IMDb > Nak (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Nak More at IMDbPro »

The world should watch this. It has unique visuals that looks like in game animations and plenty of precious characters based on folklore!

Author: Rosalyn Lim 林惠美 (hayashimegumi) from http://rosalynmuses.blogspot.com
12 October 2014

There are not many Thai animated films but seriously, the world should watch this. Nak (2008) is one of the nicest supernatural fantasy films intended for children or family. With unique visuals that looks like in game animations and plenty of precious characters based on folklore, it is truly an amazing animated feature originated from the amazing Thailand.

From the start, the sense of tranquility can be felt but when the settings changed, it felt like as if we are instantaneously sent to the fast-paced life of Bangkok, the bustling capital city of Thailand. Everything seems to be made alive out of original pictures that are beautiful, which is truly impressive.

Although the impression of the film is that it is intended for children, it is still great for adults as well. Nak (2008) is in fact quite entertaining with plenty of witty jokes, lyrics and parodies in addition to the menageries of ghosts from different parts of the world!

If you love folklore like me or if you specially like ghosts stories, you'll be pleasantly surprised and so much delighted to see the animated feature film's version of the characters based on folklore as they are super cool! For me, my favorite ones are Sadako (Onryō from The Ring), Nang Takian, Nang Tani, Shrines Ghosts (I don't know the name but they look so adorable) and of course, Mae Nak!

PS. Nak (2008) is one of my favorite now and it made me want to explore Thai culture even more!