IMDb > Astral City: A Spiritual Journey (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Nosso Lar

Astral City: A Spiritual Journey More at IMDbPro »Nosso Lar (original title)

Universal and unconditional !

Author: Leonardo Foggia from Brasília - Brazil
30 August 2010

This great film tells the story of a man like any of us who are suddenly faced with death, and worse, he discovers that she does not exist!

Nosso Lar is a film made by courageous people, people who are not afraid of others opinions, which allows them to have a powerful force of view, devoting their talents to something that usually does not cause reactions in society in general. I'm talking about the subject that seems to be in the film: the universal and unconditional love. It is an issue that apparently does not sell, excite, does not make people move! I have the impression that this movie is to start a big and beautiful change in this picture. I think people are tired of gunfire, explosions and pain free. I have faith that hope is a theme that will also sell! Not for the sale itself, but by necessity we have today to permeate our lives with feelings of this nature. This film is able to soak up your life with wonderful values, to make you spend one month thinking on the principles that are discussed, because there are many!

Get ready to choke! Not all humans are capable of encountering its own bitterness, his own sufferings reflected on a movie screen and go through it unscathed. Apart from the subsequent discovery that there is redemption yes, although we believe very little in it.

Take the whole family to the movies!

Sending a Calm and Nice Message...

Author: Leonardo Novaes from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 September 2010

This movie for me, was like felting all of my believes. with a nice calm, and slow rhythm that makes us experience this movie in a different way.

There is no rush or dialogs to explain the faith, its a matter to understand for your self, make you think things, re-think your life.

The special effects didn't interfere with the basis of the story, just make it more beautiful to watch!

People who are "Espiritas" will see their believes materialized, in gorgeous set, they use some nice locations, and transform they a little bit, but i think the idea was to show that heaven "Nosso Lar" is not so different from here on earth, on our world we just need to make it more peaceful, and less capitalist, less noise, less selfish.

i'm not a review writer (its my first) but i felt it would be important to write what i felt.

"When he died, his story was only beginning"

Author: carolinemiranda from Sweden
1 March 2011

This movie was fascinating! The effects are fantastic and the scenario very captivating.

Sends you to a place where you can't help but put yourself in Andre's shoes and think of what you want to do with your life. As for the message sent by the movie, it is one that warms the heart and awakens questions about life, love, selflessness and how you affect your life and the life of those around you by simply existing. As a scientist I have gone through life battling with the fear of death. After watching Nosso Lar something inside me changed. I won't say I am a believer now, but I feel at least hope ...

I recommend it for anyone who one day has wondered what happens when you part.

Best Brazilian movie in 2010

Author: glaucorolim from Brazil
17 February 2011

This film was the best one in 2010 because put in the main screen the most famous book of Chico Xavier

- brings a new spiritual way to see life (not so new for 'espíritas'= a philosophical movement born in France, but Brazil have the main followers today, see 'Allan Kardek' for more information) - it doesn't have violence (common in 'good' films today) - actors were very good and the history was perfect showing the spiritual growth of a person (André Luiz) - the special effects were superb, carefully done - music by Philip Glass, no comments... very beautiful This film is controversial for many people because brings subjects as reincarnation, life after death so on

Enchanting Movie

Author: evelyn-83 from United States
14 February 2011

This movie is not only visually impressive but it is also the most beautiful story about the real meaning of life.

I recommend it! You have to watch it to have your own opinion since there are many moral values involved in this story making it hard to trust the reviews.

The movie tells us a story about "Andre Luis" who was a successful doctor living a rich life (rich material life) and just like many of us he did not care to enrich his spiritual life (moral values) letting the selfishness, pride and self-centeredness take over his personality. Only after death he finds out that knowledge, status and money without moral values doesn't help him to be happy in the eternal life.

Insiprational

Author: fabioborghesi-1 from Italy
7 December 2012

I have been touched very much by this movie. It puts together many different books and philosophy i have been in contact with in the last 20 years in a logic understandable frame that is based on consistent information. If you think reincarnation is absurd and there is no meaning to life you probably are not interested in watching it, and it is OK like that. If on the other hand you feel there is more to life than eating, sleeping, having a job and making a family and that which you learn at school, take the time to watch it...it will make you question and understand many things of your own life. And the quality of it...it is the most expensive movie done in Brazil to date..

A Good Try

Author: david-952-60250 from London, England
19 March 2014

I read The Astral City many years ago, and it helped inspire me to learn Astral Projection. The Astral World is very different to the physical world. For example you see by sensing energies, as opposed to trying to look at them. This is not so easy in demonstrate in a film. If you want to know how to visit the Astral City then you will find practical projection techniques at GreatSimulator.com Its good to watch a film such as this because it drives you to explore. One of the best aspects of the whole story is the way in which it makes you realize the importance of learning what lies beyond death. Visiting the Astral World through Astral Projection at least shows you what the reality beyond death is.

Excellent Example of what Spiritism has to teach us!

Author: ExploreSpiritism.com from United States
11 May 2011

This is an excellent movie, based on the true-story novel, by the same title, written, by the spirit, Andre Luiz, through the Brazilian medium, Francisco Candido Xavier. Andre Luiz is considered, among Spiritists, as a beloved "reporter" from the spirit realm, due to the wealth of knowledge he has brought us about life if the spirit realm and the interactions between the material and spiritual worlds. "Nosso Lar" was the first book in a fascinating series of enlightening and inspirational novels from Andre Luiz. You would be surprised and intrigued by the treasures in each of them!

If you like this movie, or if you even would just like more information about Spiritism, you can check out: http://www.ExploreSpiritism.com (also find "Explore Spiritism" on Facebook!)

This is a really nice video about the medium, also known as "Chico Xavier": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txa_gBNkvdU

Do you know what happen after death?

Author: ccardozo2003 from Brasil
5 September 2010

The base for this movie is the spiritual reality. It tries to explain what does happen to us after the death of our body. Where do we go? How is it like? Do we eat? Do we have to work? Do we feel pain?... You will find very rational answers for those and much more questions that may come along with the movie. It is based on a real life experience of a doctor, Andre Luiz, and is told by himself. He lived his life quite as we all do and after a gastrointestinal problem he does not resist and die. After that, he goes through very tough moments until he finally recognizes the importance of God and asks for help. That is when he is taken to "Nosso Lar" - a spiritual colony - and starts seen things from a different perspective beginning to understand life and its mechanics. Based on the best seller "Nosso Lar" psycho graphed (channeled) by Chico Xavier it is a great opportunity for us to know what does expect us "in the other side".

Excellent interpretation of the after life

Author: Barbara Whitfield from Atlanta GA
14 July 2013

I had two near-death experiences and went on to do research on the NDE. I have written several books on it too. I think this film does an excellent job of explaining what is really unexplainable. The only thing I didn't like was the name! It's so much better than "Astral" or maybe "astral" has been over done by the new age genre.

The acting was good and I didn't even mind needing to read sub-titles after awhile.

Really worth the watch. I'm even going to look up the books to see if they have been translated into English. Just so clever, I will be thinking about it for a long time.