IMDb > The Adjustment Bureau (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Adjustment Bureau

The Adjustment Bureau More at IMDbPro »

Page 22 of 41: [Prev][17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [Next]

Average

Author: (cutting_edge_@hotmail.co.uk) from United Kingdom
20 June 2011

Before I saw The Adjustment Bureau I was unsure what to expect from it. On the one hand, the trailer depicted what looked like an action-packed surreal thriller. On the other hand, I had seen tedious film posters claiming 'It's Bourne meets Inception!'; about as vague a description of a film as describing Finding Nemo as 'Jaws meets Toy Story'. It starts promisingly, and to its credit, the lead performances are strong and the chemistry worked. However, about halfway through the film, the plot takes off in a random unconvincing direction that builds up to an ultimately unsatisfying conclusion. Good if you like lots of footage of Matt Damon running through doors away from men in hats who don't like the rain.

Good Idea, Poorly Conceived

Author: AndrooUK from Manchester, United Kingdom
15 June 2011

This film really was a waste of my time.

The premise was interesting, but the execution was so boring. Nothing really happened in this film except some chasing, and some talking. How the hell can such a piece of garbage be rated so highly? Is it because Matt Damon is in it?

I really don't know what the point of this film was, and I just finished watching it. Something to do with magic interference in the world, or something. You're left wondering what the hell is going on.

Watch this film if you're bored and don't mind wasting 1 1/2-hours of your time on nothing much.

--- Edit: I just have to say, how the fudge did this pile of turd cost $50m to make?! Also, why is this rated so highly? I've seen some crap films in my time, but at least the scripts usually have something interesting in them somewhere.

This film is devoid of plot twists, intrigue, and a reason to keep you watching... except to see if anything happens, which it doesn't.

Nice but I've seen better

Author: vincekaz from Uganda
6 April 2011

What I liked about this movie was the ensemble of actors that provided what by any standards was a fine display of talent, Matt Damon (who never disappoints), Emily Blunt and Terence stamp were remarkable, they surprisingly held together a plot that would have been flat and dour but for their extraordinary skill.

The premise is good but the delivery poor, I liked the idea of a bureau that controls world destiny, but the dudes I saw in the movie could have been more slick more bad ass, when I finally settled down to accepting what was on the plate I realized half way through that nothing big was going to happen the story is simply about the bureau trying to keep Blunt's and Damon's characters apart.

So I settled down to enjoying the romance and chemistry while waiting for a unique twist at the end, well there was none and the anti climax was not block buster worthy.

I'd say watch the movie but don't hold your breath.

Make up your mind...

Author: nabysdad-16-363997
1 April 2011

The movie started out well but quickly falls apart. The premise is good but rapidly deteriorates to the convenient, ultimately leaving the audience feeling like it's been taken on ride in a '68 Volkswagen Bus, lots of noise, bumpy uncomfortable ride, and tries to get you there but breaks down on the road. I was so disgusted after this movie that I started to ask for my money back. They were all over the place with the plot, throwing in the ludicrous and incredible just to get you to the next scene. It's like the writer's couldn't decide whether this was a romance or a tragedy so instead they turned it into a cacophony of mouth to the side occurrences. I hated it.

Boring Movie...

Author: lpersons-2 from United States
23 March 2011

I am being kind giving this movie three stars. I found it to be boring. I wondered if they left to much on the cutting room floor? They didn't develop the characters. The script left a lot to be desired. The premise of the movie was good, but that is the only positive I can give this piece of crap. I would suggest not wasting your time or money on this.

I guess the idea of the Angels/Watchers/Fate that control what we do with our lives in interesting concept and could be developed into something wonderful, this ain't it. I found the suits and hats a little ridiculous. The doors sequences made no sense and did not help with the plot at all.

I have 2 words - brain washing ...

Author: gabalina from Varna, Bulgaria
20 March 2011

The beginning was OK /Damon and Blunt look good together/. After 30 minutes I realized there is something wrong. After 50 minutes I wanted to leave, because I felt like I will explode, but I stayed till the end, which was unbearable ... I'm sure that the story /which it wasn't even good/ was an order. "They" need so bad to convince the audience, that we have FREE will, and we HAVE TO use it, because it's possible to change your own destiny /the last thing was said exactly the same way at the pathetic end/. I couldn't believe that this is the way that "they" use to get in the heads of the people ... So people try to fight with life, you CAN change it! What a relief!!! I am offended by this cheap, shallow and stupid attempt to mess up with my head. I don't get why it has such a high score ... If you want to regret for the money, that you will pay then go and see it.

Regret picking this over battle la

Author: paintball296 from United States
13 March 2011

I was excited to watch this movie, until 30 minutes into it. I figured out the whole movie before it ended. The acting was amazing but the story was so simple I was always six steps ahead. This turned out just like Tron: Legacy; it had great ideas but didn't focus on them and had a simple story line. The idea of a bureau adjusting someone's life is amazing and yet they focused too much on Damon's character and should have delved into the bureau without going away from the story, or made a huge conspiracy of it. The passion did feel genuine, but the moments were stopped abruptly. I was highly disappointed with this movie. I would recommend people rent this movie than buy it.

Yawn!

Author: crystyl1116 from United States
12 March 2011

The potential was there. Interesting concept. I expected something a tad more serious. Good actors... terribly story. The comical aspect I did not expect. It was so boring and a complete waste of time. I blame myself. I expected way too much and foolishly misled by enticing trailers. I gave it a 4 because I enjoy Matt Damon but the movie is bad bad bad. There were enough plot holes to make swiss cheese jealous and...well, it just didn't make much sense to me. I understand what they were TRYING to do but it fell flat. I was glad when the movie ended. Won't be recommending this one to any of my friends. To hear some compare it to Inception is laughable. Please don't. It hurts my soul.

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt are perfectly cast.

Author: DarkVulcan29 (DarkVulcan29@aol.com) from United States
11 March 2011

David Norris(Matt Damon) a man running for senate, but is quickly losing votes, due to an embarrassing incident. And just when he is ready to settle on defeat, he meets Elise(Emily Blunt), a dancer he befriends, and encourages him to keep running. David is smitten by her, and another chance meeting with Elise again, starts to make David think she could be the one for him. But some mysterious figures capture David, they tell him, that they are controllers of fate, and say he can't see Elise again. But will David obey or defy them?

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt are perfectly put together, as the forbidden lovers, they are so convincing, you instantly buy it. The rest of the cast are also good, so is Terrance Stamp. A well put together suspenseful supernatural love story. It's right up there with Inception.

Pseudo Religious Disappointment

Author: talkingmammal1 from United Kingdom
9 March 2011

OK, I admit I went to see this film without reading anything about it first, but sometimes that's more fun......although not in this case. I was expecting some shadowy, high tech, time travelling, spacetime continuum policing bureau that was created in 1950's US (judging by the way they dress) that was attempting to foil or impose some dastardly plan with Matt Damon as the counterpoint to either of these. Instead it turned out to be a pseudo religious romantic tale and 'The Bureau' turned out to be angels from heaven keeping humanity on track. Oh dear. 'On track' for the films two lead protagonists means keeping them from becoming romantically involved. But guess what? Ta-daaaa. It's all just a test set by god ( the 'Chairman'). Er, that's it. The audience are supposed to be intrigued by the question of whether or not they really have free will (yaaaawn). There is some nice dialogue which is just as well as the small special effects budget was obviously blown on the angels' notepad effect which is shown gratuitously at every conceivable opportunity. Perhaps the producers son/daughter designed it. Think of this film as a large expensive firework that when ignited emits small puffs of smoke and some occasional sparks. Science fiction is not what it used to be.