IMDb > "Flashforward" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Shocked to see FlashForward being canceled... One of the Best shows ever

Author: sina765 from United Arab Emirates
29 May 2010

I really liked the show and actually I thought it could be a replacement for LOST... I think FlashForward had a great storyline and it could become one of those famous TV shows if people had supported it a little... when I found out that it is canceled I was shocked and surprised to see such a perfect show canceled. I am really frustrated. I just want to say that I am really sorry for American audience who are only interested in black and white... Little Gray makes thing interesting and adventurous... How come you like TV shows like GLEE, ONE TREE HILL which have very boring and lame story line but not TV shows such as FlashForward which got a little mystery in it... I hope you change this attitude and be little more supportive of these shows which lots of efforts and time are spent... U SHOULD BE ASHAMED ....

The pilot episode and the overall concept alone has got me hooked.

Author: johnnymacbest from United States
28 September 2009

Wow. Who would've thought that in the history of TV, a show such as Flash-Forward, a sci-fi show of all things TV, knocks "Survivor" off the top spot in the ratings!! Amazing. People are finally getting a show that clicks with viewers amidst the sea of chaos of soulless Reality/Gameshow crap of today's airwaves with such an impact of drama and mystery-tinged bravado with exceptionally good acting performances from Joseph Fiennes and Courtney B. Vance. David S Goyer of BB and The Dark Knight lens his pen to ensure that the series is both epic and captivating and it's because of this that I'm hooked. The female leads are not bad either but could use a bit of polish that's bound to improve in future episodes. But on top of all this is the show's concept which is really cool and has me anxious to see the next episode. Some may complain about the slow build up but I'm glad for it because it lets the audience become acquainted with the characters and their experiences during a worldwide cataclysmic event and the plot moves at a steady pace without leaving too much out of the main story. It's a little rough around the edges but I say here's to ABC for delivering a intriguing and exciting piece of TV that has yet to reveal itself in a grand and spectacular fashion.

Excellent, too bad ABC killed it too early

Author: Andrei Demeny from Romania
28 May 2010

I wasn't expecting much from it at the beginning, but it turned out to be great. Good story, enough mystery to keep you interested, good performances.

Joseph Fiennes, John Cho and Dominic Monaghan have done a great job, with natural and good emotional acting. It was a pleasure to watch them every second.

One of the best, original shows I've ever watched.

I'm so sorry that ABC killed it after 22 episodes. After Kyle XY, a very promising show is again canceled. I'm glad I watched it, but I wanted more...

Flash Forward was surprisingly good

Author: dnlawyer from United States
29 September 2009

I thought the opening episode was awesome. I try not to go into new shows trying to make comparisons to other shows I've seen. I just try to take in what I'm experiencing there and then and if you do that, I think you'll find Flash Forward's opening episode pretty good. The concept is great and they have a great cast of actors. What I especially liked was the suspense of it all, what everyone "saw" themselves doing, who they were with, who they weren't with, and so forth. And lastly, is this a supernatural type of story? A natural disaster or phenomenon of sorts? A deliberate event or experiment? Who knows! The natural fear exhibited by the cast is also fairly realistic, when you place yourself in their shoes. I imagined myself in the same situation... what if you caught a glimpse of yourself 6months into the future? What if you didn't like what you saw? Scary....

The challenge will be to see if they can maintain the intensity through the life of the show....

don't let it end

Author: silmaril-6 from Serbia
28 May 2010

It's a shame if they cancel this show after just one season. It has a lot of potential on long run. Clever and interesting story with ability to last for at least 3 seasons, fine characters and acting (with one exception - although I highly appreciate Joseph Fiennes, I just can't figure out what happened to his acting skills here, he's so artificial, unconvincing and sometimes annoying with his face expressions?!) Not the best show on the Earth (there's no best show on the Earth if you ask me;) but better than many more that last for years. They should give this one better chance, I'm still confused about really big break at the end of 2009, I don't think it did this show any good. Overall 8.5 and I really hope they'll change their mind and let us enjoy at least season 2

After the first 2 Episodes this has me Hooked.

Author: Celticnationalist from Wales
6 October 2009

Therefore I do hope that ratings in the States hold up well and this doesn't get canceled like so many others...

The Plot is Intriguing... A mysterious event causes every single person in the World to simultaneously lose consciousness for 2 minutes and 17 seconds, during which time People appear to see visions of their lives 6 Months in the future, Many people see Newspapers or Calendars and it's established that every single Vision Worldwide takes place on either April 29th or 30th 2010, It's also established that Visions are shared in that if one person was with another in their vision, the other person also reports the same events in their vision... During these 2 minutes and 17 Seconds many Deaths result in Car accidents among other events and leaving the Worldwide Population wondering whether what they saw will actually happen, So a Team of FBI Agents led by Stanford Wedeck (Courtney B. Vance) and spearheaded by Mark Benford (Joseph Fiennes)try to find out what happened and why and whether or not it will happen again.

The plot is highly Original based upon a Novel by Sci-Fi Author Robert J. Sawyer and having only seen two episodes I have become totally hooked.

EDIT: Flashforward has been put on hiatus for over 3 MONTHS, due to falling ratings in the U.S - absolutely ridiculous, we all know from previous struggling shows that a long break in the season, really finishes the series off as hardly anybody remembers or cares after a long period of time and very few will return to watch.. Fans of series' do not like to be messed around.

EDIT: FLASHFORWARD AS OF MAY '10 HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY CANCELLED AND WILL NOT BE RETURNING FOR A SECOND SERIES - I can't say I'm surprised as the Series have been on Life support since its forced hiatus in the Winter.

An interesting idea cancelled too soon

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
3 June 2010

When I saw this series advertised I thought it looked interesting and so it proved to be. In the opening episode everybody in the world suffered a simultaneous black out during which people saw what they would be doing at the same time several months later. The story follows the activities of the FBI office in Los Angeles as one of their agents saw himself in front of a board detailing an investigation into the cause of the blackouts. There is a fairly tangled web of things seen in the future. The agent's wife saw herself with another man who turns out to be involved with a science project that may have caused it, another man sees himself in Afghanistan with his daughter who he believed had died some time before and some people had no flash forwards, which they take to mean they won't be alive then. Having seen the future they must determine whether this is an unavoidable destiny or can their knowledge allow them to change the future.

In a series with a large cast of characters it is impossible to mention everybody but the most notable cast members are Joseph Fiennes who did a decent job as Agent Mark Benford, Sonya Walger who played his wife Olivia and Jack Davenport who plays scientist Lloyd Simcoe who is apparently destined to end up in bed with Olivia. Over the course of the series my opinion about whether or not the flash forwards will all come true or not changed several times... I won't say whether they all did or not but will say I was satisfied with how that day finally turned out. It is just a shame that the final episode sets us up for a second series which won't happen due to its cancellation meaning that it is unlikely will ever learn the full story about who caused the black out and why.

Surprising, thought provoking, well-worth your time

Author: jhumbe20 from United States
16 October 2009

ABC's new drama Flash Forward is excellent. I have been texting my friends and family on Thursday nights, telling them to start watching this show. It is fast paced, and the drama keeps building. It will make you think about your own future. The surprises keep getting me, and I am hooked for the season. It is a thriller that revolves around a core cast, and each character develops his or her own plot line, and many times those elements tangle with those of the other characters. It just adds to the suspense and gives a real feeling of what's at stake. Every week a new clue is discovered and further obstacles arise. The main premise is what caused the black- outs, and it seems as though a group of people are responsible. It was not a naturally occurring phenomenon. The FBI is front and center in the investigation. Every person in the world has a story to tell--everyone saw a glimpse of the future. It makes you think about destiny and how much of our own futures are up to chance.

Brannon Braga Lives!

Author: violet-ashes from Australia
28 September 2009

What a wonderful concept! This show is a writer's dream.

I must admit I was not too fussed about seeing this show - the promo's didn't seem to interest me. But when I did sit down to watch it & realised it was a child of Brannon Braga (among other people) I was intrigued & I was not disappointed.

I was spellbound for the whole episode and cannot wait to see more! I am particularly interested to see what kind of guest stars we we will be seeing. Brannon Braga has links to the 'Star Trek' generation so I am hopeful we will see some familiar faces.

I have written the words 'Flash Forward' on my 2010 calendar on April 29... when I get there I hope I am doing something super interesting and that Flash Forward has made it to a second season!

amazing

Author: spidermonkey220 from United Kingdom
8 July 2012

I know this show was aired a while ago but i have just gone through all episodes and i'm sorry if people think its bad acting but i thought it was amazing,

There was one or two parts that had me a bit judgmental on their directing and the rest of it was so great,

But it really left me wanting to see more, i want to know more and i would love to carry on watching more as i'm sure a lot of people would of agreed at the time,

Now is a perfect time to bring it back, FYI !

Thoroughly enjoyed all of it !!

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]