IMDb > "Flashforward" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 9: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Well, they tried.

Author: fortyleaves23 from Canada
19 May 2010

ABC's FlashForward was an ambitious project, and it had genuine potential. However, serial dramas have been suffering of late, and FlashForward is the latest of the casualties. The now-cancelled series had some good points (strong casting, an intriguing premise, and involving mysteries early on) and some bad points (poor storyline decisions, a lack of strong character development, and a disregard for true dramatic pacing), but not every ambitious project can turn out like Battlestar Galactica, or Lost. Maybe next time they'll get it right, but the production team behind FlashForward just couldn't manage this time. Like the Clash of the Titans remake, the effort was there, but something just couldn't click. It happens, sure, but it's still pretty sad.

Great show, great and great story

Author: Branko from Macedonia
22 August 2013

One of the best TV serials ever, very interesting and intrigue story, breath taking moments and philosophical way of thinking. It's a real shame that this show was canceled, it should have 3 seasons at least to be considered and captured in movie history as one of the best shows ever made...but still it's not to late to take in consider this question once more and put on-air the show again.

I have watched a lot of more expensive movies and series that this one, and they were way bellow this one. I think this TV show deserves a better treatment in the movie industries, because the viewers are too bored watching the same or nearly the same stories and scenarios in all other serial or non serial movies. Audience needs something fresh, something different and deeper than the ordinary, something that not only will entertain people, but increase the level of thinking and knowing of life and things around itself.Thank you!

Riveting Series

Author: Robert de Geus from United States
6 May 2013

I was incredibly saddened by this series cancellation. There was nothing I did not thoroughly enjoy in this show.

I do however wish that they would have not ended on a cliffhanger, I will forever be left guessing what the ending to this show would have been.

I loved the premise of seeing a limited vision of the future and being left guessing. The idea that we would create a social network to connect each of the "flashes" seems like a realistic intuitive leap and I was impressed by the realism this Sci-Fi presented.

Very awesome.

i love flashfoward and i miss it

Author: softballchick_st from United States
9 October 2011

when i first heard about this show, i questioned on how it would turn out. after the first episode, i was hooked. i could not wait till the next episode because of the suspense that the previous episode had left me with. when i heard that this show was not going to be on again, i questioned why. this show was amazing and there seemed to be nothing wrong. i just don't get it. i wish the show would come back on. it is hard to believe that they left everybody who liked the show questioning what would happen next and then there being no ending. this has been one of my favorite shows to watch and it was the only show i watched on Thursdays. like i said, it was a show that it would take a while for most people to like, but i liked it right away

What a great series...so sad it was canceled

Author: springroberts from United States
19 March 2011

This was such an awesome show and as the episodes continued it got better and better...The characters became believable and the story very intriguing. I am so bummed it was canceled...people would have liked it if they could of gotten past the first four episodes. Crushed! I was able to watch this on Netflix and thoroughly recommend it...even if you do not get closure on it. Had a few familiar faces from the Lost series, with very good acting. I guess I will start watching Fringe since that seems to be all there is now. Thanks a lot ABC for letting us down. You should at least give your audience a few ending episodes so that they will trust you next time to finish your series. It's like reading a good book and having someone rip out the last two chapters.

One of the best story arc on TV of all-time

Author: releaze from Netherlands
21 November 2010

I can understand why this show was canceled, it's a very high information storyline, not one episode is in the least bit predictable, it'll keep you on the edge of your seat for the full 22 eps and not _one_ moment is boring.

Other than that it has the unusual combination of being a copseries, an hospital series, an action series, a dramaseries, a sciencefictionseries, a platoseries and a familyseries all in one.

It's too densly packed, too much tension, too much quality to stay in the attention of someone who just wants some entertainment after a hard day of work.

Flash Forward keeps you entertained, every second. It keeps you puzzling, every second. It keeps surprising you, almost every second, and it makes you feel, every second.

Flash Forward is not a regular tvshow, not a show that you would gladly watch every tuesday night, flash forward is a show that you gotta consume in one enormous big gulp. It won't lift your feet off this earth and make you forget about this life, no.

Its one of those series that'll put you right here and now. What life do I choose?

I am not surprised this show was canceled. After all "What life do I choose?" is a question that is way too confrontational. We'd rather avoid it.

Buy or rent the DVD, and watch it: Watch one of the best story arcs shown on TV ever.

Captivating and intelligent

Author: tellmegan from United Kingdom
1 September 2010

I thought it was a brilliant series and I am devastated that it's been cancelled after only one series, I still refuse to believe it!

Every episode has you glued to the screen wondering what's going to happen next and leaves you stunned by what has happened! It's excellently put together and intelligently thought up and the acting in it is 100% believable. The layout of the program is similar to Lost in that there are always cliffhangers and questions to be asked, but it differs in the fact that the questions always get answered, and there's logic behind it all. It's just an extremely clever, captivating program.

Outstanding!

Author: D P from United Kingdom
5 August 2010

This unique and well executed show is mind bogglingly brilliant. This is not a Lost replacement, but a show superior of Lost-and i love Lost.

The cast was well selected and are more than believable.

And yet, it has been cancelled after it's first season which ended on a dramatic finale which I need answers too.

The story even related to modern times with the atom smashing experiment which had been performed recently and is being performed again.

I now want to read the book they got their inspirations from

ABC you have just killed off your best show. Let's hope Karma bites you back!

Fun show until Ep 7 - 'the Gift'

Author: Jamie Clay from Northern California
20 February 2010

We started watching the show and for the first seven episodes it was a lot of fun, enjoyed the hell out of it.

I liked the premise that the flash forwards were all the result of the people having seen them. A reverse butterfly effect, individualized.

It was fascinating to see things come together on the path to the flash forward visions. I figured that the day of reckoning would reveal many surprises as to what was really happening in the small visions. Sort of how the show Damages is often played out.

Then came "The Gift" episode – ironic name if you ask me because I felt that episode took away what made the series compelling to watch.

In 'The Gift' episode Mark killed himself, making his vision and all flash forward visions are no longer worthy of trusting. It broke the foundation of what made the show compelling. It also felt like a cheap cop-out to make it easier to write.

Now, all bets are off. None of the flash forwards have to occur because each individual is free to change the outcome. The ticking time bomb was defused.

Now I guess Mark could come back from the dead and resumes his duties for the FBI (at this point why not?) but obviously that doesn't happen or it would have been noted on the board somewhere, right?

Yes, time travel stories are beyond difficult to get right – this one ALMOST had it (for me) but fumbled.

At this point – I'll watch the remaining episodes out of investment and curiosity.

Pondering the same issue over and over again

Author: Olaf Weyer (olafreinhardweyer@googlemail.com) from Germany
5 April 2010

This series started out good, but it's all gone wrong now. I am a big fan of melodrama and always thought a show couldn't have enough of it, well i've been proved wrong. This series is in dire need of dropping the pondering of the flashforwards effects on society as a whole and the characters personal lifes and better get into action, conspiracy and investigating soon (like the pilot and second episode promised) or it will be soon as dead as it already feels. Melodrama, in this case, should be a bonus, like it is in the X-files and 24, not the main focus.

Here is your problem, writers: The Experience of the flashforward was a single event now in the past and as a single event it is just to static to hold any prolonged intereset. You can't make a single starting point into a whole series. You couldn't have Lost ponder the plane crash all the time and how it feels so bad if there is a whole island full of weirdos to explore. You don't use your cast of characters to show how bad they feel about having crashed and how that crash ONLY effects there life from now on, while there a whole bunch of other things that will effect them because AND AFTER they crashed. Your problem is, that the flashworwads doesn't hold anything interisting. Whats to come is less dramatic then what has happened. We already had the cities on fire all over the world, but no such thing seems to be happening on the day the flashforward depicts. It just seems to be a normal day. Where is the adventure in that? No wonder, your characters are more interested in their perosnal lifes and their emotional make up.

Writers, there is a solution: Peoples flashforward are getting more refined. Not all was revealed about the future occurrence, when they them. Flashforward Day will be global hell, slaughter, death, disturbing new images overhelm our people. Now that should help them do something about it, huh?

Page 3 of 9: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]