IMDb > "Glee" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Glee"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Glee" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 18: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Still Great In My Eyes

Author: daisyarthurs
29 July 2014

When I first watched Glee I found it somewhat confusing because I started with Season 2. I only watched it because there was nothing else on and wasn't particularly thrilled. Despite this, though, I continued watching it every week. I was hooked and my addiction of Glee has only grown stronger. My favourite season was Season 3- there was not one episode I didn't love. It's like the plot for most stories- the mountain setting- it gets more interesting and the middle is it's peak and then the excitement goes down quite quickly. But I have clung on to this TV Show and have high hopes for the last series- Kurt and Blaine's marriage, Mercedes' album, and Rachel's TV Show. All of these things sound extremely exciting and I can't wait for them. I can still recommend good episodes for every season so you can relive the excitement until January. Season 1- Pilot, Vitamin D, Throwdown, Sectionals, Hell-O, The Power of Madonna,Bad Reputation, Theatricality, Funk, Journey 10/22 Season 2- Audition, Grilled Cheesus, Duets, The Rocky Horror Glee Show, The Substitute, Furt, The Sue Sylvester Shuffle, Silly Love Songs, Comeback, Blame It On The Alcohol, Sexy, Original Song, A Night Of Neglect, Born This Way, Prom Queen, New York (it's a good season) 16/22 Season 3- The Purple Piano Project, Asian F, The First Time, Mash Off, I Kissed A Girl, Hold On To Sixteen, Extraordinary Merry Christmas, Yes/No, Michael, Heart, On My Way, Saturday Night Glee-ver, Dance With Somebody, Choke, Prom-a-saurus, Props, Nationals, Goodbye 19/22 Season 4- Britney 2.0, The Break-Up, Glease, Dynamic Duets, Thanksgiving, Glee Actually, Sadie Hawkins, Naked, I Do, Girls (and Boys) On Film, Shooting Star, Wonder-ful, All Or Nothing 13/22 Season 5- Love Love Love, Tina In The Sky With Diamonds, The Quarterback, A Katy Or A Gaga, Previously Unaired Christmas, 100, New Directions, New New York, Tested 9/20

I miss original glee

Author: laurenblue2011 from United States
28 May 2014

My rating is for the first three seasons of glee, not for the new ones. The new ones I rate a 2. This used to be my favorite show, but I can't even watch it anymore. The first 3 seasons were great, Mostly because I loved the characters and the story lines. This show was great and funny and had great singers and a surprise every week. This show even made me cry sometimes, But it started to gradually get worse. The show used to cover all types of music, like pop, rock, rap, and alternative rock, but now, It only does pop and the newest crap on the radio, which bothers me a lot! This show has always been completely unrealistic, but it had its real moments, like bullying, teen pregnancy, dating issues, gay and lesbian problems, and just high school in general. I think this show used to really inspire kids about there high school issues and motivate them to keep going, but now all the show talks about is sex, and more sex. Can't they come up with anything more original. I mean seriously, there more recent episode was about twerking. Really? After season 3, all the original characters went off to college, and the director decided that it would be a good idea to "replace" all of them with new high school kids. Idiot much? The original characters can't be replaced! The new characters are just awful, and you don't see most of the old characters much anymore. I would rather the director stopped the show after season 3, or followed all the original glee members to college or something. That would of been much better than the torture that the show now is. At the beginning of season 4, I tried to support glee considering how much its helped me, but I just couldn't watch it. If I were you, I would watch glee seasons 1-3, then stop watching after that.

I couldn't even make it through one season

Author: Truckhitterfilms from United States
24 September 2013

It may seem unfair to judge an entire TV series based on seeing only four to six episodes, but based on how I felt about the episodes, I really don't see any way I could continue to watch it. The premise was laughable, the characters were one dimensional stereotypes with everyone but the glee club having flaws to them, there was nothing to get behind, the comedy was bad, and everything was so predictable.

When I watched the show, one big thing that kept jumping out at me was how boring and stereotypical the characters were. There was the over achieving girl who wants to make it big, the jock who sings, the jock's cheerleader girlfriend, the teacher's dumb blond wife, and so on. None of these characters stuck out to me and none of them were built up from the ground. All of them were based around the stereotypes of whatever they were. Every character had so little flaw it became boring. Having no flaws does not make a good character. Having flaws makes for a good character because they are more interesting. Then, when a character has flaws, they have nothing else. This is not interesting! This is the lowest form of characters you can have!

While I only saw about four or five episodes, I made a bunch of guesses about what was going to happen and checked online to see if I was right. What did I learn? This show is so predictable! I correctly guessed that the celibate cheerleader would get pregnant and it would not be the boyfriend's child. I guessed that the teacher would leave his current wife and marry that other teacher and I was right! I guessed the over achieving girl and the jock would get together and I was right! There was some minor stuff but these were the big things. If I can guess how things are going to turn out from just five episodes, then this show needs to do something to be less predictable.

With the exception of Lea Michele, the acting was awful. She brought a certain something to her performance from what I saw while everyone else, well, they did not to put it simply.

There was one part where I thought I might be able to watch through the series. Things looked like they were getting better, things seemed less forced, and then I saw the football scene. I'm talking about the scene where the football team dances on the football field to confuse the opposing team so they can get the winning point. After that, I called it quits and vowed to not watch the show again.

Is it the worst TV show I've ever watched? Of course not, but it is very bad. Why this has become so popular I do not understand.

Boring.

Author: Chelsea May (angels_in_trenchcoats) from Australia
1 July 2013

When I was ten years old I loved this show. Thought it was brilliant. I repeat when I was TEN.

This show is unrealistic, overly dramatic and it just drags out. Can it please end already? The covers they make of new and old songs are honestly awful, it is plain embarrassing to even hear.

I watched all of season 1 of Glee but after that I got so bored and couldn't put up with anymore of the stupidity. I mean it's the same characters over and over hooking up with each other and singing bad ballads.

Don't bother with it.

Terrible show.

Author: BlackJack_B
11 May 2013

Glee is easily the worst show on Network T.V. at this time. An episode of Glee nowadays is written by simply looking at the Hot 100 chart and asking the songwriters permission for the use of the song to be performed in horrid fashion by the "actors" on the show and then reading the newspaper, watching the news or paying the Internet a visit for current events.

This year alone, the lazy Glee writers have cobbled up story lines in which someone is a "catfish" (Notre Dame and current San Diego Chargers LB Manti Te'o), a sub-story on asteroids hitting Earth (the two asteroids of February 15) and a school shooting (Sandy Hook) instead of coming up with their own original material. It's clear that they can't come up with anything more than shoving reality into a program that people watch in order to get away from it.

This show has a myriad of other problems not worth getting into. It only had success because of our society of ignorance and decadence that its audience wallows in.

Horrible tribute to the late MJ

Author: AlliPags from United States
3 February 2012

I have to admit that I was so excited for the MJ episode and I shut the TV off so disappointed. To sum it up: to pay tribute to one of the biggest - over the top entertainers to ever perform the episode was full of sappy scenes of people standing/sitting face to face trying to belt a duet that they were not right for (Never can say goodbye, Human nature, Ben, Smooth Criminal, Black and white (bad overall production), I just can't stop loving you). MJ would be dancing around making every moment a production. "Bad" was full of horrible close up shots and some dancing. The dancing lacked from that point on. I was bummed that a guy sang Janet's part to Scream - REALLY!!?? I wanted this to be like the Britney episode. Packed with entertainment..... shame on Glee. This was a disaster. I will have to say that this just proved the point that Glee will ever be what it was for the first season. Its going down hill. Attacking so many personal issues takes away from the entertainment... back it off Glee.

A Virus of CRAP. Worse than High School Musical

Author: gorillazfan132000 from United States
5 May 2010

I am getting sick of stupid s### like this, this whole high-school fiasco that attempts be both a comedy and a drama. Two words: EPIC FAIL. You know what else tried to be a comedy/drama? "Junior", a crappy film starring Schwarzenegger. How do you go from serious to funny? It doesn't work. It's like putting a clown in to help boost the morale of the Haiti earthquake. Now, I don't have anything against the actors, but their characters are so horribly written I can pretty much see the crayon scribble. I had a few good chuckles out of it, like 15% of it, but it couldn't grasp my interest or make me laugh any more than it should. The whole plot of having the teen girl be a surrogate for the teacher's wife is just RETARDED. And the whole pregnant high-schooler thing is a goddamn cliché. IT'S GETTING OLD. IT'S BEEN DONE FOR OVER 40 YEARS NOW. All in all, GLEE SUCKS.

No story line, unappealing characters and below average performance.

Author: Max Keswick from United Kingdom
12 June 2012

None of the characters seem to have any sort of consistency. They keep changing their personalities to suit the episode plot. Same with the story line. There is no overall coherence to what it happening. Every episode pushes and pulls the plot to suit that particular episode. The characters aren't likable. What motivated them is as yet not understood, neither can the audience understand how they call connect together. Besides dedicated fans to the actors, I doubt if anyone likes the show. The songs are just smoke and mirrors to cover up a weak script, story and characters. The way they keep adding new characters and new plot twists and obstacles seem a desperate way to keep the drama alive. The casting seem totally senseless, Lea Michelle most certainly does not come off as a wanna be diva or stuck up goody two shoes. All she portrays is a very annoying girl of below average IQ. Brittany seems to stupid to be true (considering the show is trying to keep it 'realist'). Sue's character seems to have holes in it than a sieve and Miss Pillsbury is another awful caricature! And Chris Colfer is so squinty and whiny at times its painful to watch!

I don't understand.

Author: daveroy from Australia
8 July 2010

I don't understand. Is this a documentary about how to mime really badly? If the actors are really the people singing, then why do they not try to make it look more realistic? On the occasions when I have this show on TV, I have it on in the background and listen to the music. If I look at the picture, I lose interest extremely quickly. I have been told it is a very funny show, but the funniest thing is the 'performers' 'performing'. Part of the problem could be that here in Australia, we don't go in for this sort of crap. And don't throw Olivia Newton-John at me. She was born in England, and has spent most of her life overseas. Barak Obama is more Australian than she is.

An amazing show

Author: Zarrar Raja from United States
28 March 2016

I have never witnessed a show as good as this. When it came out it focused on a lot of issues and took risks that no other shows had taken. The show will make you look at things in a different ways and you'll be extremely attached to a lot of the characters. The singing is phenomenal and the acting is amazing. You can just feel the love put into the show when you watch it. It also covers a variety of different genres such as comedy, drama, musical, etc. However, starting from season 4 the show starts to decline, especially season 6 which is just a huge mess. Overall, if you're a fan of musicals or comedy you will absolutely love this show.