"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" All In (2009)

« Prev | 206 of 335 Episodes | Next »

Old Chips are just old Chips

Author: mspeed44 from Florida
25 May 2009

The potential for this episode was great, but every minute following the first five was just depressing. Old chips have no value unless you collect them for some reason. The state of Nevada has no interest in paying out old chips, so there's the ultimate answer to what should not have been a question. This could have been played a dozen ways and been better. By the end--I didn't care. Actually, I was sort of encouraging the bad guy! Maybe this is the end of Ray Langston--could we hope for his departure? I'm willing to send the producers $1 just to get him off screen!!! The best moment was hearing Nancy Sinatra sing! We did get more than 30 seconds of Greg (for the first time this season), did Greg follow Grissom to Costa Rica? And what was up with the 5 seconds of Nick--off to a bug convention! Then it became, AGAIN, the Ray Langston Hour, of how this new, level 1 CSI gets to answer all the questions, knows the answers before the question is even asked, and everyone else disappears. What has this great television series become? Fishburne had great potential, but for me, that's been lost by overkill on screen, and his known-it-all character. Please bring back the original characters--I'd settle for Nick, Greg, Catherine and Brass! Just let Ray and Riley (who appears with as much charisma as a wall!!) disappear over the summer!!

Why wasn't Schindler charged for shooting Curtis?

Author: rich (Floreat Salopia) from United Kingdom
25 June 2009

Schindler definitely shot Curtis in the leg - his fingerprint was on the gun, which he admitted carrying, and the .22 bullet was pulled out of the seat back which was soaked in Curtis's blood.

How could he have not been charged with that? You could say that he was in fear of his life having been taken out into the desert at night by armed men, but that is an argument for a defence lawyer to make, not the CSIs.

In a procedural series like this one, the details matter, and a serious offence for which no charge is made is hardly a minor detail.

I have to agree with the other comment too, that though Fishburne has charisma the show shouldn't be all about him. I guess the reason for relying on him so much could be that after all these years the original actors want time for other projects, but if that is so then I think they need to bring in at least one other charismatic new character.