Tom Popper grew up having very little interaction with his father who was off exploring the world. When he grows up he spends most of time on his work and ignores his children. One day his father sends him an unusual gift: a penguin. Popper can't help but wonder why his father would send him a penguin. He tries to get rid of it, but accidentally orders five more. When his children and ex-wife show up to celebrate his son's birthday, the kids are taken with the penguins. And Popper finally gets to connect with his kids while his work suffers. Written by
17 June 2011 (USA)
See more »
Also Known As:
Los pingüinos de papá
See more »
Opening Weekend: $18,445,355
(17 June 2011)
(14 October 2011)
See more »
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 : 1
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
- The penguin named Captain (with the heart-shaped black feathers on her frontage) was called Captain Cook in the film's source book, named after the famous explorer. Captain is the head penguin.
- The penguin Lovey (with the black pockmark on the left side of his chest) is so called because he cuddles a lot.
- The penguin Bitey (with a white stripe down the middle of her head) is named such because she nips and bites.
- The penguin Stinky (with white tail feathers) is so called because of his flatulence.
- The penguin Loudy (with the jagged white patterns around her eyes) is so named as she is the noisiest of the birds.
- The penguin Nimrod was so named as he is the most accident-prone penguin of the pack.
When Janie and Billy enter Mr.Popper's "snowy" home, Janie has the keys in her right and her left hand is in her coat's pocket. A few seconds later, she throws a snowball to her dad. But, in those seconds, she didn't bowed to take some snow for snowball. See more
Hello! I have to send the penguins back.
Voice On Phone
Yes, send penguins.
No penguins were harmed in the making of this film. Jim Carrey
, on the other hand, was bitten mercilessly. But he had it coming. See more
CUES FROM THE CHAPLIN FILM Shoulder Arms
Music Composed by Charles Chaplin
Courtesy of Roy Export S.A.S. See more