IMDb > "Life After People" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Life After People"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Life After People" More at IMDbPro »

Life After People - The Apocalypse of a World without Humans

Author: MortenKristofferVebjornsen from Norway
13 September 2011

Well, let us dive into a world without human. Population zero. As the series say; It's kinda spooky to imagine, the human footprint, that we leave behind us when suddenly, without reason, every person on the world vanish, even without explanation. Based on the series, I will say, that we leave behind very little elements of our existence and past lives. We build up a society from the ground, now Nature is taking back it's pride. This is the premise of the show, and I find it very entertaining to indulge my brain into the core of this series. Let it flow through your mind-- and make up a decision that suit you.

The way the series have been executed, to showcase a certain theme nor category of the world, under decay. What is essential to understand, is that this is only the imagination of the creators and the experts the show have featured. It is scientifically proved that some of this will happen, but how can we now that for sure? The show moves past years, and show how Nature conquers back the world it once created. How the scenarios are, and the effect this program have, to me; Is making my mind think, and I like that. Humans suffer from the fear of being forgotten, but will that really matter when everything ends of our time? The style of a usual episode is like this: First you take year one after people, showing what happens. Then it does that to the year Nature have conquered us back, and starting a new evolution. It is important to open your mind, when you view these shows, and let it inspire instead of creating fear. Think about for a second, enjoy life as it is now! That is my decision, how's yours?

The End.

More Like A Show On What Happens When Maintenance Does Not Happen

Author: tsbrownie from United States
29 June 2013

The show certainly makes one think about how impermanent our impressions on the planet really are. The show is "applied archeology" or maybe archeology meets maintenance engineering. Overall the shows are worth watching because they are interesting and show many things in building, bridges, tunnels, factories, etc. that most of us will never see. Support for the scenarios they portray comes from interviews with experts; experts from engineering, from authors on "day after" books and from civil and maintenance engineers. However they don't give alternative views on what might happen, so that makes it a little less than scientific. On the down side, the shows are repetitive, often repeating the same clips within one show and across many shows. They dampen any surprises with repetition and with "pre-announcing" what's coming. Also there's little consideration of civilization in South America and Asia. And outside of a few examples (ex: pyramids) they tend to give little air time to existing, long term artifacts of mankind.

the series?

Author: Seanh76 from United States
7 July 2009

I am not sure that the series doesn't just use snippets of the original show, I have seen some episodes where I think I saw the same thing on the show. It is entertaining, and shouldn't be taken too seriously. I have a problem, as many have already argued, that the scenario for the absence of humans is not given any thought. Therein lies the problem with the show and series, you can't really speculate on what happens the hour, week, month after people if you don't explain what happened to neutralize humans around the world at the same time. If we do become extinct, it would more likely be phased out. Anything drastic enough to destroy us all would certainly destroy other forms of life too. Anyway, sometimes when channel surfing, this is about the best thing on, and worth a watch or two.