IMDb > "Sherlock" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Sherlock"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Sherlock" More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 46: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Equal to a High Quality Ornament

Author: Ledy Missy
11 September 2017

Good plot, clever conversation, great action, nice suspense, nice cinematography, mysteries to be enjoyed, classic fun music, all to be found in Sherlock.

I was enjoying every moment I spent watching Sherlock. But that was it.

I didn't miss Sherlock. I didn't find it memorable. I didn't find myself wanting to re watch it long after I finished it. (Which is why I rated it 8 when I should have rated it 9).

Sherlock is best enjoyed while it is playing. You play it.

I did say those not so nice things, but if I am given the chance to watch Sherlock or not, then bring it on. It's too good than not.

Great cast, awesome characters

Author: Dereck from Belgium
14 June 2017

This show has an amazing cast and the characters are written very well. The individual episodes are great, but if you are looking for a great main plot through all seasons, you will be disappointed, except for season 2 ,which in my opinion should have been the last.

Anyway, if you like the concept of Sherlock Holmes in a modern setup and you're amused with sarcasm and ridiculous situations , you might still enjoy watching all the episodes.

Watched this entire series within 3 days. It's addicting and too good to be called a Television Series.

Author: JackieWilson from Nobody, Owens
16 August 2017

This show is amazing in every aspect. From its well thought out characters, like-able villains and it's brilliant dialogue this show will have you hungry to finish it and find out the truth about everything in the show. 10/10 best TV show would watch again.

P.s. If you like intelligent shows watch it asap as Sherlock and Moriarty would make you wish that you had someone who could appease your boredom with violence.

Never a Dull Moment,

Author: FilmBuff1994 from Ireland
28 May 2017

Sherlock is a phenomenal television series with a very well fleshed out episodes that are all film worthy, and a stand out cast. Prior to this series release, I think anyone would have considered placing the characters of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson in modern times to be a concept that would never work, and yet here we are, praising this show, rightfully, as being one of the greatest adaptations of the character to date. Each and every episode is special, intriguing and unique, none ever being similar to another. Each one also runs at 90 minutes, meaning the whole series is really just a collection of stellar Holmes movies.

The only issue I would have with the series is its lack of character development for anyone other than Holmes and Watson. I obviously understand that they are the two that the series focuses on the most, but the likes of Mycroft Holmes, and even the title character's housemaid Mrs. Hudson, have so much potential to stretch beyond what we see of them, and it's characters like these that I would love to see further developed in possible future episodes.

Every part in this series is perfectly casted. Benedict Cumberbatch is, without a doubt, my favourite Sherlock to date, he delivers the part with so much intellect and thought, we are truly watching a genuine talent and a dedicated actor at work with this role. Martin Freeman also shines as Watson, adding a lot of humanity to the character and serving perfectly as the voice of reason to Holmes, and his chemistry with Cumberbatch is undeniable. They are also joined by memorable performances from the likes of Rupert Graves, Mark Gatiss, Una Stubbs and Andrew Scott.

The show never lingers or takes things slow, there is never a dull moment. Well written, acted and directed, Sherlock is a truly engrossing series that all fans of the character should check out, as well as anyone interested in a good drama or mystery series.

Set in modern day London, Sherlock Holmes investigates crimes and mysteries with his colleague Dr. John Watson.

Best Performance: Benedict Cumberbatch

Best Episode: The Sign of Three / Worst Episode: The Hounds of Baskerville

Excellent

Author: linwenye
11 May 2017

My favorite! Watching the film, you can't even turn away your head not because of the tensely growing plot but also it's really charming that you have no chances to pay no attention to it.The unforgettable scene left on my mind is when Holmers says, You are S-H-E-R-L-O-C-K. And that time I know he is a man hidden with deep emotion.

A Very Enjoyable Modern Adaptation

Author: IkhwanArif
10 May 2017

Probably the best modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes to date, Sherlock delivers much of it's promise with style and substance. Not in the very least, is due to the amazing chemistry and performance by Martin Freemen (Watson) and Benedict Cumberbatch (Holmes).

The writers did an excellent job in giving a modern face lift to established canons - for the most part, HOUNDS was rather weak in my opinion - while ensuring that the essence of Sherlock Holmes (the observation, the intellect, the deductions) remain mostly intact and wholeheartedly British.

One of the best portrayal of Sherlock Holmes

Author: Kar Deepak Kumar (deepakkumaar97@gmail.com) from India
24 April 2017

Easily among my favorite TV Series ever. BBC Sherlock uses new and unique methods to provide the audience a peek into the famous detective's mind. The plots are very intense with a lot of attention to details.

Season 1: This basically sets the scene of Sherlock Holmes in modern era. It goes mostly on a not serious tone but with interesting cases for the detective to show off his abilities.

Season 2: The stage is set, the curtain rises. We see Sherlock deal with problems when they get very real and personal to him.

Season 3: Mediocre story lines but we get to see Sherlock's mind's full working capacity. Basically you start seeing Sherlock from a genius to a superhuman.

Its about the two baker street boys solving crimes in an updated and modern version of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic stories.

Author: foreveranubhab
2 April 2017

This is one of the best TV shows out there.This is a masterfully crafted story with subtle characters and always a satisfying mystery.It never fails to surprise me in someway.Even the worst of the episode are fantastic,yep its that good.My one gripe might be the very last episode of the last season is a bit ridiculous in some parts.And that's all its still very good tho.and plus its crazy entertaining and does a good job of bring Sherlock Holmes into a modern world.

" Amazingly intelligent and fun mystery crime drama "

Author: Ivan Arsovski from Skopje, Macedonia
14 March 2017

- Since crime drama isn't my favorite genre I started little late with this show. Knowing it was about Sherlock in modern day England I had high expectations from the beginning. Having watched hundreds of TV shows you can take my word for it. This show had a great start, amazing 2nd season and now my favorite 3rd. I never found it boring even for a second. Yes, there is drama, but it is all within it's limits and the constant mysteries coming our way only make it more enchanting. It is one of those shows where, the more observant you are, the more you understand it as a whole. After all, it is about Sherlock Holmes, a genius mind with signs of social anxiety disorder along with his dear friend Dr. Watson in a series of different mysteries and crimes. Whatever age or nationality you are, you will find this show very interesting and fun to watch. For me, all actors are picked very good, especially the leading ones, which also have an excellent performance from the start. It will surprise you in a very good way if you give it a chance. It gets better and surprisingly more intelligent. - Highly recommended...

Like the show but could not hear dialog

Author: skip-54421 from US
5 March 2015

Look I hate shows like this that think the music should be louder than the dialog. I mean you should be able to lip read to understand much of the dialog over the music. I generally liked the show except for this reason. The acting was fine and the modern technology works "such as cell phones" for great old story as it did in the day when the first Sherlock Holmes was written. I watched the first episode on BBC America I hope more episodes will be forth coming but without the sound problems of the first episode. I think the series is worth watching and I also liked the captions of what Sherlock was thinking it was easier to follow that way you did not know in older shows without Holmes spouting observations.