IMDb > Predators (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Predators More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 62:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Great mix of old and new.

Author: formicidae from canada
18 July 2010

I'm surprised at the polarized opinions of Predators here on IMDb. From fans of the original movie (like me), I would have expected a degree of respect for this latest iteration; it seems to honor its predecessors while still offering new twists and depth. Without presenting spoilers, I would simply say that there were developments in Predators that present some exciting opportunities for future films. I also always appreciated Predator for its "gravitas", and Predators continues that somber and grim tradition with arguably better acting.

For new viewers, I don't see what more could have been expected. It's an old concept (The Most Dangerous Game, with hunted humans), but Predators does a good job with it. The acting is great, the lines are not successive groan-worthy quips, the cinematography is delicious, and the soundtrack is fantastic (segments of the original with new score!). Again, the overall plot isn't new, but at least it's not stupid. The characters behave in a realistic manner, and I wasn't plagued by the "why-didn't-they-just-do_____?" question for the entire movie.

Frankly, if you read a review from someone with a rating lower than five, they're just not being fair. Predators AT LEAST deserved to be watched and appreciated for what it offers.

A Nutshell Review: Predators

Author: DICK STEEL from Singapore
5 July 2010

Just to clear the air, this film is not a reboot or a remake of Predator and its associated follow ups. Rather, it is an able complement to the established mythos, adding its own two cents worth to an expanding franchise, even though it chose to ignore the crossover hybrids with the Versus Aliens films, and connects itself directly to the first Predator film by John McTiernan starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Produced by Roger Rodriguez and directed by Nimrod Antal who did films like Kontroll, Vacancy and Armoured, Predators clearly met its objectives it set out to achieve without flashy fanfare, with Antal providing assured direction in the many set action pieces that don't rely on the hair-tearing quick MTV-styled cuts so just to let you know everything's kinetic and hyper. Some scenes will also get your eyebrows raised at how gory and violent this installment can get, with in-your-face dismemberment, and even one which shows how cruelly wicked the Predator can be with a move that closely resembles a "finish him" from Mortal Kombat.

The story is kept simple with one primary plot, and that is to witness how a band of para- military personnel get to outwit and outlast the Predators as they learn that they're prey and game for the alien beings, which are armed to the teeth in advanced weaponry, armour and various sensors like infra-red, with electromagnetic pulses ready to discharge and wreck havoc on human rifles. It's not a fair fight, especially when it comes to the famed cloaking camouflage that gives the Predators an advantage.

But hey, who says hunting sport has to be fair anyway? In fact, this film only serves to cement the franchise plot point of having as many characters as possible to add to body count, and we're almost unlikely to hope for anyone to emerge unscathed when faced with such odds. But well, Schwarzenegger's character did it in the first film through a simple battle strategy, so perhaps this group of rag-tags have some of the same luck as well. Given the Predator's penchant to play with their game, don't expect instant blood and gore as a few teasers have to be in place, before the first death occurs (well, death to an unidentifiable actor, is no count)

Leading the team is Adrien Brody's reluctant soldier of fortune, who decides early on that while he's a member of the human tribe, he's not going to forge any emotional bonds with anyone, being quite dogged and determined to leave the gaming planet alive. This of course irks Isabelle (Alice Braga) the female soldier from Israel who holds a few secrets of her own, and others from the likes of Chechnyan soldier Nicolai (Oleg Taktarov) to the odd one out in Doctor Edwin (Topher Grace), given the rest have tasted real life action in the killing fields, now brought through alien abduction to a planet whose atmosphere is almost identical to Earth, for a game of survival skills.

The story also allows time to dwell on moral dilemma and ethical issues that fighters face in combat, with the strategies employed by the Predators seem to have come out of familiar theatres of war and rules of engagement, where traps are set not to kill but to maim, and fellow survivors forced to make hard decisions as to saving their new found compatriots, or whether it's all man for himself. While offering no surprise twists, with the A-list cast here you can bet that they are all roles which offer a slight challenge, and to see how what we have assumed is the rabbit of the group, able to flip the other way round gradually to reveal some violent, inner ambition.

One of the selling points here is of course watching Adrien Brody play the brooding action hero complete with bulging biceps and washboard stomach. The lack of young, emerging alpha-males in the action genre has somehow led to dramatic actors such as Jake Gyllenhaal and now Brody to hit the gym to buff up for films that require the baring of torso, to make the characters they play more believable, since they are soldiers of sorts hell bent on saving the day. Laurence Fishburne did what he could with his limited appearance in becoming the oracle that is to educate everyone on what conditions are like on the unnamed planet.

But one thing that will be missed, is those frequent POVs as seen through the Predator's eyes and hi-tech helmet. The filmmakers seem to want to steer clear of this since it doesn't offer anything new, but I always thought it was cool to adopt the Predator's first perspective. That aside, Predators delivered when it mattered, even though the story seemed like a shade of the original, and the aliens aren't really using the entire plethora of weapons available to them. One can continuously make the Predator films since this one opened doors, and it'll be interesting to see how others apply their take on the mythos now.

A step in the right direction for Predator movies at last.

Author: Smacki from United Kingdom
9 December 2010

Before I took a chance on this film there was really only one question I wanted answered...

'Is this film going to be another steaming pile of disappointment like the AVP films?'

And the answer, happily, is 'No', though after having to sift through all the unhelpful and uninformative 1 rater reviews here, I never would have guessed. I almost gave this film a miss, but I'm glad I didn't. It was actually quite good, and I'll tell you why (no spoilers I promise).

I think it is important to go into this film with the right expectations. This film returns to the original Predator format, and borrows heavily from the first 1987 Predator film. There are scenes and characters (and even weapons) which are so reminiscent of the first film that they would not be out of place in a remake. I like to view this as very deliberate homage to the original rather than shameless plagiarism, and I enjoyed the film more and feel much happier because of it. Of course this is not a remake. It is a sequel with some major differences from the 1987 film, and enough originality to make it interesting and unique in its own right.

The story is not overly ambitious, they play it straight and the focus is given more to building tension, which it manages to do very well. Because it is a Predator film you kind of know what is going to happen, but it still manages to be suspenseful from the start, and there are quite a few surprises and twists along the way to keep you guessing. The unnerving way the truth of their situation unfolds for the characters is quite enthralling, and reminded me strongly of shows like 'The Outer Limits'.

The characters are interesting and all of them are well portrayed. Some are a little cliché, but the main character played by Adrien Brody is actually more human and teeters on the edge of being a full blown anti- hero.

My only major gripe with this film is that there is little character development. The characters are (as I said) interesting, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time to explore them very deeply. The most you really get is a shallow glimpse of who they might be, which left question marks over some of their motivations. This does make the film slightly forgettable, as you never really end up feeling or caring too much for them, and sometime it feels like they do things just to drive the plot/action forward, rather than because it is something their character might do.

Overall I would give the film a 7 out of 10, it was above average for and action flick and screamed quality, despite a retentively low budget, and I definitely wouldn't mind going to see it again. An entertaining action thriller at worst, and a nice edition to the Predator franchise.

Not quite the original, but still good.

Author: cilersrealm from Australia
24 July 2010

In a season of remakes, re-imagining's and sequels, Predators certainly lives up to what's expected of it. It's a re-imagining of the classic 80's action movie which had Arnie take the reigns as the leader of a super band of commando's being hunted by an extra terrestrial in the middle of the (jungle), and ended up spawning quite a franchise, consisting of a sequel, and 2 movie mash ups, the Alien vs. Predator films. Fans of the original and followers of the franchise can be forgiven for being weary of this remake (after all, I was), but believe me, Predators is the best in the series since the original.

Predators, as the name suggests, features more than 1, which alone makes you wonder how true to the original this will be. Well, the movie approaches this question in a strange way. First, it takes the original premise of a band of elite warriors being hunted by an unstoppable alien menace, and gives quite a unique and refreshing twist, delivering another band of elite warriors, but this time being hunted by 3 Predators, and on THEIR planet, rather than Earth. Then on top of this, Predators takes much of what made the original great; the cheesy dialogue, the big guns, the crude humour, and even some of the same great moments, and adds them in to give Predators its own unique style, while still paying a worthy homage to the classic. There are some direct references to please the original fans, but it's not spoiled by filling it with references that only the die-hard fans would understand like many other movies are. Most of the action scene's deliver and the fire fights are well done. The scenery of the planet is beautiful (though it's actually only Hawaii), and the movie generally has a good pace, despite some times where this falters. And I have to award bonus points for the movie's opening: it was a unique way of introducing us to the situation, and without giving too much away, it sucks you in, even if it is a little far-fetched.

But don't get too excited, the movie definitely has its problems. Some of the dialogue, especially of one character is just bad, and I'm still not sure whether or not it tried to do it purposely and just failed, or if the writers just scribbled down anything they could think of at the last minute. Then there's also some back-story and deeper meaning to the entire Predator universe and their scenario, which is nice, but at times it really drags on and takes the rest of the movie down with it. There's also one specific scene, which includes a homage to the original, but is ridiculous, and apart from the reference, it's almost laughable. One of the biggest things that got me though, and it may not annoy others, is the amount of Predator screeches and screams. It seemed as though every 5 minutes, another Predator was screaming for some unknown reason. Maybe he didn't hit what he was aiming for, maybe he trod on a sharp rock, or maybe his Predator wife left him and he's not taking too well, but any way I don't care what's happened, so please stop screaming at me! The casting is strange to say the least. Adrien Brody, trying to channel the essence of Schwarzenegger, and who would have been my last pick as an action hero, pulls off the role surprising well. Most of the actors perform satisfyingly, and the brief appearances by Laurence Fishburne and Danny Trejo are a nice touch. My only queries with the casting are that of Topher Grace. He spends the entire movie seeming out of place, not quite fitting in to the situation, and at no point is he even slightly convincing as the character he is meant to portray.

Predators was released with some big shoes that it knew it had to fill, and so instead of trying to outdo the original or be new and fresh, it uses what made the original great to its advantage. I must say kudos to Nimrod Antal for directing, and kudos to the make-up department, because they definitely outdid themselves with this project. Predators is a refreshing shot in the arm to a nearly dead franchise, and stands out in the ocean of movie remakes and sequels that Hollywood is churning out. For what it's designed to be, an action blockbuster popcorn flick, it definitely delivers.

Disappointment Factor: 10

Author: frenchmonkeys from United Kingdom
10 July 2010

It seems to me that anyone watching this will probably have already seen the original 1987 Predator starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, and probably most of the other movies featuring the predator race. If that's true, then you've nothing to gain by seeing this - those who suggest it's new material must have seen a different movie.

In the previews, a big deal is made about how this film is different - new super predators, multiple alien species, takes place on an alien planet, etc. Sadly, the differences are actually minimal, and this is simply a study in plagiarism.

Largely military personnel are cut down by a group of predators. Sorry, super predators. You can tell the difference because they're a few inches taller, have bigger teeth, and their shoulder mounted canons have a different special effect. Should have spotted that.

They're in a jungle. Oh, but not an earth jungle (despite one character recognising and naming the plant life from his knowledge of Earth based plants - incidentally, allegedly a doctor, not a botanist, which is a curiosity in itself).

When you add to this mix one female member of the group to match the mix in the original, the predator whispers from the first movie (not used in a similar way, the same words, which the predator copied from hearing Mac say them in the first movie, but are not spoken by humans in this one...), the same lines being delivered by the main characters as Arnie used, precise duplications of specific camera shots, similar traps as Arnie made towards the end of the first movie, and a final battle between a mud covered human and the last remaining predator, and so on, and so forth.

Yes, there are some differences. For instance, the action starts almost right away, with no chance to meet the main characters and know anything about them as happens in the first, they are just thrown into the action and left to fend for themselves, with nothing but some crap dialogue and, oh, magically, a similar assortment of weapons as Arnie's team.

I watched aghast as the characters are slaughtered one by one. Not because I cared about them, but because so much more could have been done with them before they're offed. The Russian spetsnaz guy, elite special forces, probably the toughest, best trained special forces personnel in the world, is shown to be a trigger happy moron. I know it's an American movie and they have to show US forces as the be all end all of the world's fighting men, but please, this is ridiculous. The yakuza finds an old samurai blade to wield (and uses one of his few lines as a copy of one in Predator 2 commenting that they've been doing this a while) - convenient that the only old fashioned weapon there was just what he was proficient in using, don't you think. And what does he get to do with it? Anybody else seen Seven Samurai? Yep, plagiarism again as he uses it to duel with the predator, having stayed behind to fight him - just like Billy from the first movie, amazingly enough.

I would give this movie one star for it's weak story, weak script, poor acting and unashamed duplication of other films if it wasn't for a great performance from Laurence Fishburne which was sadly far too short, and again, his character was utterly wasted. Still, his few minutes of screen time lift my vote to three stars... albeit grudgingly.

I expected more of a movie with Robert Rodriguez pulling the strings even if it was Hungarian director Nimrod Antal at the helm. I even fell into that old Hollywood hype trap and expected at least halfway decent entertainment for my money having seen the trailer - but the most promising scene in the trailer, where the protagonist is lit up by multiple red dot sights from shoulder canons doesn't actually appear in the film at all.

If you want more predator action in your life, go rent the original again - it may be dated and a bit cheesy in places, but it's a far better way to spend your money, even if you have already seen it many times over.

Not a radical departure from expectations but a solid sci-fi actioner

Author: movedout
6 July 2010

It is important to note that despite it's perspicuous title, Nimrod Antal's "Predators" is no reboot of its establishing material. It's a honest-to-goodness sequel to the first two Predators films; a long awaited one at that after a couple of detours into the realm of crossovers into the "Alien" universe. It does however represent a stylistic update and intriguing expansion of the franchise's filmic mythology that also spans Dark Horse Comics' graphic novels and its video games.

However, if there ever were to be a more convincing statement of intent in relaunching this franchise, it would have been putting its marquee producer Robert Rodriguez to work in a film so suited to his aesthetics and stylistic idiosyncrasies. But Rodriquez's pick to helm this film almost proves to be reason enough to watch this given that Nimrod Antal is one of the most exciting directors around these days. Antal's direction has always coincided with his a strong sense of atmosphere and character development. With his fascinating debut, "Kontroll" and his cleverly constructed meta-slasher, "Vacancy" as well as with last year's taut action spectacle "Armored", Antal has shown himself to be an effective genre director in that he's both comfortable in affirming a particular genre as he is deconstructing it. And in "Predators", he infuses it with not just a showcase of tried and tested sci-fi ideals but also a discernible impression of a robust horror film.

Antal keeps things moving along at an exhilarating pace by introducing a rag-tag team of mercenaries and criminals getting air-dropped into a highly tropical and vegetative alien planet tailored by the ruthless and single-minded Predator race as a game reserve for the insufficiently armed humans and other prey. Its mise-en-scene immediately hearkens back to the jungle warfare of the first "Predator". As the movie gods demand, the herd gets thinned as the race of alien hunters reveal themselves to be superior in both their technology and understanding of game theory. Kept alive by de facto leader, the preternaturally perspicacious Royce (Adrien Brody), the band of humans begin to formulate their plan of survival against the truly fearsome Predators and their formidable weaponry.

Brody's presence seems almost folly at first – a gruff vocal inflection worthy of Christian Bale's in "The Dark Knight" underscores a predictably rote tough guy but to his credit, a good actor always manages to sell his act despite himself. Like his character, who sees no virtue in human connection but instead adopts a ranger-like approach to survival, Brody doesn't seem to create much chemistry with his cast mates in his relatively new role as action hero. The rest of its main supporting cast are split of into archetypes – Alice Braga is Isabelle, an Israeli soldier and its burgeoning conscience, Topher Grace plays Dr. Edwin, the geeky comic relief and notably, the talented Walter Goggins of TV's "The Shield" and "Justified" is the smarmy knife-wielding death-row convict, Stans. Also, rounding of the surviving humans is the reticent Yakuza gangster, Hanzo (Louis Ozawa Changchien) and the relatively noble Chechnyan soldier, Nikolai (Oleg Taktarov).

Antal manages this character list well enough. As the chase progresses, you get a distinct feel of each human before they start to fall victim to their raison d'être. Besides a late flurry of actual and conspicuous violence, "Predators" actually fares better in its early scenes where the humans explore their predicament and the film plays the suspense card remarkably well. There's an actual interest in finding out the psyches of these mysterious humans who are hunters and monsters on Earth but scurrying mice on the Predator's turf.

If anything else, the script provides little genuine surprises in it storytelling. Given its inherent similarities, the film bares a stunning amount of resemblance to last year's terrific "Pandorum" – where a space crew wakes up with no memory onboard a vessel designed as a Noah's Ark of sorts to vicious creatures hunting them. There's a scene with Laurence Fishburne as the planet's loony veteran survivor that cribs more than just mood but actual dialogue from the superior film.

"Predators" doesn't change the game too much but as far as delivering a solid and experience to its fanbase, it releases itself from the shackles of relying on crossovers and re-establishes the Predator as one of Hollywood's most fertile sources of sci-fi villains.

what a let down

Author: bigmac79-546-372433 from United Kingdom
10 July 2010

what is wrong with most of you????????? this movie was made so poor, it promised so much but delivered very little. if you get through the first 40 Min's of the movie without falling asleep you have done well as the character building was bad bad bad, all the characters had something stolen from the original movie. if you are a big fan of the first movie you will be disappointed as they have taken everything which made predator original and copied in some way for this movie. i lost count of the amount of lines stolen from the first, characters were the same, music was the same, it had everything from Blaine's character being replaced with some other army guy with the same chain gun!!!, Billy's character replaced with a Yakuza who's end was built up the same as Billy's even the music the same. Adrian Brody had developed the Christian bale voice at times and even used Arnie's classic line from the first "do it do it now kill me" his fight with the super black predator was a joke and made the predator look so dumb. if this movie could not of got any worse they decided to put a serial killer in the mix of it all which i am sorry was just done awful as he decides to show his evil side at the point which he has just been captured by the predators (so he should be scared right, serial killer or not, looking for way out right, looking for help with his fellow prisoner right, wrong he will just decide to try and kill her in he mix of it all, so bad. Laurence Fishburne not much to say here really but what a waste of time and guess what they stole classic lines from the first movie again with him. the lack of predators was a disappointment as was the lack of hunting by them, they also seemed to forgot that the predators have some pretty good weapons but chose to use none of them in this movie (maybe 2 or 3 shoulder cannon shots but that is it, not even the classic spear was in this. i did watch this movie with 3 others who all were very very disappointed. oh and one more thing remember the trailer when Adrian Brody had about 20 predator target aims all over his body, yeah this did not happen try just ONE instead, to sum up a pile of crap.

Bad Bad Bad

Author: Rossco1986 from Glasgow, Scotland
10 July 2010

Being a massive predator fan, i was was glad to hear alan silvestri's original score back at the beginning of this movie and it made me think 'this could be one for the fans!'. How wrong i was. The good people at 20th Century Fox obviously wanted to make a fast buck using the Predator franchise and con fans with a decent looking trailer most of which didn't even appear in the movie (particularly Adrien Brody being targeted by around 10 predators at once when in reality its just one predator targeting). The script was just awful with all the stupid childish comedy moments and lines. I mean if I was dropped in a jungle after being abducted by aliens I certainly wouldn't be saying 'Your ass is awesome!' or planning on a cocaine and 'bitch raping' spree. So much of Predator 1987 was copied very badly. Blaine being replaced with a Russian who carried an old painless style gun, the yakuza guy staying back armed with a samurai sword instead of a machete just like Billy and Adrien Brody SLAUGHTERING Schwarzeneggers 'DO IT! DO IT NOW! KILL ME!' when fighting that god awful looking super predator. Stan Winston would be spinning in his grave if he knew his amazing creation had been ruined like this. The human characters were just as bad as their acting. The effects were dire. The camouflage looked like a child had drawn it on screen and the fire effects were even worse. Alan Silvestri's score looked to be the only saving grace until some genius decided to kill it by putting a rock beat through it. Why??? This movie made avpR look like a crowning moment in cinema history!! I honestly cant think of one really decent scene. Any self respecting Predator fan should avoid this movie like it was AIDS. I was genuinely disgusted and angered by this movie. In conclusion: Robert Rodriguez. Keep your franchise reboot scripts to yourself from now on. You should be ashamed of yourself. 20th Century Fox. You should be even more ashamed by giving Rodriguez's script the green light. Please let the Predator franchise die with what scraps of dignity it has left.

There's somethin' out there waiting for us....n it ain't no good movie.

They can hear you. Smell you. They see you.

Author: Spikeopath from United Kingdom
15 July 2010

Predators is directed by Nimród Antal and stars Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Alice Braga, Laurence Fishburne, Oleg Taktarov & Danny Trejo. It's co-produced out of 20th Century Fox by Robert Rodriguez, John Davis & Elizabeth Avellan, with writing credits going to Michael Finch, Alex Litvak and Jim & John Thomas. It's shot on location in the Hawaiian jungle with Gyula Pados on cinematography, while John Debney reworks Alan Silvestri's score from the 1987 film Predator.

The plot sees eight former members of Earth - mercenaries, soldiers, criminals and a doctor, who are literally dropped into a jungle on an alien planet. Why or how they got there is not known, but pretty soon it is apparent they must work together for they are being hunted by an unseen enemy. Hunted, it seems, for sport.

In 1987 John McTierrnan gave the movie world Predator, a ballsy Vietnam allegory that pitted Arnold Schwarzenegger and a host of other considerably sized beefcakes against one bad ass mandible wearing alien hunter. Since then the franchise has steadily got worse (though the Danny Glover led sequel is far from a disaster), reaching a crushingly bad nadir with Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem in 2007. Enter Robert Rodriguez who in the mid 90s had done a treatment for a Predator sequel - with Schwarzenegger in mind to return. However, it didn't happen and it's only now, with the franchise at rock bottom, that his script has been reworked and funded to give us Predators, the sequel to McTiernan's 87 ball buster.

The set up is a little different but in truth the formula is exactly the same as the original movie. Macho guys and a girl in the jungle are being hunted by something very bad. Alpha male, though, is not going to take it lying down, cue deaths, explosions and much macho posturing. Here in is the main problem with Antal' s movie, it's ticking the same boxes whilst homaging for all it's worth, which is fine since it's hugely entertaining in that Saturday night popcorn way. But there's little to no braveness in the writing. Sure there's some bonuses in the form of alien pets, a predator feud arc and a bonkers midsection with the introduction of another character. Yet as the carnage unfolds, the plot doesn't go anywhere other than where we expect it to go, while there's a huge character misstep in the final third that is more laughable than being the twister it's obviously meant to be.

However, if taken purely as a piece of salted popcorn, the film delivers enough thrills and excitement to warrant the viewing because the action comes thick and fast. From the breathtaking opening as we are literally dropped into the jungle with Adrien Brody, to the inevitable face off for the finale, we have been treated to stabs, chops, thrusts, dismemberment's, beheadings and everyones personal fave - spine ripping! All this and there's barely any blood spilt, lest the green kind counts of course? While the new look predators are awesome, more meaner in tone, with new armour and devoid of the pointless characterisation that others in the franchise have tried to give them, these are unremitting killers, lets leave them like that please! And while it lacks the dark humour of McTiernan's movie, it does have a wry sense of knowing, normally with the portrayal of Royce by Brody.

Brody is just fine, it's a performance that shows that should he ever want to make the easy money available in action/adventure type movies? Then he will have no problem getting work. He's buffed up, given himself a gruffer voice and more than shows a capable hand at punching, firing and sticking the tongue firmly in cheek. The others, unsurprisingly, are walking clichés, with some obviously only there to be deathly slotted more quickly than the others. The fun here is in waiting to see who gets it first/next and etc. It has to be said, though, that Topher Grace is not only annoying, he's also very miscast, but in fairness he's not exactly helped by the writing of his character either.

Not great but hugely enjoyable popcorn fodder. A sequel would be welcome, but with Rodriguez directing and a new face on the writing panel. 7/10

A filmmakers anticipation: If an action flick isn't dumb, the audience wont understand

Author: christian_e from Austria
12 July 2010

Just have been in the cinema. I was an IMDb victim. Yeah, because of the (in sum) good reviews. Now i know it was the 'this is different, so i have to praise it in order to get praised' reflex. The difference is to use (one) quality actors.

This movie is bad. Worser than T4. There is not one believable scene and now we come to this argument: believable.

Scifi is meant to be a genre were interesting situations appear. situations, which normally wouldn't happen, like dropping on an alien planet and survive against alien hunters. As long as people react real, it could be very entertaining how they manage to survive and what you, the audience would do. There is no deus ex device in this flick, but it wouldn't make any difference:

- 8 people staying rooted on the spot shooting with their Gatlings until out of ammo on one wolf like creature with no success - a moment later one shot does it right??

- They use rotten one liners like "i am ready to die, you too?", "doesn't matter who they are or where there come from, i kill them all"

Dumb scene - dumb dialog... ...and so on alternating until the credits.

Dumb action scenes are NOT interesting, they DO NOT make tension, they are just annoying.

Antal Nimrod took the opposite way what made predator or aliens so great.

Nimrod must think very bad of his audience. He don't want us to think while and after about this movie. Adrien Brodys mission is to talk us from one scene to the next with constant conclusions about the situation which are only knowable if his character 'royce' has the script in his pocket (besides he immediately identified a plasma weapon).

Brody, a known actor of format must have denied reading the script or is quality management not meant to be used by the actors? His role is unbelievable nonstop-nonsense, paired with the batman voice.

The rest are mega-close ups, close combat scenes and jungle.

Some days ago i saw Rambo (first blood) again. Yesterday the original Predator. Action movies with interesting character and/or story are not common these days.

Action filmmakers today get caught by the coolness trap. Just to say its cool doesn't make it cool, more the opposite. A little less polemic in an example: Dutch (Schwarzenegger) and Dillon (Weathers) are Predator original characters. They are always trying to be cynical with a smirk on their face. When things go dangerously wrong, they act like everybody else, but face the situations and don't try to be cool anymore but to survive until the air is cleared. That makes them lifelike and touchable. Royce (Brody) just try to be cool, because the script says so. He doesn't make any facial expressions, nor he makes any interesting character streaks. He is just here. Like any other character in Predators.

In this movie, they (Nimrod and Rodriguez) tell you everything: who is cool, what you have to think, why the character do what they do except of doing it the logical and less dangerous way, but they owe as an explanation why they are allowed to handle millions of dollars for this outcome.

There are some other major problems, like the use of thinkable every possible clichés (fe: Russians wear blue-white striped shirts), the use of archetypes, shaky-cam, and so on... Forget this flick. It is garbage. Or don't believe me and see for yourself but be aware that you subsidize future film projects of this 'format' and nothing will change.

Page 1 of 62:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]