Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Just as amazing as part 1

Author: MisterWhiplash from United States
20 December 2008

Basically, if you saw and loved the first Robot Chicken: Star Wars special (or, for that matter, if you saw it and hated it), you'll know what you're in for with this second part. It just continues on with more parodies of more things that will be known to casual fans and the die-hards. Sometimes, in fact, I can't seem to remember what some segments are from what special, since if you watch the two 30-minute episodes back to back it makes it feel complete. Then again, there are a few truly memorable things about this one (I believe this one had Lando Calrissian's very badly times joke: "Who has two thumbs and betrayed his friends? This guy! Oh... too soon."), or the whole bit involving that black-ball probe droid or whatever it's called. But the best thing of all is a running "plot" with the bounty hunters ad Boba Fett, leading up to a hilarious display of masculine pathetic prowess as Fett tries to show off to another guy trapped with him in the Sarlac pit. If for nothing else, for anyone on a level of Star Wars fandom, the opening with the Ewoks is worth your time scanning around on Cartoon Network (or, for that matter, if and when they release Episode 2 on DVD). It's silly, stupid, sophomoric, and clever as all hell - like the show itself, if you're in the right mood and frame of mind for the sense of parody, it's bliss.

Rearranged deals, advertising jingles, Boba Fett has regret and more great gags abound in this second Robot Chicken with added Force.

Author: tyler-and-jack from Edinburgh.
29 March 2012

It may be just as random and scattershot as the first instalment of Star Wars gaggery but this Robot Chicken extravaganza is also every bit as funny and nigh-on essential viewing if you laughed at the content of Episode I.

The voice cast is, once again, excellent with Seth Green, Ahmed Best, Rachael Leigh Cook, Breckin Meyer, Seth MacFarlane, Carrie Fisher (yes, Carrie Fisher), Donald Faison, Conan O'Brien and many more joining in with the fun.

But, as was the case last time, the real fun here is in watching out for every detail in the various sketches. For example, keep an eye on the sniggering characters in the background in the hilarious sketch showing Lando Calrissian's deal with Darth Vader getting worse and worse. And I'm almost embarrassed by how loudly I burst out laughing at the small skit featuring a potential song to help advertise Admiral Ackbar's line of food products. And let's not mention the whole "take your daughter to work day" sequence as I'll just start crying tears of laughter again.

In case you hadn't figured it out by now, I loved this one and loved the first one and am pretty sure that I already love Episode III, even though I've not even seen it yet. These little slices of comedy gold are THAT good.

Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II (2008)

Author: SnakesOnAnAfricanPlain from United Kingdom
12 December 2011

More fast paced sketches with a longer running time. I was a bit more accustomed to the humour this time, making it a bit funnier than before. Best of all is hearing the original actors pop by for a few sketches, especially Ahmed Best as JarJar and Billy Dee Williams as Lando. Getting to see Bossk do some super cool bounty hunting was a highpoint. We also see some sea dragons hoping to find more than just sand on tatooine. Vader reenacts the destruction of Alderaan using a muffin to tease Leia. You must be a Star Wars fan to get these jokes as they are even more esoteric than the Family Guy spoofs. Clever, silly, and a lot of fun.

as funny as the first parody

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
12 May 2011

this second Parody of Star Wars is just as funny as the first one.the skits are again anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and are just as random as in the firs.the follow no pattern.once again taking bits from all(or most)of the Star Wars episodes.some of them are just ass ridiculously absurd,so much so you can't help laughing.i laughed myself silly on a number of occasions.this special is also,if memory serves around the 25 minute mark,so again they jam a lot of material into the running time.even though it's short,i'd purchase it on DVD and watch it over and over again,as well as the first parody.for me,Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II is a 10/10

Excellent, not as good as the first but still bloody funny

Author: galahadfairlight from United Kingdom
29 July 2009

There's much to see in the 25minute running time. Its an amalgam of scenes from Empire Strikes Back and some bits of the new Star Wars movies, all cleverly interwoven.

Shame its only 25minutes, but I suppose its better to have 25minutes of hits than an hour of hits interspersed with a lot of misses.

Favourite parts are the stupid running AT-AT's, Darth Vader and Landos "Pray I don't alter the deal further" sketch and Dr.Ball whos pretty much Dr.McCoy from Star Trek with a serious attitude problem, there's some proper and genuine laugh out aloud moments.

Damm these things must be fun to make

Not quite as good as the first one but still really funny and creative

Author: bob the moo from United Kingdom
23 January 2009

After watching the first Star Was parody thanks to the kindness of someone lending it to me, it wasn't long after laughing myself silly that I discovered that they had made a second one a few months ago. After this it took me very little time in trying to borrow the second one, which I did. The approach is the same as in the first Star Wars special as sequences from the film are reimagined and minor characters are taken on different threads. So we have an awkward dinner at Cloud City, the adventures of black probe Dr Ball and several other examples. The show moves very quickly with some of the sketches being blink and miss it quick and, with this approach it must be said that it tends towards being hit and miss.

Fortunately it will have many more hits than misses for those fans of this style of humour and Star Wars and the quality is surprisingly high yet again. To me it was not quite as hilarious as the first special but it is hard to complain when there are still so many hits. It hurts itself by making it all look so easy as well but it is not. I had never imagined mice driving the little Death Star robots but this is in one of the sketches; I use it as an example as it is relevant, funny and creative and the special is full of such moments. The voices involved are impressive and it helps the comedy to have them involved doing their characters. It is silly and funny but viewers who like any modern comedy that lives on references will find much to enjoy here.