IMDb > "Good Luck Charlie" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Good Luck Charlie"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Good Luck Charlie" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Bringing back the 80/90's TV sit coms.. with a modern twist.

Author: gilbzzz from Australia
26 July 2010

I actually quite enjoy this TV show. It's not your typical cheesy, little kid directed show on Disney. As said before the kids are just ordinary kids, with ordinary problems. They aren't wizards, or pop stars, or actor's on a TV sketch show. It follows a family's everyday life, brought in with a "suprise" little baby, 6 month old Charlotte or Charlie for short. It shows both parents working as most families do. It's more realistic and most teens can relate to. And the audience of which it is directed towards is more of the older teenage group, like myself, 17. Instead of "Hannah Montana", "Wizards of Waverly Place", "Sonny with a Chance" or "JONAS" which has teenage problems, but more directed at the pre-teen audience who still have a huge imagination. Overall the jokes are quite funny, and there is minimum cheesy moments. All the actors, are amazing. And the youngest, Mia, they put in her situations, that a normal baby would experience. I think this show could go far. It almost relates to "Full House" without the corny moments and music. Don't judge because it is Disney, I honestly believe people would enjoy this show, whole families indeed. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the shows that are directed at a younger audience, but sometimes they do get a little corny! :)

Good Luck Charlie

Author: amazurek8563 from United States
6 February 2011

I have to say personally, this is the best comedy sitcom I've seen on TV in years. I've been a fan of Seinfeld, Cheers, etc., and haven't really found a show I really liked until GLC. This is a sitcom that TV has been missing for years. It really should be on network TV, but that's not so important these days. It has really good scripts, the characters are great, and I hope this show continues for years to come. It is not only the best show on the Disney Channel, but to me, it's the best sitcom on TV period. I'm glad Disney accepted this show, and also renewed it for a second season. This is a great family sitcom, something both kids and adults can enjoy. I do not understand anyone who wouldn't like this show.

Best Disney show in a LONG time

Author: hendrika-1 from United States
9 December 2010

Seriously this show is awesome! It IS a Disney channel show, so you have to take that under consideration. But that aside this show rocks. It's about something normal -- a real family. One that has it's own normal problems and day to day activities. No one is a wizard, has a secret double life, is famous, lives on a boat or in a hotel, has psychic powers...etc. It brings me back to the days of Even Stevens and Lizzie Mcguire! There's nothing wrong with all the other Disney shows, they are fun, but it's nice to have a break and watch something normal for a change. The writing is pretty good too, it's hilarious and I think they got the cast just right. Every one of those actors bring something different to the show. Leigh Allyn Baker is one of the best on this show too...she makes her character hilarious!! Her and Eric Allen Kramer make a believable parent set and their conversations between them and the kids on the show are completely believable as parents to kids. I was watching an episode last night where there was a conversation between Teddy and her Mom and it was just hilarious because I've practically had the same convo with my own mom. Bridget Medler is great, I'm glad they gave her this show, she does a great job. The little brother Bradley Steven Perry -- I can see him going places he does well! Also I lovee the little girl that plays Charlie - Mia Talerico, she's adorable!! I'm glad Jason Dolley is still on my TV screen and that he's on a show that is actually good! Although I do wonder why they always give him the kind of "stupid" kid roles. Although his character PJ isn't THAT stupid but he's still got those qualities that Jason always plays. I don't know i'd just like to see Jason in something a little different, it's been a while. But i'm so glad he's on this show!!

I could go on and on but overall, if you can get it in your head that is is a Disney channel produced show and you take that into consideration when you are watching, then I think you will really enjoy this show for what it is. Smart, witty, sweet, and just fun for everyone! My own mom loves this show she think's it's hilarious, and she is 47!

Good Luck Charlie: Disney's Latest Hit

Author: Lexi Olivia from United States
12 March 2011

If your looking for a new, funny TV show to watch with your family, DisneyChannel has a winner in Good Luck Charlie. My entire family enjoys this show, from my 40 yr old mom, to my 8 yr old sister, to my 17 yr old sister, to me (thirteen yrs old). The show is about the Duncan family, an average family with two sons: P.J played by Jason Dolley and Gabe played by Bradley Perry and two daughters: baby Charlotte a.k.a Charlie played by Mia Talerico and teenager Teddy played by Bridgit Mendler, and two parents Bob played by Erik Allen Kramer and Amy played Leigh Allyn Baker.It is about the whole family adjusting to life with their new arrival. They are an average-looking, relatable family. The jokes are fresh and funny, and "awwwww"ing at little Charlie never gets old.

There aren't many supporting characters except for Teddy's sassy best friend Ivy (played by Raven Goodwin) and P.J's best friend and fellow band mate Emmett(Played by Micah Williams).

Its very charming how big sister Teddy makes a video diary for her baby sister, ending each entry with "Good Luck Charlie!".

A great show, I recommend it for anyone wanting a great show for all ages.

A great family show

Author: psolli from Santa Monica, California
13 October 2010

Finally a show that isn't a pain to watch with your kids, but entertains to all ages.

The story line is futuristic, and projects something we all would like to do: give advice to everybody who isn't as experienced as us. A great watch and awesome family show.

The future looks great for a show like this, as it is different, enjoyable and combines good acting with great writing.

Cute characters combined with good laughter always makes room for a great evening of fun with the family.

I am really looking forward to more of the story, and see where the writers can take the show.

50 yr old African American male

Author: rft79 from Chicago
29 August 2011

This is really weird. I am a 50 yr old African American male that is in love with show. I like its diversity, not because of the ethnicity of its cast but because of the madness of its characters. They are all so extreme. It is refreshing to see the parents just as crazy as the kids (i.e. the episode where the mom chased the teacher around the school).To me the star is the little girl that plays Charlie. When I first started watching the show it was about a quarter into the 2nd season (in fact it was after the episode Charlie is two on Netflix). So I didn't know about the pilot episode until later. I am amazed at how well the toddler who plays Charlie reacts to her scenes. She smiles and talks on cue. Normally an actor her age is played by twins but the producers of the show took a chance with just one child. Because she is has the presence to pull it of. As she gets older I think the show will be that much better as long as parents remain crazy.

A++ Love this show finally Disney Does Wholesome!

Author: katki300 from United States
31 May 2011

We recently got cable again and had been pretty much disappointed in entertainment for kids.UNTIL. "Good Luck Charlie" even has us parents sucked into the show! We all sit and watch and there are no negative notions for kids to learn! Beautiful family show that has them all working together and being, parents, siblings and friends.

Love how the entire family video documents for baby Charlie.. Such a cute idea!

All the kids are great actors as well as the parents on the show.. fun for the whole family and highly recommend for your family too!

We need more "Good Luck Charlie" for the television viewing world.

Good Luck Charlie (FOR HOW MUCH LONGER)!

Author: heavenawaitsjh from United States
4 December 2011

I find good luck charlie to be a very cute and funny show. The show has a mom(Amy Duncan) a dad(Bob Duncan), and their four kids. There is the oldest son(PJ Duncan)who is dimwitted which makes him hilarious at times, the second child who is their daughter(Teddy Duncan)who is a bit of a goody good, the youngest son(Gabe Duncan) who I find very annoying, and of course the child who the story revolves around, their daughter the youngest of all(Charlie Duncan)who is very cute and very funny! The TV show is very entertaining, but in the movie Good Luck Charlie It's Christmas Amy Duncan reveals that she is pregnant and in my opinion if she has another child it will ruin the point of the show which is CHARLIE.Teddy makes recordings of their lives for the future Charlie to watch which brings you the name of the show, because at the end of every recording she wishes Charlie good luck. So if another baby comes into it will Teddy start recording videos for it. The show will be destroyed if another child comes into it, Good Luck Disney Channel!

Exactly what Disney Channel needed

Author: sad-eyed-angel from United States
19 October 2011

I'm hardly exaggerating if I say this is the best show to come out of Disney Channel in at least five years. This show brings us back to the good ol' days of Lizzie McGuire when your mom would sit and watch an episode with you because it was a cute show that managed to provide a lesson without shoving it down the viewer's throat. Then came the era of the suite life, hannah montana, wizards of waverly place, and the creme de la crap, shake it up. These are more shows your mom rolls her eyes when she sees you watching them and after a while you start feeling embarrassed about it too. These shows mostly were all cute when they started out but as they progressed they got stupider and stupider. It's because these shows all have a gimmick, a shtick they need to make them work and ensue crazy plot lines, usually which involves someone trying to be famous.

The buck stops with Good Luck Charlie because the closest thing they have to a gimmick is that they have a baby sister. It's like on some shows like Fresh Prince, Malcolm in the Middle, Family Matters they have a surprise baby when they run out of ideas, GLC makes an entire show out of that. And it works, for a lotta different reasons:

IT'S A FAMILY SHOW. This might not seem that important but in terms of Disney Channel over the last few years it's a big improvement. Every show has families but they rarely interact and everyone is off doing their own thing. But GLC is about a family and everyone has equal story lines and all their plots all involve each other. Next to that, every member of the family is likable and believable. The main character Teddy is a goody-goody who loves her family, her older brother is stupid but sweet, her little brother is a prankster, her mom thinks a bit much of herself and their dad is a goofball. Every member of the family you could believe is a real person.

The supporting characters have lives of their own! Again, this doesn't seem like a big deal, but Disney Channel has gotten reallllly lazy. In not one, but two of their shows when they got tired of not explaining why the best friend was always at the star's house, they had the bestie move in with the star! To do this on one show is pushing it. When you do it on two, it's pathetic. But we see Teddy's best friend Ivy's parents, she has a family and a house and we see them semi-regularly! Again, it goes back to Lizzie McGuire days when we would see Miranda and Gordo's parents occasionally enough to know they existed. We even see Teddy's boyfriend's parents. It's not the biggest of deals but when they acknowledge that the supporting characters don't go sit in storage lockers when they leave the Duncan house it says something about the show.

It doesn't take place in California. Again this is my personal preference but when they have a show that doesn't take place in California (or New York but it's not the same, New York at least has weather) but this show takes place in Colorado! That means they can have mountains and snow and other things most shows on Disney are too lazy to touch.

Bottom line, it's a great show and just what the doctor ordered on Disney Channel. It's an innocent enough family show that a family can watch it together without the parents feeling like morons and if they have older kids reminisce about Lizzie McGuire. Home run, Disney Channel! And its about time!!

Great fun for all ages!

Author: falconcr from United States
28 January 2013

This is by far the funniest show on the children's/family channels. There is something to make people of all ages laugh,...over and over. Easily funny enough to be on a major network (i.e. ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) in prime-time. Well written.

As if the show wasn't funny enough, the skits at the end (after the "Good Luck Charlie" line) are awesome.

All of the Duncan family characters/actors are funny, but Gabe (Bradley Steven Perry) and Amy (Leigh-Allyn Baker) crack me up every time.

My two big questions: 1) Why are the seasons not available on DVD? 2) Why has this not been picked up by a major network?

Hope it is renewed for more seasons!

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]