IMDb > "CSI: NY" The Party's Over (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"CSI: NY" The Party's Over (2009)

« Prev | 107 of 197 Episodes | Next »

Ross rises to the occasion

Author: angelfish74
16 July 2009

I thought this episode was fairly good. The homicide story was good. The B-story line about the "Blue Flu" was well told and it fit nicely in with the A-story line. I think Danny and Hawkes at odds was a nice touch. It showed those who were fighting for their rights (Danny) and those who kept at their responsibility (everyone else). However, I think one of the best aspects was the larger role of Adam Ross. Adam is usually just the comedic relief - which there is nothing wrong with, but it was nice to see another side of him. I think A.J. Buckley did a terrific job with the emotion in the interrogation scene. This episode highlighted Adam's ability to connect with a boy who has troubles with his father. Since we learn in an earlier episode and season that Adam's dad was a bully to him, I think it gave their relationship more depth. Instead of just the average "I know this must be hard", Adam had actually connection to the kind of feelings Jake Kaplan was having. Overall I think it was a good highlight of Adam's character and I think A.J. Buckley acted very well.

Some Memorable Moments In A 'Fair" Episode

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
1 February 2011

This episode was "fair," decent but not up to the normal high standards. Don't get me wrong: it still entertains. I just think, more than anything, it's a vehicle to introduce a new face we might see from time, played by veteran actor Craig T. Nelson. He plays a powerful newspaper publisher by the name of "Robert Dunbrook."

The story is about a politician being murdered, and the murderer is not one you'd normally associate with a crime of this magnitude. CSI lab tech "Adam Ross" (A.J. Buckley) has a memorable supporting role in this story, as it turns out. Instead of his normal irreverent self, he's gets really serious here.

I'm sorry to see my boy "Danny" come down with "The Blue Flu" here, the only member of the CSI team to do so. He gets a few of his partners mad at him, but only temporarily.