When Kajal (Sridevi) marries Raaj (Anil Kapoor), an Engineer by profession, she and her dad (Kader Khan), automatically assume that he is rich, wealthy, and corrupt. But that is not the ... See full summary »
Dr. Siddharth Sinha is a dedicated selfless doctor who dreams of building a state-of-the-art hospital with all the modern instruments and amenities for patient care . His foster son Akash ... See full summary »
Percocious Shalu has determined that she is in need of employment, and does get one with Khanna Industries, with a fair amount of false information. She meets with the owner's son, Dev ... See full summary »
After completing his studies in London, England, Shakti Thakur returns home to India in a small town where his family resides. Accompanying him is his leggy girlfriend, Anita, who he is in ... See full summary »
Rohit Kumar (Aamir Khan) is an aspirant playback singer while Kiran (Manisha Koirala) is a classical singer-in-training, but at inside aims to be some thing like Rohit. They meet, relate to... See full summary »
Rahul Malhotra (Aamir Khan) is the manager of the heavily in debt family business. He is also the guardian of his dead sister's mischievous kids. Rahul hires Vaijayanti (Juhi Chawla) as ... See full summary »
Ethan Mascarenhas, formerly the world's greatest magician, has been quadriplegic since a performance went wrong 14 years before. For the past 12 years Ethan's health has been relatively stable, largely due to the relentless dedication of his nurse, Mrs Sofia D'Souza. He lives and works at his home, spreading new magic to millions of people with his irrepressible wit and spirit through books he has written and his radio show. But now his internal organs are failing. To avoid permanent hospitalization and machine life-support, Ethan petitions a court to be legally allowed to die. Ethan's request - his 'guzaarish' - shocks everyone in his world, but especially threatens his relationship with Sofia, who is the core of his existence. Will Ethan's petition succeed? How will Sofia respond? Written by
Well, the movie was really engaging and brilliantly made. Haven't seen an Indian movie with so much depth and purpose, and believe me I mean it. I loved it.
I was reading some reviews, while 90% of reviews were positive, the remaining 10% reviews were truly conspiring against this movie. And would you believe when I say that many teenage girls have actually questioned Bansali's lack of use of Colors, Dancing and Singing. Well, they are teenagers and what can you expect from teenage girls other than singing-dancing romantic moods which they expect to be reality.
Reality, my friends, is quite different from the nutty gritty rom-coms like Dilwale Dulhaniya Lejanyenge, where a hero(no pun intended) comes flying, singing, dancing and just takes away the girl with him. This is not what reality is like. Reality is painful and we better open up our eyes and face it.
This movie is all about Reality, how a Guy faces all odds and decides to die with dignity. This is what is Guzarish. This is what Bansali has created--A Grayish World full of colors of human emotions and magic. Hats Off. Nuff said.
23 of 28 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?