IMDb > Movie 43 (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Movie 43

Movie 43 More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 36: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

More than awful

Author: manfredzeltinger from Germany
27 January 2013

45 Minutes pain before I escape. All actors one year to Alcatraz. "I don't know what is wrong with the previous reviewer of this movie but apparently he/she is blind, deaf or was reading a book during this movie." YES "It is simply awful." YES "The ideas are completely absurd, uninspired and not at all funny in any way. It's a shame that all these top-name actors are so desperate for money to make such a film." YES " Bigger shame is they won't get a dime! Save your money and your valuable time and don't see this movie!" YES YES YES. Never before I finished watching a movie before it ends. I am still paralyzed. Don't waste your time watching such a trash.

It is twice the train wreck than That's My Boy.

Author: DarkVulcan29 (DarkVulcan29@aol.com) from United States
28 January 2013

I first thought that this was a fake trailer, cause that's how it looked when I first saw it. But then I realized it was an actual movie. I knew going into this that it was not gonna be great, but I should have known how far it would sink.

This film pretends to have a plot, but it's just an excuse for a bunch of talented actors to do unfunny and disgusting things. How did they get all of these talented actors to do this, where they bored, or bullied into it. I mean this one is gonna be a hard one to recover from. The only sketch I thought was funny, was the one with Emma Stone and Kieran Culkin, cause they both seem to put in effort into it, cause Emma Stone can be funny without trying. But everybody else is just wasted, I thought I would not see a movie worse than That's My Boy, but Movie 43 is it.

Just watch south park

Author: leemrnice from United Kingdom
3 July 2013

Most of the jokes in this film have been done before. The ball-chin guy gag was pointless and although it looked funny, I was as confused as Kate Winslet as nobody else ever alluded to it. You might as well just have a photograph of a guy with balls on his neck as nothing ever came of it. It was very childish toilet humour gags which have all been done in some form or other on various cartoons in the past. The central story line was rubbish and boring and a flimsy excuse to tie all these short films together. The guy at the end discovering he had been jacking off to his mother, would have probably jacked off to his mother all his life if his mother was as sexy as that. Poorly done, cheap jokes, and I personally think the big names in this film (apart from Emma Stone and Anna Faris who do every single movie they are offered) were just jumping on the Family Guy band wagon because shock toilet humour dick and fart jokes are "in" at the moment.

A wonder of tasteless filmmaking

Author: (strawlions@gmail.com) from United States
26 January 2013

This film is hardly worth of writing any review, maybe only to warn those who did not see it yet and unaware of disastrous movie-going experience that awaits them. It was hard to imagine that so many professionals can go so wrong but I guess in film making anything is possible. Primitive and juvenile humor of the film feels like it was cooked up in a high school. Every story tries hard to shock you with subjects which most of us find repulsive. This is not an artistic attempt to brake taboos but simple desire to capitalize on being controversial even if the controversy rises from the fact that the film is obnoxiously bad. Nothing new in trying to exploit shocking and vulgar subjects on screen and there are many films which would shock you more but Movie 43 is bad not because the vulgar subjects it brings up but because of its tasteless execution. Avoid it at any cost!

Sh*t

Author: d_xenox333 from Canada
26 January 2013

The process that I had to go through in order to leave a review is ridiculous but I want to save all the people who haven't yet wasted their time both paying and watching this awful movie. I WARN YOU ALL IN ADVANCE that this is by far the sh*ttiest film of life. The fact that these famous actors/actresses wasted their time creating this is ridiculous. Its pathetic on their parts and pathetic on the part of the producer who even came up with this stupidity. It may give you a chuckle, but overall, it is the worst movie of time. Such a lack of creativity ... You'll regret going to see it 20 minutes into the movie.. and it only gets worse.. For those of you reading this, I advise you to change your mind. It's honestly sh*t.

Absolute Rubbish

Author: roger-408 from Australia
10 February 2013

I will keep this short and to the point:

I wish I had read the reviews here before deciding to go catch a movie. This must be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. There was probably 2 funny lines in the whole movie.

The format of the movie is good, many stories crammed into a movie, but the stories were too ridiculous, and clearly not funny. I cannot understand why some of the better known actors took part in this movie.

I have a warped sense of humor, but I feel totally ripped off. The group I was with all felt the same way.

Do not waste your time or money seeing this one.

Just read what people say.. Save your time!

Author: feritciva from Planet Earth
4 February 2013

I can't believe how such a cast can be used in such bad ways? This is not a movie, not sketch, not funny, not meaningful and not even meaningless! This is really the worst thing I've ever seen on screen. OK, sometimes really bad movies may come our way as viewers but still I really really cannot understand why the names in this movie decided to take part in this garbage? Do they own money to the producers? Were they blackmailed? Really curious.

Please people save your times. Do not spend a minute on this. Let's all try to forget this ugliness...

P.S: Dear IMDb editors, is there a way to give "0" stars? I wouldn't want to waste my 1 star to this!

Garbage movie after first 20 Min's

Author: coolnave from United States
26 January 2013

I just stepped out of theater,

want to just forget the last 2 hours. With this kind of budget and talent available a great movie could have been done. This is garbage movie.

Find it extremely strange to see such good talent being wasted for such a waste movie. I watched this movie just after Silver Lining play book, and regretted it buying this ticket.

There is absolute no art and creativity that can be cherished as an epic movie. As viewer we want to experience, this kind of movie deteriorates quality of comedy, This genre can just turn more awful.

Movie 43 is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen

Author: benmcmullan from UK
26 January 2013

Misleading trailer. I watched it primarily to see Stephen Merchant and because I thought it had some kind of story. There was a story of sorts, but it had no real plot. The movie is basically a compilation of stupid, unfunny clips only a 12 year old could live through nevermind enjoy. Movie 43 is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

If you enjoy stupid, childish movies like Epic Movie for example, this is for you. If not, don't waste your money!

By the way, I'm 18 and enjoy comedy movies like American Pie and I absolutely hated this. If you're looking for a good comedy with a story and good characters, stay away from this.

Actually walked out!

Author: falkirkfan2001 from United Kingdom
4 February 2013

I have only walked out of 2 films in my life and this was one of them.

Me and my partner only watched about 45 minutes before I turned to her and said "I'm leaving!". This wasn't the comedy I was promised in the trailer (which looked quite funny) and did I find it funny? No, I didn't! The first sketch is about a man who has a pair of balls on his throat. Slightly humorous and watchable, although it becomes tiresome! Second sketch is about two people saying something together but one says something bizarre. Is it some hill billy misunderstanding, a play on words? Nope it's not and starts setting a trend.

The third sketch about home schooling starts off fairly funny but they take it too far. It's simply not funny at the end and the downward trend continues! The super hero dating could be brilliant but when Lois starts talking about superman's explosive man muck, it sets the tone! The only funny bit is where supergirl talks about Batman hiding under the table, ruined by pointless text about her nether regions! Ibabe sketch was pointless, could have been funny but ruined by the desperate need to show naked women bits.

The last sketch in which we walked out after was the young girl having her first period. Yes I see what they tried to do but it wasn't funny at all!! The film claimed to offend but it wasn't... Jimmy Carr is offensive! You could see the 'funny' situations in each sketch but every time it was ruined by the need for vulgarity, crassness and nudity. If you were a 12 year boy who finds poo, boobies and lower girlie parts funny then they will prob enjoy this. I am 35!