IMDb > "Skavlan" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Skavlan" More at IMDbPro »

Excellent Widefawning talk show

Author: skovstrup from fyn denmark
3 November 2013

I have seen 4 episodes October 2013. Very impressed of the hosts' ability to make very different people coming from all over the world tell their story and the speak with each other. I am usually a very momentary visitor at this kind of show because I am not interested in the hosts who are usually the main subject. Skavlan is keeping a low profile and seems to establish a surrounding that makes the guest feel confidence and then speak out without very much restraint. The guests I have encountered here are among others: Malala and her father, Bianca Jagger and "Morsan", an eightieths woman who for 17 years has taken care of Swedish and foreign prostitutes around Malmskillnadsgatan i Stockholm. Very much worth watching!!

I'm not sure what to make of this

Author: mads leonard holvik (madsholvik@hotmail.com) from Norway
18 April 2010

Fredrik Skavlan is a popular talk show host, but I have never had much patience with his concept. First of all, I think he is totally without any moral code, the worst example was an episode where one of the themes were middle aged women hunting down young men and having sex with them. He found that very interesting, of course.

Secondly, there is something tiresome in always having to listen to hip, in-the-media people discussing their lives through the often moronic questions Skavlan poses.

In his defense, he is a bit naive, so sometimes he asks insulting questions, and then in some strange way they accept it, and the conversation goes on. In a pub he might have had a beer poured over himself or something even worse.