IMDb > Turnabout (2016/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Turnabout More at IMDbPro »

Extremely average

Author: Richard Cassidy
12 January 2017

Unfortunately, not much left in the movie once you've watched the trailer. A slow mover which lures the viewer in on the pretence of a big reveal. But there isn't one. The unveiling is exactly as you might predict if you've seen any of the great thrillers or dramas. If, like me, you're pulled in by the presence of Peter Greene, I'd suggest you don't waste your time. He plays a great role (albeit one he's played many times before), but doesn't get much screen time. On the whole, the acting was OK (which is why I've rated it a generous 4), but the story could have been much better. The writer/director has potential; this is certainly not his masterpiece.

Beautiful indie

Author: larrycrust from Leeds
17 January 2017

What an absolute gem of a movie. Reminds me of the old school slow burn style film noir. Beautifully shot, beautifully directed, and paced perfectly. I was lucky enough to see it at a film festival in New York, and no-one saw the ending in sight. Waylon Payne plays Perry, and his performance should get an Indie Spirit award- he was amazing, as is NY actor George Katt. Everyone in this film does their job, and director E.B. Hughes is a force to be reckoned with. The locations are great, the writing exquisite, the photography is amazing. The tones and hues fit the film perfectly, and I love the fact that there is no soundtrack. It adds to the realism of the story. I can't wait for his next film. Movies like this don't come around often.

Fascinating, thought provoking gem of an indie

Author: caristo sanders from Santa Monica, CA
16 January 2017

I'm not sure what the last reviewer expected, but this movie was flat out perfect on all levels. First off, the photography was beautiful, like the reviews I read, it looks like a million dollar budget. The two leads are awesome. I remember seeing Waylon Payne as Jerry Lee Lewis in WALK THE LINE, and George Katt is an actor you can't take your eyes off. Also the female leads are terrific. It's what I would call a slow burn - film noir. You don't see what's coming, and every plot device is lined up neatly - like a puzzle. Credit that to writer/ director- E.B. Hughes. This guy is one to watch for. I don't know about you, but I've scoured Netflix and Amazon late at night, and I'm drawn to indies, and I'm always let down. This movie will not let you down- not in the least. It keeps you guessing, and keeps you coming back for more. AND YES- Peter Greene is great and creepy as hell. 10+ !!