IMDb > Magnum Farce: A Shot in the Park (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Great concept for an animated short - well executed.

Author: ErniePandish from United States
28 November 2010

One of the reasons Ken Mora's award winning Magnum Farce rates is because it pulls off what few shorts can accomplish... it makes you want to see a full length feature version. Fans of Dirty Harry/70s cops and robbers will get the send up of tough guy cop talk and crime investigation scenes that Magnum Farce provides. The animation is very good, the voices are dead on for matching voice with character and there is a story that Clint Eastwood fans will get... really any fan of the cops and robbers genre who wishes to laugh at the conventions of the genre. You don't have to be a Clint Eastwood / Dirty Harry fan to like it... it just makes it more fun.Magnum Farce does stand on its own and I look forward to seeing Ken Mora's future films.I don't know what Ken Mora is working on next... I hope its a feature version of Magnum Farce or, maybe, a new short featuring his take on the Eddie Murphy/Nick Nolte - Mel Gibson/Danny Glover serious/straight man cop saddled with a very dysfunctional partner sub-genre.