The Wolverine (2013)
Errors in geography
Incorrectly regarded as goofs
- ...the planes are coming in low enough to be clearly seen
- ...it is sunny weather with few clouds
- ...there is a panic, as if onlookers know what is about to happen
- ...the bomb carries an audible whistle, and falls only for a few seconds
- ...the explosion focal point is at ground level
- ...the initial heat/light flash is rather harmless
- ...the detonation is shown as a black smoke-ball
- ...the sound is heard immediately on detonation
- ...the shock-wave carries fire with it
...where as in reality: it was a cloudy day; the destruction of Hiroshima was not widely known, so there was no panic; the small number of planes was dismissed as a reconnaissance flight; they came in at high altitude, above 30 000 feet / 9000 meters; the bomb did not carry a whistle, and fell for nearly a minute; the explosion happened at 500 meters altitude; the initial flash would have instantly scorched and blinded Yashida severely; the explosion was silent until several seconds later at that distance; the initial fireball was larger, and was not black smoke; the sound from it took several seconds to reach that distance; the shock-wave would have come sooner to the camp; the shock-wave did not carry fire with it, certainly not to the point of creating a raging but short-lived fire storm.
However(!) all of that is a dream, within a dream, in a universe slightly different from ours.
However, it's not clear that the rest room which Wolverine uses to clean his wounds was in the same compartment of their seats. He could have gone forward an undetermined number of compartments in the train before finding one that was not been used. He runs into the yakuzas just going out of the rest room.