IMDb > "Make It or Break It" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Make It or Break It" More at IMDbPro »

Perfect

Author: Eveningstarz_4 from United States
20 July 2010

It's not every day I find a show, especially on ABC Family, that I find no flaws in. Not being athletic or interested in sports, it's especially surprising. And yet, I've watched every single episode right from the beginning, and I never want to see this series end. Wonderful writing, direction, casting....everything. Very good balance in every single episode. You get your feel-good family movie episode plots, and you get your teen drama, all wrapped up into one awesome show. I give this ten stars and ten million standing ovations, screaming Encore over and over again. There is much more I could say, but all I'll say for now is congratulations, cast and crew, for creating a winner of a show!

Great!

Author: ili_o_matt_mcgregor_o_il from United Kingdom
8 July 2009

Amazing! I love this show already, even after only watching three episodes. Everyone who knows me, they know I'm a HUGE fan of the beautiful Cassie Scerbo and I have been since watching her in "Bring It On: In It To Win It." I've been following her work and when I found out she was doing a t.v show, I was majorly excited!! First of all, when I read the synopsis of this show, I thought it was like a one-off programme and not a series, but after watching the first few episodes, a series is the way to go! PLEASE DO NOT STOP THIS WONDERFUL PROGRAMME ABC FAMILY!! It's a great show, with a story that is unique and wonderful with great characters! Give it a try, it's great!

This is captivating; motivating; inspiring and simply amazing, the whole package.

Author: sareyin1993 from Australia
28 June 2011

All I can say about this show is ... it is absolutely wonderful. It is jam packed with emotion and it really takes you on a journey. I am motivated and energised watching and I look forward to watching it over again!

When I began watching the pilot I thought - it'll be a one season wonder. But as I continued to watch I found myself connecting with each character - while there are characters I do not 'like' as such, the tension truly enhances the show and engages the audience. This is so captivating; motivating; inspiring and simply amazing; the whole package.

The show is more about more than just gymnastics. The success and failure of each gymnast is moving but most of all - the spirit of the team is contagious and can be applied to almost every setting. Each character has such a complex story and though it appears at first to be "predictable" I find that my predictions are often wrong or there is some twist to it. I must say that certain events made me cry whilst watching. I found myself pulling a Payson Keeler happy cry. I do think she is the most beautiful character. The strength, power, discipline and grace of her character is inspiring. I have never felt so moved by a character.

Every episode of this show is an emotional roller coaster and I absolutely love it. I hope this show goes on to create many seasons and follows the same characters through their lives. This is an amazing show and I hope it wins its own "Olympic Gold" equivalent.

Best Show on TV!

Author: jackie4529 from United States
31 August 2010

This show isn't just for young girls, or gymnasts. This show embraces such emotion of real athletes and the drama leaves me on the edge of my seat! Each finale, or even episode leaves me reeling for more. Make it or Break It is my favorite show and has brought much publicity to ABC Family because of it's success. Each of the actresses do phenomenal work on each of the episodes. The amount of emotion each of them pour into the characters is mind-boggling. I would recommend this show to ANYONE!!!!!! This show makes me wish there was more exposure to gymnasts and the sport, as this show really opens viewers eyes on the constant struggles on the lives of potential Olympic gymnasts. This show, unlike other teen based dramas, exposes real life scenarios and REAL emotion and issues. This show addresses problems such as eating disorders, the pressure of competition, loss of a loved one, divorced parents, money problems, and other issues. It shows gymnastics isn't about prettiness and dancing around. It's just as demanding as any other professional sport. PLEASE WATCH THIS SHOW!!!

Has A Lot of Potential

Author: crow-oakleaf from United States
22 July 2009

Maybe it's just because it's summer, and I'm feeling seriously deprived of network TV, but I'm kind of digging this show.

Make It or Break It is about a bunch of Olympic-level gymnasts and the drama that goes on behind the scenes on their way to Nationals. Yeah, it's on ABC family. And yeah, it's full of clichés. But it is well done and promises a lot of addictive teen soap action.

Biggest Weakness: The characters in this show are really one note: Lauren (Cassie Scerbo), the villain of the piece, is an ambitious and manipulative brat who will (and does) betray her friends to get ahead in the competition. Emily Kmetko (Chelsea Hobbs) is a plucky scholarship student who is torn between her dream and wanting a normal life. Payson (Ayla Kell) is completely focused. And Kaylie (Josie Loren) is clueless.

That said, all the lead actresses play their parts well. The performances from the cast of parents and paramours are solid also.

It's hard to get really excited about this show- nothing truly awesome or awful about it. The show is fun and has some pretty great moments (The gas station scene at the end of Episode 2 had me laughing out loud.), but it doesn't take enough chances to separate it from the rest of the tween-dramedy pack. B+

i love it!

Author: avellanana from United States
3 August 2011

I love this show!!! please give it a third season!!!!!!!! please!!! i love it!i love the teamwork and the friendships in the show. the girls are amazing actresses and the story line is so captivating. i hope ABC family gives it a chance to bring back future seasons. i really wouldn't know what to do if it got canceled! i absolutely love watching it. and all of my friends do too! it really inspires me to try out for sports that are extremely difficult like gymnastics. i like how they discuss different disorders and complications that come with being a competitive athlete. and please bring Emily back in to the worlds team! i lover her and her relationship with Damon.

Surprisingly Good

Author: gossipgrrl13 from United States
26 June 2009

i had no expectations at all for this show. when i first saw it advertised i thought it was doomed. i actually didn't think it was possible for ABC family to produce another hit like "secret life" or "greek" but i must say i was proved wrong. i was very impressed with the plot, the acting, pretty much everything. i was thrilled to see Cassie Scerbo in this, i think she is a great actress. this show kept me on the edge of my seat and i'm excited to see the episode next week. the drama was good, not cheesy at all like we've seen from ABC family in the past. i feel they could have casted a little better, get a few more well-known names, but thats my only critique. i thought this show was great and i am looking forward to the season. i give it an 9/10

love it!

Author: melthemarshmellow from United States
26 February 2012

i disliked drama until i watched "Make it or break it". the sport and the story line is inspiring and completely brilliant! the strength they portray in the sport and in their mental state is so incredible, and even when terrible things happen to them and their families they still stand strong. it has had a great impact on how i see life. i think young girls should watch it around ages 10 to maybe 18. "make it or break it" takes you to another world and completely makes you feel you are there with the sorrows and joys. the coach Neil Jackson (Sasha Bellof)is a wonderful figure in the show, his continual courage and sacrifice for the girls is outstanding. i love this show SO much! can't wait for season 3!!!! EEEKKKKK!

Has a potential!

Author: mare84hr
25 June 2009

Well, I was really looking forward to this show because I feel we need more sports on shows; the beginning, working hard, chasing a dream, getting lost in the way, finding your way back or just losing it! I think it started OK. Not bad, not great. Just OK. Good. For a pilot episode. In a future, I expect more. We see these girls, classic good guys - bad guys routine; one focusing on her work and doing her best; the other one a bit breaking the rules (no dating...or you're out) but also chasing the dream, being like a slot machine to her parents (IMHO, that was my very first thought when I saw her dad) and being in love; then there's this Olympic wannabe, mean little girl who won't stop until she gets what she wants, even if it means hurting someone in the way; the last one, a classic girl from the neighborhood, just starting, getting her chance, her big moment.

As I said it all now...Some may not like it. Of course, if you're a gymnastic athlete or huge fan, know all the routines,what is possible and is not, scoring system etc, you may find it a bit unrealistic. But for me, who always liked shows about team spirit, sporting events, sports and athletes, especially gymnastics...this was my cup of tea. It has a great potential to develop into a extraordinary story, and yes, if it goes that way, I will continue to watch. But, if the first 2 episodes go all Gossip Girl meets Beverly Hills on me, I'll just stop. I have really nothing against these 2 shows, but I'd like this one, which should always have sport as a main thing, and all the drama like the cream and cherry on the top, to be different. Show us their life in and out of gym, why should one go throw all that hard work and pain, preparing for years to go to the Nationals or Olympics, having no room for ordinary stuff, giving up so much (time, money, new towns and cities...) to either "make it or break it".

I'm really in a need for something like that, so with all my enthusiasm and "wow! gymnastics in a TV show" excitement, I'm giving it a 7. Would give it a higher score, but we don't want them to get cocky, right? LOL

I really think there should be a season 4

Author: taytayp224 from United States
26 November 2012

I really think they should make a season 4 . I got so disappointed when I found out the season ended at the spot that it did . We didn't even find out what happened to Wendy or what happens at the Olympics . I think that if they made a season 4 they should try to put Emily some place in it . I really miss her and her lover boy Damon .. I've been watching Make It or Break It on Netflix for the past few weeks and it ends at the season finale of episode 8 .. :/ If they made at least on more season that actually wraps things up and says what happens between all the girls and who wins gold I'd be satisfied . We also didn't even find out if Lauren's heart was successfully fixed !! That's the kind of stuff that us as people who love the show would like to know . This show was so so so inspiring for me to never give up on my dreams . But thats it . They just ended it like it was nothing . I really hope they make a season 4 ..