IMDb > Bridesmaids (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids More at IMDbPro »

Page 13 of 49: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [Next]

Laughing gene really switched off for this film!!

Author: fcl2 from Australia
19 June 2011

Having read the other reviews - I was wondering if I had seen the same film!! Went with 3 girlfriends - and all 4 of us found this film absolute rubbish!! One girlfriend said she couldn't stand it and left around 30 minutes. I thought I would give it a bit more time, but when the remaining 2 also said they couldn't stand it, I concurred, and we all left. So no - we could not give a review of ALL the film. We gave it 48 minutes - that was all be could tolerate. And believe me, our little group likes a good laugh and have enjoyed some great funny films. This is NOT one of them. Sorry - but I HATED this film - just awful

Coarse, vulgar and foolish

Author: jjnxn-1 from United States
10 October 2013

I had heard good things about this so I gave it a try but was sorely disappointed by what I saw. Selfish, irresponsible child woman is jealous when her friend isn't bright enough to see that a superficial new friend is trying to push her lifelong friend out of the way. Add in her other unbelievably coarse, vulgar acquaintances and supposed hilarity ensues or not as was my case. Didn't care a whit about any of them and was anxious for the overlong proceedings to end. Chris O'Dowd does what he can with what is a stooge part and Melissa McCarthy is a big enough talent to make a little something of a terrible part but not enough to save this turkey. Sad to see Jill Clayburgh obviously ill, just listen to her voice, wrapping up her film career in this sorry film.

Garbage! Run the other way from this movie!

Author: N0TY from United States
6 March 2012

It's another one-idea movie that isn't funny and has some really bad acting! It must be embarrassing for such a talented actress as Melissa McCarthy to be in such a piece of excrement. Kristen Wiig is untalented and not funny (like her characters on SNL). Maya Rudolph is as obnoxious as usual. The other girls are instantly forgettable (thank God).

Kristen Wiig's script is LOUSY. It rates right down there with Ishtar. They should have hired a real writer. The jokes are forced. They might be funny if you're 12 years old and get a giggle out of bathroom humor. And when is Hollywood going to realize that "Akward" character reactions aren't funny. They haven't learned it since Jerry Lewis did them all 50 years ago!

I can't believe I actually bought the Blu-Ray for my wife. I can never get those 2 hours of my life, or my money back. I wanted to walk out, but then I wold have been in my front yard watching the grass grow....which would have been FAR more interesting!

Simply put: My most hated film of all time

Author: frenzy227 from United States
30 January 2012

You ever have that movie that everyone loved and you despised with every fiber of your being? That's this movie for me.

Something I've noticed in reviews for this film is that the word "funny" keeps popping up. Yet no one can name WHY this movie is funny. They just say that it is and we're supposed to take their word for it.

I'm a man and I found this movie horrendously unfunny and miserable. It's not like the premise is unfunny, so why isn't it registering with me? For me, the movie fails because it only focuses on the negative aspects of these shenanigans. It only shows how these events affect our hero in a BAD way. This isn't funny, it's just depressing.

I don't know who would like this film, and the people I do know who like it can't explain why. I'm not saying it's the worst film ever made, but it's MY most hated. It is one of two films where I honestly considered walking out and asking for my money back.(The other being the 2010 version of Alice In Wonderland)

Sad, crass and disgusting

Author: Shiraz Akhtar from India
14 January 2012

Where to start on this terrible disaster of a movie? First of all, for a comedy getting so much attention and success, it wasn't funny at all. If anything it was melancholic and absurd. I love watching movies, and all kinds at that, but to sit through this one was nothing short of torture.

I like Kristen Wiig. I think she's funny. This movie, however, falls way short of expectations. The so called comic acts were nothing but a series of crass and vulgar situations.

I'm quite surprised why this is so highly rated. There must be something wrong.

Awful!

Author: jfshort from United States
18 November 2011

Could have been a cute movie, but went over the top with foul, crude and offensive language. The humor is sophomoric and seems like a movie that was written by Beavis and Butthead. The language is over the top foul. The behavior and reactions of characters is not believable, they get stuck in a scene and didn't know when enough is enough. This is not a movie that would appeal to most adults unless they have a very low IQ or the maturity of a 14 year old boy. It had a good premise with possibilities, but they decided to go to the gutter with it. I would not recommend letting children watch this movie and wouldn't really even want my teen to watch it.

Very funny film and good script.

Author: krispy56 from United States
14 May 2011

I thought this movie is very funny and well written.I like Kristen Wiig but sometimes on SNL I think she misses the mark but this movie she co-wrote and stared in is a home run.We laughed through out the whole movie and the crowd in the theater reacted the same way. The rest of the cast was also very good.

For a comedy this also had a good storyline and plot with some substance other than slapstick.I would recommend this movie it is what we need in this day and age we are living in.Bravo I hope we see more of this from these women in the near future.I hope it does well at the box office!

Not hilarious, but boring and nasty

Author: gerd86 from Netherlands
20 January 2012

Whereas the cover says it is hilarious, it is not. Not once did even a tiny smile appear on our faces when my friend and I watched it. It was so boring that at some point, my friend took off multiple times to make tea, wash the dishes, hang out the wash, et cetera, just so she would not have to watch.

The rivalry the cover speaks of is not at all funny. Instead, it is nasty. It brings an uncomfortable atmosphere to the movie. It is all about how selfish these girls are.

The main character is no fun at all. She is boring to watch and has no appeal whatsoever. The other characters are not very attractive to watch either. There is no fun, no humor at all in this movie; only selfishness and egotism.

You can be certain to lose your good mood if you watch this movie.

Worst movie I've seen for a while.

Author: Serenstars from United Kingdom
14 January 2012

My 16 year old daughter and I were having a girl's night in and decided to rent a film. We watched the trailer for Bridesmaids and it seemed the perfect choice. We settled down to watch and it started off bad and went downhill from there, to the point where I couldn't even make it to the end. I thought it was absolutely dire! The main character is one of the most annoying, unsympathetic characters I have ever seen in a film. No redeeming features whatsoever. I could find nothing likable about her - she was stupid, selfish, thoughtless and irritating in equal measure - completely unlikeable. The other characters provided a couple of isolated funny moments but that was it. I barely raised a smile throughout, and when the main character was on screen I could hardly watch. I am really surprised that there are so many positive reviews for this movie. I honestly can't think of one good thing to say about it. Dreadful.

Hilarious! Loved this movie.

Author: jaimemcmurtry from United States
16 May 2011

I thought this movie had it all! I went to this movie with my boyfriend and another couple (we are all 25ish) and all 4 of us could not stop talking about the movie when it was over. It was the perfect mix of everything a good comedy should have and not to mention the whole theater was laughing out loud over and over again. I was crying laughing at some points! You could really relate to the characters, especially Kristen Wiig's character. She was flawless! I recommend everyone sees this movie, and ladies don't be afraid to "drag" your man to this one! For sure one of the best comedies I have seen in a very long time - tops my list for sure.