IMDb > "Dexter" If I Had a Hammer (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dexter: If I Had a Hammer (#4.6)"

"Dexter" If I Had a Hammer (2009)

« Prev | 42 of 96 Episodes | Next »

Wolf on Sheep's Clothing

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
14 August 2011

Dexter investigates Trinity and learns that he is the professor and family man Arthur Mitchell, married with two children. Dexter is intrigued with the real affection of Trinity for his family and decides to get closer to the serial-killer. He goes to the Sacred Fellowship that helps people and he introduces himself as Kyle Butler. Meanwhile, Rita forces Dexter to go with her to a marriage therapist expecting to resolve her issues with Dexter. Debra believes that Nikki Wald had killed Lundy and she is intended to commit perjury against the junkie. Maria and Angel regret the disclosure to Deputy Chief Tom Matthews about their relationship and they deliver affidavit that they are not dating each other.

"If I Had a Hammer" is a "stalled" episode of Dexter. Rita is annoying and now she decides to go to a marriage therapist. I do not know how often this procedure happens in the American society but from an outsider, this decision is quite ridiculous. Dexter studies Trinity but does not kill him, otherwise the season would have to come to an end. Why does he need to be intrigued with the affection of the serial-killer for his family seems to be only to buy time and extend the season for six more shows. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Se Eu Tivesse um Martelo" ("If I Had a Hammer")