IMDb > Sarah's Choice (2009) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Sarah's Choice (V) More at IMDbPro »

Very good movie on the challenges and consequences of choice

Author: Tiffany Ricks from United States
4 March 2013

I thought the cast, especially Rebecca St. James did a great job in this movie. It showed the realistic challenges women in our day face because of how social views have changed in regard to women's roles in society and what is expected of them. It shows the insensitivity and disregard some in the business world have toward having a family and the fundamental purpose of womanhood. I liked that it had a message about what women could do to recover from choosing to go through with an abortion. I thought this movie was done very well. Thanks to all those involved in creating it. Thanks for sharing your talents, and taking the time to share this message. I particularly liked the song by Rebecca St. James at the very end of the movie.

Sarah's Choice

Author: orion256 from United States
16 April 2010

I thought this was a very well-made movie. It addressed many different issues about abortion and unplanned pregnancy, including the effect it can have on others. One angle that I found interesting (being a guy), was that they showed how Sarah's boyfriend had to make a choice as well. Rebecca St. James did an great job as Sarah, in fact the whole cast was excellent. I wouldn't really call it a family movie, simply because anyone under the age of maybe 12 probably wouldn't get much out of it. However, anyone looking for a good movie that clearly shows many different hard roads that lead from an unplanned pregnancy, this is definitely it.

Film Review: Sarah's Choice

Author: Ibelisse Sanchez from United States
5 March 2010

Sarah's Choice is an unapologetically yet grace-filled pro-life movie. It stars Christian recording artist Rebecca St. James as Sarah, a young woman climbing the ladder of success only to be forced to make a major decision that will affect her future. Sarah is up against relentless voices telling her to think only of herself. This movie does not shy away from presenting a realistic portrait of a young woman's dilemma. Sarah's Choice is just as much a story about a woman's decision about abortion as it is about a young man coming to terms with his role and responsibility when faced with his girlfriend's pregnancy. It is poignantly relevant to a young generation bent on a quest for self-fulfillment.

Directed by Chad Kapper, this film bears the hallmarks of Christian films rooted in a biblical message, yet it also takes a step forward for Christian film-making. Sarah's Choice keeps a steady balance of drama and comedic moments without undercutting the seriousness of the film. The camera close-ups of Sarah's emotional reactions in confronting her boyfriend and family about her pregnancy pull the viewer into the highly personal nature of the film.

Sarah's Choice is a beacon of light that courageously illuminates the biblical response to one of the most highly debated moral issues of our day. The culture of death is slowly invading the impressionable young minds of our generation. Sarah's Choice is a must-see film which can serve to rekindle the flame of commitment to preserve the sanctity of life. But as much as this film champions the right to life of the unborn, it also extends a hand of hope for healing and grace to those who have undergone an abortion.

Besides the obvious appeal to choose life over death, there is an underlying message in Sarah's Choice. We are urged to trust God with our own life. When we are open to listening to God's voice, He speaks life to us. And as carriers of God's Truth, we speak life to others.