IMDb > "Miami Medical" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Miami Medical" More at IMDbPro »

Miami Medical

Author: Proverbs31234 from United States
24 July 2010

This show should have been given at least one more season, (if not many more). It was excellent in so many ways. The characters interactions were believable, funny, caring, challenging while making tough decisions. But helped the patients feel good about them, even if their was an amputation or a death. Every episode brought all of these things together with the promise of an even better one the following week. So many shows have endings that are bad, in the way that when we were growing up there was always a happy ending. This show doesn't necessarily have the traditional happy endings, but at least you have a 'feel good' ending. Also I loved how the character's were like onions, peeling back the layers and at the end were used to make a wonderful salsa.

well-written medical drama

Author: FilmLabRat
9 May 2010

Very nice medical drama - not too different from ER, with great characters and some depth. Much better than the uber-soapy, silly, superficial Gray's Anatomy.

One downside: way too much makeup on the female actors - they are too glossy & hair perfect, etc. such that it takes away from the story (I used to work in surgical settings, and this is far from realistic & really distracts from the content) - the men are much more true to life, and the women should look similarly simple Nice production, pretty good acting, great writing... the lead character is very interesting

This show had great potential. Such a shame it was cancelled

Author: mcdonovan2 from Dorset, UK
6 March 2017

I started watching this show as I a huge fan of one of the cast but I actually really enjoyed the series, I have to say I don't understand why the show was cancelled, it had a good mix of drama, humour and relatable characters and the story lines were actually very watchable. I guess if you watch a lot of medical dramas this show isn't really a stand out but it's still a very enjoyable and easy to watch series.