IMDb > "Gossip Girl" The Goodbye Gossip Girl (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Gossip Girl" The Goodbye Gossip Girl (2009)

« Prev | 43 of 121 Episodes | Next »

Like the title, it is time to say Goodbye to our most loved series.

Author: Elizabeth from Chicago
23 May 2009

Okay I'm kidding, most of our series are meeting their finale stage and don't seem to be coming back. Gossip Girl is not falling into this category as it was picked up for another season.

In fact Gossip Girl did say Goodbye ...to high school.

'The Goodbye Gossip Girl' marked the end of high school and the beginning of college, for Gossip Girl as well. Which could also mean that Gossip Girl is a part of the Serena, Blair, Dan...etc year group.

As for College...

------------------

Serena is off to Brown

Dan...NYU

Vanessa...NYU

Blair... NYU

Nate...Columbia

and Chuck, well he's all going to be all independent and take over his father's business.

This episode dealt with Gossip Girl and an attempt to discover her true identity, something I felt should have been dealt with throughout this season and not in the final episode.

This episode was fairly okay, although there were some questionable cliffhangers which felt like it was just poked into the ending.

I might be in the few, but I didn't really follow the Blair-Chuck storyline, I liked them much more before they became all lovie-dovie towards each other. I have to admit though, that final scene between them was beautifully done.

I felt that Nate was a little soft by not acknowledging the fact that Vanessa slept with Chuck. Especially seeing that Chuck slept with Blair and Vanessa (both his girlfriends). I expected him to show a little emotion towards it. Everything was just dismissed there. Even him agreeing to go backpacking with her, a little acknowledgment would have been appreciated. Maybe it might be picked up next season.

I used to follow Lily and Rufus in the beginning, but now something has changed between them, ever since they got together. It was more interesting when Lily and Rufus had that distance from each other.

I still look forward for next season, I might not have been impressed with this installment much, but it was far better than last season's 'Much 'I Do' About Nothing' finale.

Lexa