IMDb > "SGU Stargate Universe" Space (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"SGU Stargate Universe" Space (2010)

« Prev | 11 of 40 Episodes | Next »

Finally

Author: mihaicosmin2007 from Romania
3 April 2010

Finally, we can call this a sci-fi show.

Interesting plot, hostile aliens, space battles, and the usual drama, even if it is at a way smaller scale. This episode has them all. An authentic stargate episode.

The ship is under attack by hostile aliens, which, by the way, no longer speak English(that is a step forward I suppose), have the same, or even higher level of technology, Rush finds his way back on Destiny, and Young redeems himself for letting Rush on the planet the last episode.

However, I still found a hole in the plot, did the ancients seriously built the ship out of a material that's highly conductive? They did not anticipate the possibility of surges? They could at least paint the inner walls with something that prevents surges from striking crew members...

This show is slowly getting better, or so it would seem. If you didn't watch this episode, I suggest you do, because it's is worth all the time.

Let's hope they keep on with the good episodes.

SGU, Now with Aliens!

Author: jcruzort from Acworth, Georgia
3 February 2013

This episode has its plot holes (especially, the heavy-handed use of coincidence), but it still stands out in my mind as one of the most memorable from the first season. I agree with the previous post in that aliens shouldn't all speak English. So, the miscommunication presented here shows some progress (No one really explained why every species in SG1 spoke or understood English). In short, this is a tense and popcorn-worthy episode. I especially liked the scenes with a desperate and violent Rush. It seems he finds his inner badass in captivity and ends up beating an alien to death with a piece of tubing torn from the wall.

This show just keeps getting worse

Author: Sam Cook from United States
6 April 2010

I thought the last season was horrible because they were still shaking out all the bugs in the series. This happens a LOT with new shows. The Next Generation comes to mind. I was really hoping this would be the case for SGU because this shows has a lot of potential. After watching this season's opener, Space, however I can tell the writers must think we're idiots.

I was really looking forward to 2-3 shows where Rush worked his way back to Destiny. He had a broken ship with scanners with which to track Destiny and a working stargate that he could use to jump ahead to meet them at their next destination.

Instead I'm subjected to a deux ex machina plot where the machinery just happens to break in just the right way to put Young on the same ship as the captured Rush. Then that same ship just happens to be the one that catches up the Destiny. Then the crew just lets their commander just use the broken machinery again.

Now we have obvious hostile aliens bent on destroying or capturing Destiny yet the civilians are still working against the military - can anyone see a problem with this? Didn't these folks learn anything from Star Trek Enterprise/Voyager?