IMDb > "Glee" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Glee"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Glee" More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 19: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

I don't understand.

Author: daveroy from Australia
8 July 2010

I don't understand. Is this a documentary about how to mime really badly? If the actors are really the people singing, then why do they not try to make it look more realistic? On the occasions when I have this show on TV, I have it on in the background and listen to the music. If I look at the picture, I lose interest extremely quickly. I have been told it is a very funny show, but the funniest thing is the 'performers' 'performing'. Part of the problem could be that here in Australia, we don't go in for this sort of crap. And don't throw Olivia Newton-John at me. She was born in England, and has spent most of her life overseas. Barak Obama is more Australian than she is.

An amazing show

Author: Zarrar Raja from United States
28 March 2016

I have never witnessed a show as good as this. When it came out it focused on a lot of issues and took risks that no other shows had taken. The show will make you look at things in a different ways and you'll be extremely attached to a lot of the characters. The singing is phenomenal and the acting is amazing. You can just feel the love put into the show when you watch it. It also covers a variety of different genres such as comedy, drama, musical, etc. However, starting from season 4 the show starts to decline, especially season 6 which is just a huge mess. Overall, if you're a fan of musicals or comedy you will absolutely love this show.

OK Show

Author: adonis98-743-186503 from Greece
4 January 2016

I decided to see a little bit of Glee and it wasn't that bad as i expected it to be. I liked some of the most regular characters like Sue, Will and even Becky but i couldn't stand Kurt or Rachel annoying drama queens especially Rachel who almost cried in every episode. The songs were great tho and pretty much everyone gave their best self but the writing and the acting on the other hand not so much. I hated the love triangles especially the one of Ryder, Marley and Jake. I think both Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner did an excellent job with their acting and their songs and they were the best thing about Season 4. Season 4 had a great episode called Shooting Star and the one with Grease and also Season 5 had an episode about Finn and after his death. Even tho it had a lot of issues as a TV show it was still OK and i totally understand the 6.7 that it got here on IMDb.

that's a lot of songs that I learned from "Weird Al" Yankovic's spoofs

Author: Lee Eisenberg (lee.eisenberg.pdx@gmail.com) from Portland, Oregon, USA
23 March 2015

As someone who was a bit of an outcast in school, "Glee" is pretty interesting for me. Having just binge-watched the first season, I'd say that this look at a collection of high school students participating in the glee club is a good show. As it was, a lot of the songs that they perform I learned from "Weird Al" Yankovic's spoofs (e.g., "Like a Virgin" became "Like a Surgeon").

I'll be eager to see the rest of the series. I like how it develops the characters' personal lives as the show progresses and avoids stereotyped characters. Indeed, I expected Kurt's father to be a hard-ass but he accepts his son's homosexuality. Even the malevolent Sue Sylvester has her own story.

So far I like this show. I'll have to see the following seasons. It's too bad that Cory Monteith died of a drug overdose.

Weekly Shark Jumping

Author: zopop119 from United States
7 February 2015

If you asked me what I felt about this show after the first 3 seasons, I would have told you that it was one of the most entertaining, socially ground breaking, bold and different approaches to a weekly television program in a long time...

But things have gone progressively worse since the 4th season. The musical performances, the guest stars that have come in and really been fun to watch... all have remained good, even as the plot lines deteriorated.

Once the first group of seniors left, I think it was okay to see how their lives were changing. And the parallel story lines from Lima to New York worked a little bit. At the same time you had the kids still there and trying to rework the glee club... But somewhere in that season, things just went the wrong way. By the time you get to Season 5.. reality has just gone out the window. Kids are back and forth to Lima, a lot.. to help perform, etc.. nobody seems to need to earn a living.. The Sue Sylvester antics are getting sillier and sillier.. although very funny.. but really tripping reality big time.

And now Season 6... a total farce. These post adolescents, Rachel, Kurt, Blaine and Sam are... teaching? Mercedes has the time to build a singing career but keeps popping into Lima to sing with 6 kids.. they haven't really even rebuilt a glee club or bothered to develop new characters... Its great they are continuing to deal with all the social issues of the day.. but.. the plot lines have all but collapsed.

In my opinion, the show should have concluded, probably before Cory Monteith's untimely demise, although I feel like the writing changed drastically after that. The show ought to have ended with Rachel triumphant in Funny Girl, Mr Shu getting married and some good tie ups for the rest of the group. Instead.. we have to painfully watch a good show go down the tubes.

Ill stick with it to the end. The music is still the best part. But I keep rolling my eyes at the wide parameters they give to so many of the characters directions. I would have given this a 10 for the first few seasons , but a 4,3,2 for the last 3 ... so a 7 overall.

A good TV show...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
3 May 2015

I like this show. However, I don't love it. I love Season 1, it's my favorite season. I just love when Quinn gets pregnant and all the drama goes on. Some of the time, when I watch episodes, I skip through the songs because I'm not a fan of those particular songs. The actors can actually sing, dance and act very well and I think they did a good job portraying their characters. My favorite character is and always will be Sue Sylvester. She's hilarious and evil and manipulative and I just love it so much. I really like Quinn, Brittany and Santana, the cheerleader trio. And Finn. I love Finn. When he died in real life and then died in the show, it broke my heart a little. My favorite relationship is definitely Quick, which is Puck and Quinn. A close second is Finchel, which is Finn and Rachel.

My order of favorite seasons, from most to least are,

1. Season 1

2. Season 3

3. Season 2

4. Season 6

5. Season 4

6. Season 5

This show is about a glee club in a high school in Ohio. Unlike "losers" join forces and sing their way through all the tough times. A lot happens over the seasons. Pregnancy, infidelity, scandals, crazy wives, Sue Sylvester, death, moving away, and heaps more from where that came from.

Overall, I give this TV show a 7 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Great.

The last episode and last couple seasons RUINED the whole damn show!

Author: Branden Ramirez from United States
22 March 2015

I am comfortable giving this show (which I used to love) 1 star. It was such a disappointment to have such a great starting show end with such BAD writing and horrible character development! Honestly it really was sad when Corey Monteith passed, but the reality is that his character was ANNOYING and pointless to the story development. So it kind of seemed like Ryan Murphy just kind of gave up on the show after that. All of the characters got really annoying and extremely unlikable towards the end. So by the time you're on the last couple of seasons, you kind of just want the whole thing to end! Maybe that was their intentions? The series finale is what really put me over the edge! It felt very rushed! And the Rachel story got worse when they decided to have her and Jessie St James as a married couple in the future! After all the horrible things he had done to her, and for her to go from Finn to Jessie was absolutely ridiculous! It now feels like the whole show was a complete waste of time! It's like Nip Tuck all over again! Ryan Murphy just seems utterly incapable of keeping a show good from start to finish!

Ignore what you actually KNOW about how schools and teachers are run.

Author: Morgan O'Brien-Bledsoe from Midwest
14 January 2015

I really enjoy this show. The first 5 years i did my best to ignore reality but it's to much now. I ignored no one suing Sue for attacking the kids. I ignored how many time Sue would have been arrested for what she did to the kids and other adults but now she's threatening 2 fully grown former students with making their life a living hell because they went over her head? With the past as reference she will not stay within the law to do so and no one will do anything to stop her. Why has she not been sued over and over by the students she's harassed parents? Do they just not care about their kids? To enjoy this show you have to ignore all laws and the way schools are actually run. I really wish they had used this world as their reference for this show. Because a teacher like Sue would have been fired so long ago it wouldn't be funny and for some of the stuff she did she'd be in jail.

Feel the changes in a bad way

Author: llegzdina900 from Latvia
29 October 2013

Glee used to make me cry for every scene, but in a good way. All the first three seasons were excellent and absolutely fabulous - so heartbreaking, but joyful, and all of the talks, conflicts, love struggles made sense and got me really interested in. I used to feel how all the roles felt. The whole Finchel thing was my favorite, lots of sad things happened but it was so beautiful.

Now, when came season 4, all the newbies went in. Of course it's cool that Ryan added new members, but they really DOESN'T make any sense to me at all. For example, Tina - she's like arguing about every single thing and it's so freaking annoying and doesn't even make me want to join in the talk. It's so pointless. And in all the three seasons every character was planned out - everyone had a special personality, everyone was different. Now it feels like they are all the same. Also, the songs - some of them still are staying in my mind, but most of them are like forgotten. Songs from seasons before I remember like my birth date. Oh, and, what happened to Rachel.. She has changed so much and I didn't like her style and attitude so much.

But season 5 is the most heartbreaking because of Cory Monteith's death. I was crying my eyes out in ''The Quarterback'' episode, that was a good one. But the first episodes of this season - what's up with the whole Tina thing? NONSENSE.

I love Glee and I'll love it forever I'm sure, it changed my life and my view of life. But now it's too much.

I am a total Gleek

Author: barendbkj
10 November 2013

Glee is a show I will one day be telling my children and grandchildren about. This show has it all; romance, comedy, drama, tears, joy, kick-ass music, kick-ass dancing and amazing characters that grow on you like moss would on tree bark.

Next to Supernatural and The Tomorrow People, Glee is one of my favorite obsessions. The drama is nerve-wrecking and I find myself taking deep breaths when another development comes along. This show has so much character development going on from Kurt who was the closeted, angry gay dude who becomes a NYDA student, to one of the most annoying characters ever (Miss Rachel Berry) who becomes one of the coolest people I've ever had the chance to witness.

And the voices are incredible. There is not one person in this show who cannot sing, they are all a bunch of talented people who are making history one episode at a time.

So if your feeling down and you want to laugh, or if you want to cry a bit or sing and dance along to every hit-song ever made...then Glee is the way to go.

I really hope this show keeps going on, it's an instant cult classic.