IMDb > Started by a Mouse (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Started by a Mouse More at IMDbPro »

Reply to the comment below!!!

Author: Michael Gaddie from United States
9 December 2009

I doubt you've even scene more than some clips so you have no idea how the movie is. While I am open to criticism, I only listen to people who know the film. Yes I was working with a budget and had a tough time getting my sets to look the way i hoped, the story itself was extremely well researched. I may have went a little on the dramatic side on some parts but its a movie not a documentary. The acting by Parks is in my opinion as good as it gets for not only student films but short films. This was a student film, my first film and I am very proud of it and my actors and crew. For the most part they were all professional and talented. The dialog was meant to be a little cheesy considering its a Disney MOVIE. As for the "singing", that wasn't supposed to be well sung. Wait until you see the full thing before you open your mouth. I know you haven't seen it since you're in Australia and it's only been shown once in Hollywood.

Poorly acted, Historically inaccurate, Self indulgent, Atrocity

Author: (eblrobinson) from Australia
17 August 2009

Clifford Parks' laughably terrible acting is saved only by comparison to the unbearable acting of his co-stars. This poorly written, historically Inaccurate and bizarrely cast short will result only in furious confusion on the part of any viewer.

Writer-Director Michael Gaddie clearly rushed his opus into speedy, corner cutting production with a cast of his severely clueless friends.

The Films one near saving point is Clifford Parks' natural resemblance to Walt Disney, which perhaps could have been put to better use in a silent film avoiding his subsequent dialogue and torturous quasi singing.