IMDb > Flicka 2 (2010) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Flicka 2 (V) More at IMDbPro »

Finally a good sequel

Author: katcannon from United States
29 April 2010

So I have never really been a fan of sequels. I tend to think they get over done and have terrible story lines. But being a fan of horses and of course the first Flica I gave it a shot. It is a touching story of a stero-typical teenage girl who is forced to go live with her father in the middle of nowhere. The acting was good, when the actress who was playing Carrie had to cry it was believable and I even cried along with her. The actor playing Jake has a pretty good voice even though his lyrics were kind of lame. The actress playing Amy did a good job on playing that mean girl every movie has to have. I liked Tim in the first Flick but wasn't disappointed with Hank. Overall I would watch it again, and you should to.

great family film everyone will love!!

Author: blackhawkchallenge from United States
9 May 2010

I have to be honest, I am not a big horse person, but with this movie, you cant help fall in love with Flicka and all the people surrounding her. This is such a sweet film regarding difficult situations and getting through them with love. Even the wild, can be tamed. Plus you get to see beautiful scenery, surrounding this story.

We need more movies out like this that you can be proud to bring your children to. And not have to worry about profanity, and sexual content. Also, any violence. I applaud FLICKA 2 and all involved! What a great cast. The director did a fantastic job! A must see for all! Tell all your friends to purchase this movie!!

This is a very nice, watchable film about a girl and a horse, Flicka.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
16 September 2010

The theme is very common, a teenage girl goes to live with her estranged father, the girl does everything she can to make sure she remains miserable, while the father does everything he can to assure her that she is loved and wanted. Some type of animal needing care enters the picture, and provides the catalyst for mending relationships. The theme was central to, for example, "Fly Away Home", where the young girl went to live with her father after mom died. Rescuing wild goose eggs and raising the geese was the catalyst. I recently also saw Miley Cyrus' "Last Song" where she discovered a raccoon disturbing sea turtle eggs and she took an interest in their safety.

In this movie Tammin Sursok, 26 as a 16-year-old, is Carrie McLaughlin who is cared for by grandma in the city. But grandma is becoming senile and the authorities want to put her in a foster home, but instead goes to live in Wyoming (filmed in Canada) with her ranch-owner dad who was separated from her when she was a small girl.

Naturally she hates the ranch, the lack of internet, poor telephone reception, and no hard surfaces to practice her skateboarding. She acts like a brat, but dad (Patrick Warburton) never gives up. One day Carrie spots the beautiful, black Mustang Flicka, and the two of them take to each other right away.

The story is fairly predictable, the neighboring rancher is not a very friendly type, and his teenage riding daughter is a brat, stuck on herself, and in a pivotal scene they want Flicka destroyed. But being a family film we know that will not likely happen. There is also a cute teenage boy that makes things interesting for Carrie.

I enjoyed the movie. Sursock does well in her role, as well as Warburton. But my favorite is Clint Black as ranch hand Toby with he ever-present smile and the humorous lines he manages to deliver.

SPOILER: Dad's livestock damage the neighbor's fence once again and under the gun he has to give up Flicka which once had been a highly trained competition horse. The obnoxious daughter uses Flicka for competition, Flicka gets spooked by camera flashes, they fall, she loses, they want to have Flicka destroyed. But Carrie at night sneaks Flicka out and rides her to a remote area where the wild Mustangs hang out, to save her, and Carrie is able to visit her but not own her.

My take on this

Author: temptressdark from Australia
14 March 2011

This was good movie being that i have not seen the first one. But it was to Predictable i mean young girl moves away to a farm and hates it at first then falls in love with the farm and someone/animal.

Tammin Sursok i thought was good in the movie but she was like 26-27 while filming. She does play a teenager pretty good but she is like 12 months younger then me. I remember watching her in Home and Away when I watch it.

Patrick Warburton loved him in this didn't think he could do drama since i have mainly seen him Comedies. His acting was OK in this playing the boss man on a farm was great. (well i thought it was).

One thing i feel is that the tension between Amy and Carrie could have been more of a plot in the movie since they didn't really touch on that much. which would have made the movie a little more interesting to watch.

Again this movie was good to watch and even though it was sequel it was strong enough on its own. and i have to say since i have not seen the first one i could follow the storyline.

So for a heart warming movie to watch with your daughter on a rainy afternoon this would be a movie you could watch.