IMDb > "Warehouse 13" Resonance (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Warehouse 13: Resonance (#1.2)"

"Warehouse 13" Resonance (2009)

« Prev | 2 of 64 Episodes | Next »

A Promising Beginning And A Smash Follow-up

Author: Richard Green (Patriotlad@aol.com) from New Haven County, Connecticut
18 July 2009

As a long standing fan of science fiction films and television shows, there is nothing about "Warehouse 13," so far, to give me pause or make me hesitant in rating it so highly. The pilot episode flowed very well and the hour-length "Resonance" episode was also very satisfactory.

Anyone who has ever worked with brilliant scientists knows that they can sometimes be the most peculiar of people, personality-wise, as they seemingly always have "something else on their minds". The clever way that Artie is presented as being both kind of mellowed by his long tenure at "the Warehouse," and yet still given to bouts of frenzied activity, is another endearing point in this show's favor.

The Myka character is just stuffy enough and just overly rational enough to be very plausible, if rather unlikable. The Pete Fellow was almost instantly recognizable, too, in my humble opinion. He seems to fit the profile of the maverick talent who constantly chafes under the rules and rulership of bureaucrats. He's too brilliant to be 'let go,' and too daring to ever be contained and constrained by "desk duties."

The addition of "the Belski" woman, the female FBI agent, looks like it will prove to be an exciting and maybe unpredictable element in this fine series. As a final plus, there are probably hundreds of thousands of Americans who feel strongly, and believe strongly, that the last one hundred years have indeed seen a lot of amazing technologies developed and some of them suppressed for decades, if not much of the century.

Let us not forget that Hedy Lamarr -- born Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler in the old Austro-Hungarian empire -- was the co-holder of a patent for an early form of spread spectrum communications technology, a key to modern wireless communication, but originally designed to direct the firing and guiding of torpedoes. This patent was granted and then put into a top secret category, which meant that she kept the rights to it intact, for more than forty years. Our modern cellular telephones use an advanced design based upon that patent ( and other developments ).

So, does the government acquire technologies and marvelous inventions and then sequester them for years, decades, even longer ?? Yes and yes.

To my way of thinking "Warehouse 13" is more about revelations of truth that need to be carried forward now, than about mere fanciful gizmos.

But the cool gizmos are a wonderful part of this excellent new series, and one suspects that there's so much rich material to be sourced, there, that this series could and hopefully will stay fresh and very exciting for however long it runs. Count me as being optimistic.

Good episode, Stupid ending

Author: rwk2
7 August 2010

I like this series: great writing, good acting, excellent production. But this particular episode... eh. Good up until the end. Two major flaws spoiled it. First, "It was never about the money." Well, it should have been. The family took the long way around getting their father's music back. They possess a magic record that taps into each person's soul of happiness, leaving them blissfully ignorant of goings-on all around them, hence they're able to liberate cash from banks. But, couldn't they just do the same thing, THEFT that is, by playing the record to the guy holding the father's music in hock? Seriously, why go through the hassle and danger of robbing banks just to get to the cash to buy it all back instead of just taking the easy (and much, much safer) road from the beginning?

Second, our lovable agents aren't that concerned with this flagrant breaking of the law. And they're Secret Service agents no less, a division of the Treasury Department. The last 5 minutes just left me with a profound sense of, "No Freakin' Way. Totally Unbelievable." It would have been better if it HAD been all about the money and the writers had either dropped the family tie-in or gone for a different angle.

Chi-Town antics

Author: ctomvelu1 from United States
15 July 2009

Our intrepid agents are sent to Chicago to investigate a series of odd bank robberies. While there, they cross paths with an FBI agent who has Pete's heart aflutter and Myka stewing. Seems the bank robbers are using a device that creates a sound resonance so severe, it sort of hypnotizes all who hear it and leaves them in a state of euphoria for minutes after. It's up to Myka and Pete to figure out where the robbers will strike next and retrieve whatever bizarre object they are employing. Very enjoyable outing, and the object is a hoot, but you'll have to watch and see for yourself. By the way, the FBI agent is hot. Very hot.

Entertaining but the ending is a bit lame

Author: Paularoc from United States
23 October 2012

There are a series of bank robberies and later the many witnesses remember nothing about the events - seems they were mesmerized by a tune played and amplified by speakers attached to one of the robbers coats. Pete and Myka trace the origin of the music to a musician who has pretty much shut down after his music rights were essentially stolen from him. There is a nice bit of tension provided by the character of FBI agent Bonnie Belski and Saul Rubinek as Arte provides the welcome frenetic edginess to the episode. At the end, the Secret Service agents seem extraordinarily lackadaisical about people who rob banks even though the robbers' motives were "honorable." Still entertaining, though.

I know this is science fiction but...

Author: bmesser from United Kingdom
31 March 2012

I know this is science fiction but this is a ridiculous story line - honestly an old record player and amplifier built into a big coat - the guy flashes it open and everybody is instantly in ecstasy as the sound vibrations resonate within the marble walls - come on! There doesn't seem to be a shortage of money for this series or wacky ideas but they have to be slightly credible and this one isn't. The pilot to the series wasn't quite as bad as this - perhaps I just have to get my head around the fact that this is going to be quite lightweight and comedic than I first imagined.

I am now having serious doubts about each of the DVD collections I've bought recently and this is one of them.