IMDb > "Gossip Girl" Valley Girls (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Gossip Girl: Valley Girls (#2.24)"

"Gossip Girl" Valley Girls (2009)

« Prev | 42 of 121 Episodes | Next »

Gossip Girl 'Valley Girls' Review

Author: Elizabeth from Chicago
13 May 2009

I am sure interested in what Lily's life was, it somewhat mirrors Serena's life now. How was Brittany Snow as Lily Rhodes? Did you think she looked like Lily. The transitions between Lily Rhodes and Lily van der Woodsen were well done, as I found myself comparing both individuals and they were somewhat the same. I know they are the same person, but think about it, has Lily van der Woodsen ever really grown up? There is still a hint of Lily Rhodes in there, mixed with a bit of her mother's (Cece) cliché moments.

Like: Telling Serena 'Mother Knows Best' ...and Getting Serena arrested for punishment, most moms take away allowances, sentence their children to one month without television or a cellphone, but Lily gets Serena arrested...

Serena getting arrested was done very sloppy in 'The Wrath of Con'. I believed the show had met it's final moments and decided to just pull the final Wild Card.

Surprisingly, Valley Girls, picked up much better than I'd anticipated.

Still for some strange reason I thought I would be seeing Georgina in this installment, since they just dropped the Poppy and Gabriel theme like a hot potato! What happened to Georgina's words to Blair? Blair - "I don't think Jesus would approve of that.

" Georgina - "Well, you can tell Jesus that the b**** is back!"

Where is the b**** now!

Anyway I guess that would be picked up in 'The Goodbye Gossip Girl'.

Even though they needed to use this entire episode to promote Valley Girls, it's not right leaving us hanging in the balance there. I am sure Poppy would not hang around until prom was finished.

Another main theme in the Valley Girls theme was Prom.

Prom signified the end of senior year and it seemed to have brought an end to many things as well; Blair and Nate Lily and Rufus ...and a beginning for Serena and Dan Lily and her Mom It also looked like Nelly, Hazel, Penelope and Isabel were up to no good ...again. It only took Chuck to clean up the mess they created for Blair.

There latest scheme; giving Blair false hope of becoming Prom Queen at the same time crowning Nelly. Those girls really need to grow up! According to Nelly;

"If we do this stuff in college, people would think we're Pathological!"

-> What about Now ladies! What would people think of you when you do those things Now!

Blair got the crown non-the-less, with Chuck's help, by helping Blair be happy on the day. Chuck is always more sappy around Blair, but don't you think it's funny that even though Chuck gave Blair everything she wanted, she still ended up splitting with Nate!

This episode had so many fond moments, that I had to capture it in dialog!

Blair - "Serena's been in jail for over four hours, she's already served more time than Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan combined"

Chuck - "She's a socialite mistakenly accused of stealing a bracelet, I doubt they're working her over with the phone book"

For more quotes Visit my Blog:

Brittany Snow does look like Kelly Rutherford, except the difference in eye color. Brittany's eyes are blue and Kelly's are grayish-brownish. Although I read in an Article that your eye-color does change as you grow older...

This was my favorite episode of Gossip Girl this season. Some may disagree with me, but the acting was solid, the flashback scenes were well placed and everything just fell into place. I am actually interested in the Valley Girls prequel! Gossip Girl may not have the same spunk like Season one, and this episode might not make up for some past episodes they just passed us of with, but by the length of this review I'm sure you must already know that I liked this one. Definitely a different take on the overall series.

I just hope that they would conclude the Georgina mode quickly and I hope it would end better than her last encounter in Season one.

So, are you excited for The Goodbye Gossip Girl?

...and how much did you enjoy that performance from No Doubt! Special Credit goes to:

'No Doubt'