embarrassment at how these women humiliate themselves. Awful stereotypes. Bad writing. Really unattractive protagonist. I mean that both in terms of personality and in terms of appearance. Wiig looks anorexic in this film, nearly getting lost in the bridesmaid dress she wears, AND what about her hair? (Sorry to be so superficial, but it bugged me throughout. I mean, COMB it already.) I found Chris O'Dowd charming, but it is as if he wandered into the wrong movie. And this was written by women? It is so insulting to women -- to the heavyset "closet lesbian" (as another reviewer called her) to the poor poor little rich girl Helen to the wacky mother who goes to AA for the social aspect etc etc. Please spend your precious viewing time on something else if you haven't already been hooked into watching this catastrophe by misguided critics or friends...

Complete pants

Author: davek28 from Birmingham, UK
19 November 2011

There should be a film classification which restricts admission to people UNDER a certain age. In the case of Bridesmaids it should be restricted to under fifteens. That's about the level of humour of this film. Despite the good reviews it's actually a pile of inane, predictable, juvenile rubbish.

I really wanted to like it, but it was just embarrassing. I felt no sympathy at all for any of the characters. If I enjoyed slapstick and gutter humour I might have liked it better. Every "joke" was stretched out beyond its limits. Overall, a painful experience.

This is a final line of text to get past IMDb's silly restriction on too-short reviews. Bridesmaids is still rubbish.

I GLADLY walked out mid-way

Author: good-decision from United Kingdom
4 July 2011

Speak of self-pitying, self-indulgent, some seriously confused women in their forties acting like they are still teens. if this stuff entertains you, it bores the heck out of me. Of course this is NOT a romantic comedy. It's neither romantic nor funny.

By mid-way, there was nothing happening except a long string of silly incidents that if you throw away half the movie, you will still understand the rest!!! You don't realize you are watching a shaggy dog story till you think to yourself "hang on a second, did I just pay 8 Pounds to have some OLD nagging strangers nag in my ears for the 80 minutes I was there??? But half my friends can do that for free!!!" I found the movie disgusting. All in all, I think the kids sitting behind me laughed like 5 times in the one hour and a half I stayed there. After that, when the only seemingly sane woman in the movie started to act all doodly coodly shoodly shitey shah.. I ran. I wanted to go out long before that but I felt bad i spent all that money on that sack of potato of a movie.

Guys.. is this what you find attractive in women? If not then why is Hollywood bombarding us with all those zombifying characters for? When I saw the trailer, I thought "boooring". Then I was in the mood for going out Monday eve (tonight), so I decided to check out this website. Somebody on here (don't let me catch you anytime soon whomsoever you are) wrote that this is the comedy of the year and it's ten time better than the trailer. Not sure if he was talking about THE trailer, or he was referring than going to the movies is better than staying in the trailer. Judging by the quality, I take it he meant the latter.

If this indeed is the comedy of the year, it seems I am gonna be saving a lot of money NOT going to the movies.

Terrible

Author: nineofthirteen
14 May 2015

Everyone dubbed this one as top 50 (or even 10) romantic-comedies OF ALL TIME. I don't get it. I honestly don't. Firstly the characters are gross, and secondly I don't see a story at all? And lastly I dislike Annie to a certain extent that I don't want to root for her. I'd love a movie of self-actualization mixed with comedy and romance, but the comic relief in this film is ridiculous and instead of laughs I get second-hand embarrassment, the bad kind. I don't see how this warrant as a good film, it has none of the elements that makes up a good film.

Total waste of my time.

And there's not even a good score.

Page 2 of 49:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]