IMDb > "Glenn Martin DDS" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Glenn Martin DDS" More at IMDbPro »

Good for adults and teens with a sense of humour

Author: hideme666 from Canada
31 July 2010

It's an edgy show. Check out the Amish episode -- absolutely brilliant! Why are there so many hostile reviews? The reviews mostly seem to come from viewers of a channel called NICK (is that a kids channel?).

This show has unique, high quality and appealing animation. They certainly don't skimp on the animators.

The few episodes I've seen have been quite interesting and have had good production values. The plots may be bit over the top but there aren't many animated shows out there that can capture my attention (most of them are quite bland and have been gutted to meet PG13 censor requirements).

Check it out and ignore the NICK viewers (was there maybe a concerted effort to malign the show?). It's worth your while (especially the Amish episode)! This is a show that could very easily grow to rival the Simpsons when they peaked.

A sleeper hit.

Author: Joe Bloch from United States
14 January 2010

This show is really funny, and next to 30 Rock, is one of the few TV shows I actually look forward to seeing ever week. It's such a weird fit for Nick at Nite! I think that's why a lot of regular Nick at Nite viewers post such nasty comments about the show -- it's not aimed at them. And the people who WILL like it haven't discovered it yet. Hopefully, they will. It really belongs on Fox or Comedy Central.

My kids enjoy this show, but there's also another layer of comedy which goes over their heads, and entertains adults. Lots of political humor, bashing the left and right, sly references to obscure TV episodes, and some sex jokes. Glenn just might turn out to be a closet homosexual!

This show is sick!!!!

Author: jasonisu4 from United States
18 August 2009

I watched an episode of this show on Nick and it was the most disgusting piece of garbage that I have ever seen on Nick. I can't believe that Nick would even show something like this. I don't even know where to start. The clay animation that is used for this show looks gross and it almost looks like that mess of a show Robot Chicken that Cartoon Network likes to air. Aside from that the content in this program is just awful. In an episode I saw a guy get stabbed in the eye with a knife and they showed blood spurting out of his eye. Then they show a guy get gasoline poured on him and he burns alive. Then a tiger swallows half his body while the other half is shown hanging out of the tiger's mouth. I also saw a boy stick his head in the butt of an elephant. Yes an elephant. While this goes on a crowd watches and they start to throw up. Vommit is clearly shown coming out of about 5 or 6 peoples mouthes. And while all of that was going on they even had the presence of mind to play a laugh track like something was supposed to be funny. None of it is funny, it's just sick. And it's on Nick. I would expect something like this to be shown on Adult Swim or something. The person who allowed this to be shown on Nick needs to be slapped. Nick has really gone downhill in the last couple of years but they have hit an all time low by showing this sick, pathetic excuse of a show!

What is this trash?

Author: shoetomos from United States
19 August 2009

This show is awful, crude, and downright Nasty. I can't believe that they would even air this crap, it's not entertaining all. The jokes are not funny, the look of show in general is really bad and to top it all off there is a laugh track. A freaking laugh track! I knew from trailers they ran that it would be bad but the laugh track just took it all to another level. The writing its self makes no sense. There was also a scene they showed in the trailer that let me know for sure how crude this was, the Dad was digging in some kids mouth and his whole hand went through the kids mouth including the chair he was sitting in. It's bad enough that Nick is suffering with the crap they show during the day and now this? Ugh please end this. This show is just begging to be canceled, I won't be surprised if it doesn't make it past the first season.

What was Nick thinking?!

Author: Ace_Of_Flames from United States
19 August 2009

Hey, does your idea of funny involve crude, disgusting jokes with weird animation and an annoying laugh track? Then this show is for you! Where to begin...well, first off, the animation is fairly bad. And by that I mean the entire show looks bad. Every character has this odd look to them, kinda like what you see in shows like Robot Chicken. That along with everything else is not realistic, and at the same time not exactly cartoonish. Somewhere in the middle. Nonetheless, I assure you that you're going to want to throw up because even looking at this show will make you sick because of the gross and unappealing style it has. Seriously, that image of the dogs butt is still stuck in my head, I'm scarred for life. Glenn and his family aren't exactly God's gift from above either. As far as realism in their movements and all....well, their made of clay and it's a stop motion animated cartoon. I never really cared for that kind of stuff.

ANIMATION: Sucks

Wow, with all these hideous looking people you would think the humor would be able to make up for it. Well, that's absolutely wrong because nearly every joke is repulsive. And when it's not, it's just unfunny. I mean come on, a guy preaching about living life to it's fullest then dying is slightly amusing, but not really original. A kid shoving his head up an elephants butt? Now that's just too much. Glenn Martin DDS completely misses the mark in terms of being funny. Oh, by the way, the laugh track makes me want to bang my head against the wall. So annoying. What makes it worse is that it's like it's trying to tell people when to laugh: as if the creators themselves knew that the show was going to be bad and that everyone needed to be pushed to get even a chuckle out of them.

HUMOR: Horrible

Overall, this show just blows. A few things in it might make you giggle once in a while, but never does it feel fresh or likable in any way. In fact, Glenn Martin DDS at times feels almost unwatchable. If the promos didn't turn you off to ever watching it, thirty minutes of it will make you regret ever doing it in the first place.

OVERALL: 2/10

I love this show!

Author: Ricardo Ananias from Brazil
31 January 2014

This is awesome! So good writing and really funny jokes/situation. Also, the Brazilian voices are 50 times better than the original voices! This is a show I really look forward to watching the next episode. I only had that feeling with the early The Simpson seasons.

I really like the whole travelling around the country situation. My God I love Courtney, Wendy and Connor! Jackie is pretty great too. Well, Glenn is just Glenn, LoL.

It's a shame that TBS Brazil channel only shows it in the early morning but I tape it every single day. Really hope this show gets better reviews.

Just watch it, you will have a great time laughing at the Martins.

Pure Garbage

Author: mulberrygal from United States
6 September 2009

I cannot believe the same network that shows Spongebob, Dora, reruns of Andy Griffith and Bill Cosby would show something like this garbage. It isn't funny, and it isn't appropriate at the time slot it is scheduled to be shown at. Have mercy and put this show out of his misery before it drags Kik down any lower. I watched because I believed the hype that it was going to be one hilarious, belly laugh. The only thing my belly did was turn,followed by my hand turning channels. Come on Nik, if I want to watch garbage I would head to the local dump and watch it being ground up, which is what you should do to this sorry excuse of a time slot filler. Nik you you are above this junk!

Started bad, but got better

Author: austin craig
19 September 2009

A couple of the first few episodes were disgusting and unfunny. Now that they have taking out the laugh track, it is good. It is not all potty humor and is good animation for the first season of a nick at nite show! The humor has been smarter, and the plots are better. The Korea episode was hilarious. Watch it before you judge it, or learn how to expand your sense of humor.

And it is not directed at kids. Its on prime time at nick at nite on Monday and has a TVPG rating for infrequent language, suggestive dialogue and occasionally moderate violence. It is directed at teens.

I would have given it a 4/10 when I first saw its first 3 episodes, now I would give it a 8/10

Even the canned laughter stopped laughing

Author: alister black from United States
3 December 2009

This was embarrassing. This show makes you feel embarrassed for everybody who made it. And, yet, at the same time you feel angry at them. Every joke is forced and unfunny, every line is a failed punchline, every sight-gag is explained and analyzed until it's even less funny that when it started. The on-going joke is that the dog has a large rectal opening, and for some reason everybody who sees the dog has to stare and tell people about it. Dogs have ass-holes is the point they're trying to make. And this is funny...? When first aired, every line was followed by canned laughter. Not an exaggeration. Every line, every sight-gag, every brisk movement was followed by laughter. The insight that's trying to be given is always ridiculous and every joke is so forced and predictable it's hard to watch. It's made in a style that is nauseating to watch: choppy and chock-full of unnecessary movements to remind you they can make the dollies move. The worst is the hands; every sentence is accompanied with jazz hands because they made movable fingers and they're clearly proud of it. I have watched one episode experimentally and felt sick and angry. I watched another because my friend didn't believe how bad it was. Both were unbearable, and even the commercials are enough to make you want to punch the writers and creators in the face and remind them they aren't clever, they aren't giving a satirical look at society, they are playing with child's toys and writing with childish immaturity. I will be very happy when I stop seeing any previews so I can assume the network came to their senses and canceled it. It's sad, Catherine O'Hara used to be funny.

Terrible, awful, no good show

Author: starlett2010 from Watsonville, CA, U.S.
20 August 2009

So, I caught a couple of commercials for this show and had hopes. I am a fan of Robot Chicken and other Adult Swim shows and I was excited to see that Nick at Nite was offering the same type of humor on their channel. Wow, was I wrong. Glen Martin, D.D.S is a horrid show. It literally gave me a headache. First, the story line is boring and I think can be found in a little movie called National Lampoon's Vacation. Except the "twist" here is that the father is dentist. The show tries extremely hard to copy the growing trend of gross, bizarre, sexual and otherwise adult humor and fails miserably. The jokes are so bad that a laugh track is added in to alert the audience that they should be laughing. But there's nothing funny about the crap on this show. The dentist shoves his hand down a child's mouth to retrieve his bitten off finger only to have his hand exit out of the child's anus. The show is appearance fixated on anuses because there is a running gag in which the dog's large, extruding anus is featured. Disgusting. As I said before, I am a fan of "gross" humor, but only when it is intelligently, satirically and tastefully done, which Glenn Martin, D.D.S is not. This show tries desperately to be funny, is horribly executed, and is just kind of creepy. If you're looking for a new Robot Chicken, Family Guy or South Park kind of show, forget it. Glenn Martin, D.D.S has none of the charm, wit or satire of the other shows. If you want a show that features disgusting and offensive material that caters to lewd morons without a brain in their heads, then this is the show for you. Otherwise, I'd stick to the reruns of your favorite shows.