IMDb > "Más sabe el diablo" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Más sabe el diablo" More at IMDbPro »

Top 10 telenovelas of the more than 75 I've seen so far

Author: vikkideanegomez from Charlotte, NC
18 June 2014

I highly recommend this telenovela for all telenovela lovers. The Remix version is done wonderfully and spliced perfectly without loosing any of the important story lines of the original novela.

I read the one review I've seen so far about the use of Spanish in this telenovela and that comment is totally ridiculous. Even though it was filmed in the US, it was filmed for a Spanish audience. There also is some English mixed throughout when the characters are intermingling with US characters (especially Jencarlos Canela's character Angel).

Also, this telenovela (especially the "Mas Sabe el Diablo - Remix) was dubbed completely in English for US television market. I find this reviewer's comments to be completely racist. As a US born citizen to US parents, grandparents, etc., I had the opportunity to live in Mexico, Central, and South America; where believe me, the citizens of those countries (for the most part) spoke some English but never demanded that Spanish be the only language in which to communicate.

Unlike the North American educational system, other countries (Spanish and European especially) concentrate on teaching various languages (a majority choose English, Chinese, or Japanese).

I think this was one of the best televolas of the more than 75 I've ever seen, especially with the love story intermixed with thrilling action scenes. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and I watched it almost non-stop until it ended.

Jencarlos Canela is gorgeous enough just to look at without any dialog, and Gaby Espino is a gorgeous woman. The actors were selected spendily. PLEASE WATCH. Vikki

Gorgeous Girls but idiot series

Author: vincentga from New York
21 July 2010

Although it is impossible to be objective when talking about themselves, I think I am not racist. For me, and it is naive to think it's a language Official country. So: The Chinese in China, Japanese in Japan, German in Germany, the Indian, India, etc. And the U.S. would be "Usonian".

It seems the United States there has not even Official language. USA Official language(s) None at federal level

National language English (de facto))

This is really surprising and silly.

The first time I saw the series Más sabe el Diablo I thought it was a series from Spain. Or even Argentina or Brazil (even if the official language is Portuguese - we should say the "Brazilian").

But this series is made in the United States. I find it really absurd even if there are 30 million Spanish in the United States. It seems to me that in a country we must share basic things. And the language is one.

If everyone starts to speak his language, then we will find ourselves in a beautiful tower of Babel. Note that this may be what you want. For when we apply the principle "divide and rule" is what actually happens. If no one can understand this in a country because each speaks the language he wants, and there is no common language at all, then this country is no longer one.

Regarding criticism for Más sabe el diablo, well it is really a series insignificant. Like all series soaps.

The technique is good but the story and scenarios are more conventional. The only pleasure watching this series is to see the beautiful women "Angeline Moncayo" (Marina) and Gaby Espino (Manuela Davila).

I have nothing against the Spanish, but I find it completely stupid to do the series in Spanish or other languages in the United States. Everything should be "Usonian" (modified English where the origin of which is English of England).

My rating for Más sabe el diablo: 3 / 10 1 for technical, 1 for "Angeline Moncayo" (Marina) and, 1 for "Gaby Espino (Manuela Davila).