- Brains and Wheelie watch Star Trek: Amok Time (1967), noting "It's the one where Spock goes nuts." (foreshadowing Sentinel turning on the Autobots)
- Sam describes Gould's building as "the Starship Enterprise."
- when the Autobots are leaving, Bumblebee's farewell to Sam includes the words "My friend", sampled from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) ("You are... my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.").
- Sentinel Prime says "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few", a maxim of Spock.
- both Gould and Goldfinger's names are derivative of the word "gold"
- both are wealthy businessman in collaboration with an enemy power for their own gain (Goldfinger for money, Gould to stay alive)
- he owns a spy car and a spy watch (although in this case they're robots he works for)
- and he fights to keep a device operating and ends up getting killed, similar to Oddjob.