- Brains and Wheelie watch Star Trek: Amok Time (1967), noting "It's the one where Spock goes nuts." (foreshadowing Sentinel turning on the Autobots).
- Sam describes Gould's building as "the Starship Enterprise".
- When the Autobots are leaving, Bumblebee's farewell to Sam includes the words "My friend", sampled from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) ("You are... my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.").
- Sentinel Prime says "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few", a maxim of Spock.
- At the end of the film, Sentinel watches his homeworld get destroyed by his own technology, which Spock went through in Star Trek (2009).
- Gould and Goldfinger's names are derivative of the word "gold".
- Both are wealthy businessman in collaboration with an enemy power for their own gain (Goldfinger for money, Gould to stay alive).
- He owns a spy car and a spy watch (although in this case, they're robots for which he works).
- He fights to keep a device operating and ends up getting killed by electrocution, similar to Oddjob.