IMDb > Love Khichdi (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Love Khichdi More at IMDbPro »

every guy should go and watch it

Author: aintwedudes from India
2 September 2009

first of all Randeep Hooda is amazing in this movie in fact every character in this movie played their part perfectly well and i know for sure that every guy can relate the randeep's character to themselves. Its good to see a great comedy movie time to time especially if its Indian cuz there aren't many hilarious comedy movies these days made in Indian cinema .I mean there are cheap high budget comedy movies made but they are so bad that you actually ending up laughing up on the movie and not in the movie.So i request everyone of you to go and watch this movie so that Indian cinema could take some serious notes and produce more of these kind of movies which are low budget but still better than millions of high budget movies..SO ENJOY this movie.I am waiting for someone to replace my comments so that i could know that there are guys like me.

Only lust can be pure, love has many complications

Author: Avinash Patalay from Middle Earth
12 October 2009

Lets be honest here and for once give the due credit to the multiplex culture. Certainly it has paved way to the young and fresh aspiring blood a new career choice - film making. The results are mixed bag yet, but we have seen a few fresh ideas brimming. "Love Khichdi" is the latest offing. The attempt is honest, sincere and praise-worthy. It excels in every department - script, screenplay, editing, background score, songs, performances and above all direction.

Θ Randeep Hooda:: The generation next personified (roughly translated as "predominantly non-committal to a relationship and fairer sex reduced to tools for carnal gratification"). Randeep manages to progress the character quite smoothly.

Θ Sada:: Its nice to see the "Vellu Vaiyya" girl attempting to carve a place in Bollywood. With the "next-door-girl" looks she has strong resemblance to Asin and here's to wishing similar success. As per the demands of the script I would have preferred an average looking girl for the role in question. Only a blind man can turn Nelson's eye to such a beauty. Or perhaps the director failed to mention that Randeep's Hooda character suffers from eye-condition.

Θ Rituparna Sengupta:: Well - she is a beauty in her own right. And maybe it was a deja vu that I saw it coming. But extremely good writing there.

Θ Divya Dutta:: She is as usual dependable and gets her accent/ mannerism of the housewife (read that as "aunty") quite right.

Θ Kalpana Pandit:: Manages to bring out the character as quite independent and upright. Her accent was quite believable actually.

Θ Riya Sen:: Instead of a known face, perhaps a new-comer could have added a punch in the role of Lollita.

Θ Sonali Kulkarni:: Now she is indeed icing on the cake in terms of performance. Clearly manages to overshadow the rest of the actresses alongside her.

Sanjay Mishra:: Had no scope in the character or maybe got edited.

Saurabh Shukla:: As a mentor, he gets to mouth lines loaded with wisdom and as usual his performance is dependable.

Finally about the director Srinivas Bhashyam - after "Paisa Vasool" I had written him off completely. But with "Love Khichdi" he is back with a bang showcasing his true potential. He manages to hit the bulls-eye and yes if he gets to play his cards right, he is indeed a new kid around the block with a gift

PS: My only problem is "Love Kichidi" bears a strong resemblance to "Pyar Ke Side Effects". Watch it and you will know why.

Better Then Other Vulgar Movies In Bollywood

Author: M MALIK from Pakistan
10 January 2011

this movie is better then other bollywood loud mouth,Salman Khan type cheesy movies.

this is a good one time watch movie..

a different cast with a mix of old & new stories.

Randeep & all other girls did well.it was funny in some parts but gets serious at the end.

love khichdi is something every guy should watch at least once & i am a guy too i am not going through that phase of girlfriends but this movie explains that how to handle some situations of love & relationships if you get into one.

Bachna ae Haseeno meets Dorian Gray

Author: Sherazade from United States
31 January 2011

Randeep Hooda is a very good looking man, so it's no surprise that he was cast as a serial-dating womanizer with at least a dozen women battling for his attention. The movie was initially light-hearted, funny and entertaining in its first half but that all falls apart in the second half. It was like the writer ran out of scenarios/ideas and just sent an empty page or pages to the director to shoot. In fact in the last few scenes, Hooda who is usually at the top of his games in all the roles I've seen him essay, looked a bit confused with the lines he had to read, it almost seemed like the director asked him to make up his own words since the writer had left the end pages blank or something.

That said, I would like to applaud the following actress for their co- starring work in the film; Rituparna SenGupta for her work as the defiant cougar who catches the eye of our womanizer, Riya Sen as the Lolita next door, complete with her Britney Spears get-ups, Divya Dutta as the landlord's wife who also attracts the eye of our womanizer and the actress who played the maid, because she was so funny. All in all it was a time-pass type film with a rather male chauvinistic message. Watch it but don't pick you role-models from it.

A Refreshing Comedy Khichdi

Author: Chrysanthepop from Fraggle Rock
17 October 2010

It's been a while since I had last seen a refreshing Hindi comedy film. That's what 'Love Khichdi' is. In case one is wondering, khichdi is a kind of dish where rice is cooked with lentils. The result is something yellow and delicious. 'Love Khichdi' is just as delightfully tasteful.

Director Srinivas Bhashyam may have been inspired by the fantastic TV series 'Kitchen Confidential' but this is no rip-off nor does it directly copy any scene from the aforementioned series. He stays focused on the lead character Vir, a vagrant womanizer and gifted sous chef, who maintains a no-strings-attached relationship with every woman in his life. Of course not all of them are successful as such is the case with the voluptuous Pammi, the sexy maid Shanta and the sweet girl next door Sandhya. My only minor quibble is that I would have liked to see more development in the story after Vir hears of the engagement of one of the women in his life. I felt the sequences thereafter were a bit rushed.

The execution is pretty good. I liked the authentic Indian settings. The sets weren't too lavish, as if one is watching a fairy tale about some rich people. The background score is alright. Even though I did not like the instrumental tracks, they didn't ruin the film for me. The songs were passable except for the fantasy song that has been visualized in portions as Vir or the women fantasize about one another. This song is energetic and just brilliant for the fantasy sequences. The lyrics are hilarious.

After a long time, Randeep Hooda gets a great lead part in a worthy movie and he does a good enough job. The luminous Rituparna Sengupta, hilarious Divya Dutta and laugh-out-loud inducing Sonali Kulkarni are terrific. Even Riya Sen is alright (but then again, she's playing a 16 year old bimbo who has a crush on Vir). Sada is very likable and Saurabh Shukla is great.

'Love Khichdi' has indeed been a fun watch and I am glad to know that Hindi cinema can still offer us such refreshing comedic treats.