IMDb > Surviving Sid (2008) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Surviving Sid (V) More at IMDbPro »

What We've Come To Expect From 'Sid' - Laughs

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
6 May 2009

"Sid the Sloth," a hilarious co-star in the Ice Age animated feature films, stars in this short.....and doesn't disappoint. This is one funny sloth, and one humorous and clever cartoon. We get a "cameo" from "Scat," too, which is always a good thing. Also, the artwork is spectacular, at least on Blu-Ray. This really looks fantastic.

Sid's a camp counselor here and - you guessed it - a pretty inept one. The kids are wise-guys but Sid has a few zingers, too, giving one kid "a merit badge for whining." John Leguizamo does his normal superb job of voicing "Sid." He has a couple of his children doing voice-work in here, too, according to the ending credits.

In the end, we find out how Sid was instrumental in forming the Grand Canyon. I kid you not.

I saw this as a bonus feature on the "Horton Hears A Who" Blu-Ray DVD. If you have the DVD, don't miss this feature; you'll really laugh.

Fun filled short animation

Author: Gordon-11 from Earth
31 December 2009

This short animation is about Sid the Sloth from "Ice Age", and his merry and mischievous mishaps while camping in the wild woods with his friends.

"Surviving Sid" is a fun adventure. Due to the length of the short animation, Sid is up to something silly every 10 seconds. This means a lot of laughs are packed into a short space of time, making it ideal for young children who lacks attention span to sit through a full length movie. I am impressed by the filmmakers' limitless imagination, as they can come up with such a fun plot. I enjoyed watching "Surviving Sid".

Another forgettable Ice Age add-on

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
5 April 2016

"Surviving Sid" is a 7-minute animated short film from almost 10 years ago that was released between the second and third full feature film. As the title already states, Sid causes a lot of chaos in here and the kids have to pay for it. Until they have enough of his shenanigans, that is. Scrat has a little cameo too, but I find him even less interesting. All in all, this is one of the less interesting Ice Age short films and sadly, most of them are not exactly a great watch. At least, this one is not an exception to the general rule. And admittedly, Sid is still fun enough to keep this from being a complete disaster despite the story being very mediocre. Anyway, i do not recommend the watch. This one is nowhere near the level of the movies. Thumbs down.