IMDb > "Glee" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Glee"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Glee" More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 18: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Mmmmm....

Author: Caro Felix
15 June 2013

Look, this show was one of the ones that I couldn't wait for every Thursday when it came out but now I start skipping the parts when they sing. I really do love it, and yet it repeats history over again. What I liked about it is that it took the high school stereotypes and put them all together in a room where they can sing and they played out sometimes like you would expect them to and sometimes they would surprise you completely. What I can tell you is that you can get so fond of them that when they get good news you can't help yourself to be happy for them. And also at times it is hilarious and naive and funny in a stupid way. That is what I love about it, it doesn't have to be serious so if you a re looking for that turn away, this show is fun, happy and makes you laugh of what they say, and that is the beauty of it.

The perfect dramedy and musical!

Author: Anurag-Shetty from India
18 August 2012

Glee follows the lives of the members of McKinley High's Glee club. The school's Spanish teacher Will Schuester(Matthew Morrison) becomes the director of the school's Glee club hoping to make the New Directions(the name of the Glee club) win Sectionals, Regionals & ultimately Nationals. However this is not going to be easy due to Sue Sylvester(Jane Lynch), who plans to destroy the Glee club. The lead vocals in the New Directions are provided by Rachel Berry(Lea Michele) & Finn Hudson(Cory Monteith). The other members of the New Directions who act as lead vocalists sometimes and are the back-up for Finn & Rachel at other times are Quinn Fabray(Dianna Agron), Noah 'Puck' Puckerman(Mark Salling), Kurt Hummel(Chris Colfer), former member of the Warblers Glee club Blaine Anderson(Darren Criss), Artie Abrams(Kevin McHale), Mercedes Jones(Amber Riley), Santana Lopez(Naya Rivera), Brittany Pierce(Heather Morris), Mike Chang(Harry Shum Jr.) Tina Cohen-Chang(Jenna Ushkowitz) & Sam Evans(Chord Overstreet). Non-Glee club characters include, Schuester's love interest Emma Pillsbury(Jayma Mays), coach Shannon Beiste(Dot Jones), principal of McKinley High: Principal Figgins(Iqbal Theba), Kurt's father Burt Hummel(Mike O'Malley) & Sue's sidekick & partner in crime Becky Jackson(Lauren Potter).

The most amazing thing about Glee is that all the actors sing for themselves on the show. All of them sing beautifully especially Monteith, Michele, Criss, Colfer, Salling, Rivera, McHale, Morrison, Riley, Agron, Morris & Overstreet. The entire cast's acting is spot on in their respective roles. The songs are mostly retro which adds to the magic of the show. All in all, Glee is a must watch for music & dramedy fans.

Best show on telly

Author: annadavidson83 from United Kingdom
4 July 2012

"Glee" is a series about the lives, loves, trials and triumphs of a bunch of teenage misfits who make up the Glee club in William McKinley High School in Ohio.

From the very first episode, Glee became my favourite show on TV right now. It's the best blend of comedy, drama and music and never fails to make me laugh and cry. Which is exactly what I look for in my TV viewing.

The characters are all "types", yet there's so much more to them than meets the eye. A bit like in John Hughes "The Breakfast Club", when you meet them, they all have labels, but what Glee is brilliant at is peeling back the layers to reveal complex and often surprising layers.

My favourite character is the legendary Cheerios coach Sue Sylvester - who is one of the best characters ever invented in the history of TV. Jane Lynch somehow makes this utterly hateful, selfish, repellent character lovable.

Glee Season 5 Episode 1 -> Glee Slaughters the Beatles

Author: Ryan Howard from Seattle
29 September 2013

I love the Beatles and initially I was quite happy that Glee decided to spend several episodes dedicated to decent music. Like most of their covers I highly recommend listening to the original artists. (At least gen xyz is not listening to bands ripping off the Pixies, The Cure, The Police or any band with actual talent and more than 1 hit.)

My rant is this.. Does every episode have to be centered around themes that really do not match 95% of most peoples "High School" experiences? It's not that the show is breaking any new ground; and if anything it's creating worse stereotype's while chasing off viewer's who are getting tired of the same secondary storyline that is always pushed to the forefront.

In my opinion the actor who plays "Kurt" has lately been given way too much time verses his talent; the show might be tolerable if he could actually sing and did not look like a Keebler cookie elf.

Another change is the massive use of over mixing and blending in the studio and subsequent very very bad lip sinking; they're not even trying, I feel like I'm watching Robot Chicken or South Park.

Now when my girlfriend wants to watch the show I make excuses like having to go dodge cars on the freeway or seeing if a hair dryer really can zap you if you drop it in the tub etc...

Ryan Murphy, Nip Tuck was brilliant! Did you fall and now you can't get up? Do you need a button around your neck that says "Help my creativity has fallen off the face of the earth and my repressed childhood issues are seeping through; kept publicly in check by huge royalties from Glee album sales via recently terrible covers!" - What happened to shows just simply being entertaining with no agenda?

Glee is Infectious

Author: jazmine-v-rodriguez from United States
8 March 2012

I started watching Glee starting in its 2nd season. Thanks to Amazon Prime I have watched Glee from the beginning. The talent on Glee is raw and fresh. Here are a bunch of kids from different cliques dealing with the pressures of high school that we've all dealt with, singing in ways that make me feel I have what it takes to start singing and make it in Hollywood. Their twist on popular songs makes it fresh and exciting. I have over 60 songs sung from the Glee Cast on my iPod; these kids are that good. If you haven't started watching Glee, jump on the bandwagon before the premiere of new Glee starting April 10! You wont be disappointed.

Terrible show.

Author: BlackJack_B
11 May 2013

Glee is easily the worst show on Network T.V. at this time. An episode of Glee nowadays is written by simply looking at the Hot 100 chart and asking the songwriters permission for the use of the song to be performed in horrid fashion by the "actors" on the show and then reading the newspaper, watching the news or paying the Internet a visit for current events.

This year alone, the lazy Glee writers have cobbled up story lines in which someone is a "catfish" (Notre Dame and current San Diego Chargers LB Manti Te'o), a sub-story on asteroids hitting Earth (the two asteroids of February 15) and a school shooting (Sandy Hook) instead of coming up with their own original material. It's clear that they can't come up with anything more than shoving reality into a program that people watch in order to get away from it.

This show has a myriad of other problems not worth getting into. It only had success because of our society of ignorance and decadence that its audience wallows in.

Glee is Fantastic

Author: b_paul84 from United Kingdom
15 June 2011

I watched glee and it is a beautiful sitcom, i found it to be invigorating, and the fact lies it is not meant for everyone because it is about beating the oddities of life, the emotional, melodramatic kiddish fighting the mockery in the right spirit, I enjoyed it and i know any one who has a ear for music will love it, so guys go for it, the freshness romance, drama the high passionate adrenalin rushing through the veins of the artist, and the fact that will blow your mind all the songs they have performed are by themselves hence hats off to them for this amazing show, as barney would say it is legend.....wait for it .....dary experience.

Enjoy

Horrible tribute to the late MJ

Author: AlliPags from United States
3 February 2012

I have to admit that I was so excited for the MJ episode and I shut the TV off so disappointed. To sum it up: to pay tribute to one of the biggest - over the top entertainers to ever perform the episode was full of sappy scenes of people standing/sitting face to face trying to belt a duet that they were not right for (Never can say goodbye, Human nature, Ben, Smooth Criminal, Black and white (bad overall production), I just can't stop loving you). MJ would be dancing around making every moment a production. "Bad" was full of horrible close up shots and some dancing. The dancing lacked from that point on. I was bummed that a guy sang Janet's part to Scream - REALLY!!?? I wanted this to be like the Britney episode. Packed with entertainment..... shame on Glee. This was a disaster. I will have to say that this just proved the point that Glee will ever be what it was for the first season. Its going down hill. Attacking so many personal issues takes away from the entertainment... back it off Glee.

Good Music...that's about it for the good part

Author: ssvfolder-1 from Israel
10 January 2010

Seriously - Just how NOT smart(at very least) these series are suppose to be? The ONLY thing that is reasonably good is a music. I'd like to begin with characters: Either a stereotypes or unattractive "original" characters (Rachel). I actually felt that I wanted to hurt all the adult characters in the series. In my opinion, the only two characters that were decent were gay kid - and a bully that was throwing him into dumpster. Plot lines .... well idiotic! PLEASE let them be a little smarter or at least funnier, because other than first two episodes I did not find anything funny. Songs are nice though. The general feeling is that they are trying make an "original" knock off fame, and fail miserably. That's it.

GREAT music, Okay plots, Horrendous characters

Author: morganchaos from Kissimmee, FL, US
28 October 2009

The music in glee, arguably its main selling point, certainly delivers. The cast was chosen for their voices and while the musical theatre "flavor" is a constant presence in the vocals, it doesn't detract, the songs adapted deftly for the sound. There's at least one great example of this in every episode (this show actually made me like "The Thong Song").

The plots are a little contrived, but generally pulled off in decent ways, even if some of them seem pretty ridiculous. There's really only so many plots you can do in a high school show, and it's not Glee's fault that we've seen them all at this point. They've woven in enough individual plot threads to make an interesting tapestry without taking Degrassi's Issue-of-the-week, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink approach, but even this potential is lost when threads are dropped only to show up five episodes later, when we've all forgotten about them, and I fear some threads will simply be discarded (though at the time of this writing, before episode 9, it's too soon to tell).

The problem lies with the characters. Each have huge, glaring flaws that overtake any good qualities, complete inversions of the "too-perfect" trap with an effect just as vile. Every attempt to make a character sympathetic either fades in ten minutes or flops entirely, often seeming entirely incongruous with other traits we've seen. Most characters, in addition, are either overacted or wooden, and many lines seem forced (try saying "That Rachel chick makes me wanna light myself on fire but she can sing," in a monotone, in under two seconds). Chances for dramatic, powerful scenes are wasted on humor -- not even good humor, the humor that comes from cheesy slapstick, bad writing, and gimmicky camera angles -- and scenes or lines that should be played funny take themselves entirely too seriously.

The budget got poured into the music on this show, and it shows, in the good ways -- great music and good casting -- and the bad -- mediocre writing and terrible acting and directing.