IMDb > Snow Prince (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Snow Prince More at IMDbPro »Sunô purinsu: Kinjirareta koi no merodi (original title)

Amazingly Beautiful ...

Author: ashishisin from India
22 February 2011

I don't have words to express the magic this movie has did on me. Just saw this movie and I'm speechless about it. Many Japanese movies are like this...they left you amazed,happy or heart full of tears. This movie is also of same category but somehow different cause it includes all of it. This movie have everything,every emotion to capture heart of the viewer. This is A really beautiful story with amazing kind and tender touch of love and innocence. The relation between a poor boy and a rich girl in mid 1930's, relation between a grandpa and his grand child, relation between a boy and a clown of the circus is just amazing. This movie is more centered upon the poor boy who is living with his grand father. The actors in this movie are just amazing. It felt so real to me when i saw this movie, especially the child actors were amazing. I recommend it to everybody.

the melody of the pure first love. The warmth of the heart revives in this beautiful story.

Author: Bollywood_Laxitive (bollywoodlaxitive@yahoo.com) from Bucharest
27 July 2012

10-year-old Sota lives with his grandfather and a dog named Chibi in a small snowy village. They live in such a poverty that Sota cannot even afford to go to school, but however hard the situation is, Sota never holds a bad feeling against anyone around and keeps his dream alive to become a painter. He has been friends with Sayo, a girl brought up in a wealthy family, ever since they were little despite the difference of their family position, which Sayo's father has uneasy feelings against. In spite of the difficulties he faces, Sota manages to complete a piece of painting which he wishes to give Sayo. He and Chibi goes down a snowy night path to Sayo's house to find that her father's storage is on fire... What waits for Sota and Chibi gently reminds that genuine happiness always exists in your heart.