IMDb > A Warrior's Heart (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Warrior's Heart

A Warrior's Heart More at IMDbPro »

A very un-original and predictable movie about a high school sports star. Could have been worse though. I say B-.

Author: Tony Heck from United States
27 December 2011

"It's funny what you notice the first time you see someone, confidence, a nice smile, a little connection. What you don't see, what's impossible to know at first glance is everything else. At least everything that counts." Conor Sullivan (Lutz) is the best Lacross player on his team. The only problem is he is cocky and not a team player. When his dad is transfered across the country Conor has to start all over to make the team and prove that he is a team player. This movie is not terrible, but very cheesy and extremely predictable. Much like the recent faith-based movies all the problems in this movie seemed to be solved way to easy. To me a movie without a real push back against the lead actor seems boring and too cookie cutter like. While I can't really say anything bad about this movie because I did like it, I can't really say anything really good about it either because ten minutes in I could tell how it would end. That makes a movie boring to me. Overall, not a bad movie and if you like this kind of thing you will really enjoy it. I give it a B-.

yeeeesh

Author: (nzstalion)
17 April 2012

Hmmmm. Well I love Lacrosse so that was my only reason for not turning it off after 10mins. And this is the only lax film out at the moment unfortunately.

Just very cliché and unfortunate plot. hard to tell how bad the acting is due to the terrible screenplay. This film has almost no worth. The depiction of lacrosse was way off. I don't even think that adaptive purposes for film could pass as an excuse. They're all scrubs. there is hitting/checking in lacrosse but its far more skilled and brutal than the bs in this.

I don't really know what else to say. This is basically a film designed for twilight fans with a bit of lacrosse riding on the side, and I struggle to even call it lacrosse. This movie feels like it was made by a bunch of high school kids with some fancy equipment. Its not even

really funny bad... just bad

I'll be waiting for crooked arrows, can't be worse than this.

Starts and end well, gets boring in the middle

Author: Saad Khan from Pakistan
16 April 2012

A Warrior's Heart – CATCH(Beginning)TRASH(Middle)CATCH(Ending) (C+) I personally love sports movies and I have never seen a movie about Lacrosse. A Warrior's Heart is about a hotheaded boy Conner who loses his temper when his father dies in war. The movie starts well and ends well but it gets tedious in the middle. Especially all the lectures and scenes in the woods are extremely boring.

Kellan Lutz is charming and acted pretty well compare to his few lines in every Twilight movie. Ashley Green is cute and does a decent job of a girlfriend. Chord Overstreet is fine along with rest of the Lacrosse team players.

Overall, it's a teenage pastime movie and whoever has hearts for Lacrosse can enjoy.

Pick something else (even New Moon...)

Author: skfla500 from Tampa Bay
27 April 2012

OMG. Usually I can laugh during bad movies. Or sometimes we'll make a drinking game & drink at every cliché, etc. This was so bad, we just drank. & we didn't laugh. Even the girls didn't like it. But I do have to admit that ever since Greene broke out a little- I've thought she is a Hottie. And that did go into the mix when selecting this one. So maybe we were asking for what we got. But watching this I can see why Greene got 2nd billing (Or maybe she's 3rd billing? or maybe even "Cameo plus"?)in the Twilight series. I guess youthful cuteness will only carry you so far. Don't get me wrong, she's still a Hottie but seeing her in a school girl outfit kinda makes it hard to remember she's 25 and I kinda felt bad for thinking that she's sexy. BUT anyway, in her defense-maybe she can act, you just couldn't tell in this thing. My advice-AVOID this one. If you need any help deciding, Xenon Pictures is apparently the only studio that would make this straight-to-DVD production. & Xenon films are, on the whole, best avoided.

*if your wondering why I gave it 4 stars*

2 reasons:

1. because we didn't really watch the movie after about a quarter/third of the way thru the movie. It may have gotten better but if it did, we never noticed.

2. The actors are young & the screenplay, direction & editing were pretty poor. ALL young actors do the coming of age, bittersweet movie. It's expected. So I hate to hold it totally against the two Twilight starlets just because someone made a bad choice of films...

Amazing!

Author: Smacs100 from United States
17 November 2012

Kellan Lutz was just about the best they come. He looked so good in this movie just saying. Anyways, the content of the movie is fantastic. I had such a good moral to it and really made you think about the choices you make in life. All genders and ages should like this move. Guys will like the sport side of Lacrosse and the girls...well obviously Kellan shirtless. Kellan plays a character named Connor whose dad is in the Military. You get the impression that his dad was a big time lacrosse player and Connor is following in his foot steps. The movie makes you smile, laugh, and cry. I cried when Connors dad dies when at war. The way Connor struggles with the loss really has an effect on you and you really want to reach out to him. There is a little romance between Connor and another character named Brooklyn. Brooklyn's dad is the Lacrosse coach at the school they go to, and he and his father have a past that you find out later in the movie.I would really recommend watching this movie because once you see it you will want to continue watching it.

common!!!!

Author: nishant ekka from India
9 February 2012

The movie should have come with the warning sign,or may be it was there with the starting lines "this is the story of the guy I fell for",common!!! I should have kept off when I saw the twilight cast was there and of course lacrosse you could identify the importance of the game with the crowd gathered to watch it throughout the film.Story was bad and dialog's cliché.It was an amateur attempt to create a sports flick which I believe to be intriguing by itself with all the energy available. A lot seem to be out of place the story,direction,acting and the small budget clearly showed.Overall I think the movie failed cause I wasn't interested in the game before and now I'm pretty sure I'll never try.