IMDb > "Family Guy" Family Gay (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Family Guy" Family Gay (2009)

« Prev | 119 of 272 Episodes | Next »

Showed more effort than recent season 7 episodes

Author: jts0405 from United States
24 June 2009

Family Guy has gone sort of downhill in this past seventh season. The episodes just aren't as sharp or hysterical as they were in the past six seasons. This episode though gives some potential that hasn't been shown in previous episodes of this season. The plot starts out with Peter buying a mentally retarded horse and entering him into a horse race. The Horse causes destruction and therefore the family must pay a large heavy amount of damage fees. The plot then begins to enroll as Peter goes to test for experiments. The Seth Rogen reference was mildly amusing and somewhat fresh and non recycled from the show. Along his experimentation Peter is tested with the gay gene and quickly becomes a full time homosexual. Some of the content was very miss and some was also very well hit. The laughs weren't amazingly great, but well executed.

The One Where Peter Becomes Gay...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
26 May 2015

I love this episode. It is absolutely hilarious. It's one of my all-time favorite episodes, and not just from Season 7, but from the whole series. It is just fantastic.

In this episode, Peter decides to participate in medical studies so he can get some extra money. He gets injected with what scientists believe to be the "gay gene". And after having the injection, Peter becomes gay. He starts dressing differently, acting differently, speaking differently and is just overall, different. Lois enjoys it at first because he actually listens to her, and he bakes. But after she realizes that he won't have sex with her because he's gay, she is determined to get a "cure".

Overall, I give this episode, a 10 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Freaking Ridonkulous.

The funniest episode since the season started

Author: MairegChernet (mchernet15@gmail.com) from United States
9 March 2009

This is what I call a family guy episode, articulate, speedy and in short a hell of funny. This episode, despite its much controversial topic, is witty at best and kept me laughing throughout. The episode was filled with fewer cut away jokes, which gave the actual plot line more time to develop and the cutaway gags that were included were irresistible. This episode differs from most other episodes of season seven for it had a biting social and pop culture satire and an original storyline. The mentally ill horse, the gay Peter and his homosexual partners were just hilarious. Keep up the good work Seth and crew, and all else involved in the making.

This was sooooo funny

Author: John P from Canada
10 March 2009

Family Gay was one of the funniest Family Guy episodes I've seen in a while. It wasn't scared to be completely tasteless and politically incorrect (dead horses, glory holes, 11-somes, references to fisting... I could go on).

And, it was nice to see Mort Goldman again, he really is not in the show enough.

Lately the show is hit-or-miss; only once in a while does it reach the heights of the first few seasons. This is one of those instances.

Really as a gay man I should have been offended, but I was laughing too hard to care. It takes a lot to shock me, and Family Gay did it. Keep up the good work, Seth & Gang!!!

Family "gay"---Stupid filth, Not comedy!

Author: imretwrk from United States
14 March 2009

This is probably the worst show on TV! The filth is NOT funny--it's just filth! How anybody can think this kind of crap is "funny" simply is an indication of the mentality of that person! Personally, I'm done with this channel completely! If their shows are this outrageous, then I'll leave them to the liberals that seem to enjoy them! Of course, I have no doubt this comment won't be added. After all, the publishers are afraid of negative comments! Of course one requirement for "publication" is 10 lines. What more, exactly, do you want me to say? That it's garbage? Garbage in Garbage out, I guess. So, we've reached 10 lines. Now it satisfies your requirements--not that it matters, because you don't really want to know what people actually think of this show, do you?