The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Page 10 of 44: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

women need to get better taste

Author: chris brown from United States
18 November 2011

look at the reviews percentage all the women 6.8 and higher and the men under 5 all of them you wonder why well hmm twilight SUCKS ASS stupidest movies and books ever written women please save your boy friends from this garbage acting a bs plots. Also vampires and werewolves are supposed to kill and kick the hell out of each other not fall in love with ugly skanks and fight over them please someone shoot anyone who was involved in the creation of Twilight the end of this review is all gonna be me typing crap because this movie doesn't deserve ten lines of my text so heres me typing a bunch of BS so that i can post on how awful this series is.

Disappointed

Author: eahutchison from United States
7 September 2012

Vampires and werewolves are not subjects that normally attract my attention, yet somehow The Twilight Saga series has sucked me in. As a romantic fantasy novel and now film series, Twilight has captivated its' young audience by twisting the fate of these not so average teens. Breaking Dawn- Part 1 is the latest of the film series and one that seemed to stray from what my self, and many other readers, imagined in the book.

Breaking Dawn- Part 1 opened in theaters November 18th, 2011 and grossed over $705 million across the world. Stephanie Meyer, author of the novel series, also became an executive producer for the film series. Melissa Rosenberg continued on as screenwriter from the previous films, but the biggest change occurred by hiring a new director. Bill Condon directed Part 1 and has signed on to direct Part 2, which is coming out in November 2012. As one of the most popular teen series of our generation, Part 1 was an interesting visual of the novel. After finally giving in to the vampire fad in 2009, I quickly became a rapid fan of the series. Somehow the movies have continued to fall short of my expectations. Granted the first film seemed to be a test to see if the fans would accept a cinema version, the budget was low and the acting came cheap. As I read the books I had a tremendous amount of imagery racing through my mind about what the mysterious Edward looked like, how the insecure Bella acted and especially visualizing the intriguing Jacob. Without critiquing the acting of these characters, I will say I think casting did a terrific job on selecting the looks of the infamous roles. Special effects are always a challenge but I think this film does a good job of portraying the abstract plot line including speed, transformations, werewolves, flying, and more. Aside from the very basics of the movie, I struggled with the actual portrayal in comparison to the book.

I think the one thing that frustrates me the most is how they split the film into two movies for the sole benefit of making a bigger profit. I understand that breaking the novel in to halves makes it easier to depict all of the blood, sweat and tears, but the way Dawn ends just leaves the audience craving for more, even though they know how it ends. Another issue I had was the birth. Birthing scenes are never fun for anyone to watch, act or direct but this scene in Dawn was one for the records. It seemed to make the audience not only feel uncomfortable, but the views of Bella throughout were unnecessary and horrific. Lastly, the acting has always made me rigger. I can't put my foot down on whether it's the script that is cheesy or if it really is the actors. Whatever the issue may be, I wish the awkwardness of the actors themselves didn't interfere with the complexity of the plot. Young actors are hard to train, but some of these actors might be a better fit for the Disney channel.

For those who are already Twilight fans or for those who might become fans, I would recommend watching the films. Even though it may not be the fantasy world you imagined in your mind, actually getting to see a visual portrayal is entertaining non the less.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Author: eline-hoskens from Antwerp, Belgium
11 August 2013

This movie started off with a big surprise! After all these bad previous movies, Bella still has friends who come to her wedding!!! Wow, they must be saints! After the wedding Bella and Edward go on honeymoon and so do all the crew members of the movie... The main characters have sex and break a bed, the moment all the fans have been waiting for. I'm not spoiling anything as you couldn't possibly spoil this movie.

After so many slow minutes of boringness Bella turns into her real pale and skeleton-skinny self and the movie comes to a disturbing climax. The end.

When the movie was over I wondered: "What the hell is still going to happen in the last movie?!" Indeed, you probably wonder why I kept watching the movies after the first one and especially after the second) as I have rated them 6-3-3-2 so far. The truth is: I was curious! After all the bullshit that has happened and that hasn't happened, I simply wondered how the story would end! Plus they were really entertaining! The first one I thought okay, interesting, inspiring even (in a good or bad way, I leave that to you) and the next ones were so bad that they were hilarious! So I did watch the last part and, gee, that review is surprisingly different...

To Be Continued...

A film worthy of winning all the Razzie awards

Author: andrewliam-price from st.helens england
12 June 2013

0/10 (and thats being nice) Where to start with Breaking Dawn Part 1. It easily one of the worst films i've ever watched. The main reason i say this is basically nothing happens in the two and a half hours thats this film is on. Here is the film: - Bella and Edward get married - They go on honeymoon where they do nothing but snog the faces off each-other - Bella finds out she is pregnant - The baby will be part vampire which would kill Bella if she gave birth to it as a human so Edward coverts Bella into a vampire - Bella gives birth End of film Those 5 bullet points basically make up this two and half hour film. Not only does nothing happen in this film but the acting is appalling as shown at the razzies where Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart where nominated for worst actor and actress both losing out to Adam sandler in Jack and Jill , which is slightly more watchable then this. The film was also nominated for Worst Director (Bill Condon), Worst Ensemble (The entire cast) , Worst Picture , Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel , Worst Screen Couple (Kristen Stewart , Robert Pattinson,Taylor Lautner) (Krtisten Stewart & EITHER Taylor Lautner OR Robert Pattinson)and Worst Scrrenplay (Melissa Rosenberg). The film has a 24% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Even if you have seen every other film in the series do not bother with Breaking dawn part 1 and 2 because they are both shocking films and is probably second on my worst film of all time list (Number 1 obviously being Jaws 4:The Revenge. DO NOT WATCH!!!! Unless you wish to have fun completely destroying the film. 0/10 is being very fair trust me.

Dreadful

Author: moviemaster from sanfrancisco
5 May 2013

So I've seen all of them... not sure why but I did enjoy the first one. From there it was mostly downhill, except the last was OK too. #2 and #3 we OK, but lacked the verve the first one had... the imagination. After that it's just a cat and dog fight amongst the adversaries. Rosenberg has written the screenplay for all of them and except for the first has shown little true talent. The plots are pedestrian and hackneyed for the most part--- passing for fair daytime soaps, barely. But I like the cast; several have good acting skills. But Dawn One reminded me of the old Star Trek series when the actors all get together on the enterprise and sit around staring at each other wondering when the plot is going to start. But she's got millions of suckers, who fall for this stuff. Most of the movies have grossed about $300M on budgets of $100M or less. Imagine what they could have done with a talented writer!

An Abomination

Author: mcfjr42 from United States
8 April 2013

The Twilight series has never been good; anyone who's trying to convince you otherwise is a preteen girl. But I will say this: up until Breaking Dawn the movies were at least enjoyably bad. Breaking Dawn, however, decides to suck any joy out of it and fill the film with the worst acting and visuals of the entire franchise.

I won't bother recapping the plot here; there's just no point, especially when the books and films are so prominent in pop culture. Instead, let me get into the many things wrong with this film:

-Kristen Stewart rarely smiles in this film. Oh, there are a few forced-looking smiles, but even at her character Bella's wedding she looks downright miserable. Looking miserable all the time worked well for her in Speak; here in a romantic role like this it's just awful

-The long-awaited sex scene is probably one of the most bland, passionless sex scenes ever put to film. Some furniture's destroyed, sure, but still, that isn't enough to save the lifeless lovemaking that occurs between Bella and Edward

-The stupidity of Bella astounded me in the book, and here it's just as bad. Bella easily lets Rosalie talk her into keeping the baby Edward impregnates her with. This is a girl who hated her and wanted to kill her at one point; they may be family now, but still, Bella shouldn't just blindly listen to her stepsister, especially when it becomes increasingly apparent she couldn't care less if Bella lived or died, as long as she gets the baby.

-The film tries to deal with a topic like abortion. And, surprise surprise, they do a terrible job. The way it's brought up is so blunt it looks like it was written by someone who honestly believes all abortions are performed in back alleys with coat hangers. The handling of such a controversial topic can be done well in the right hands, but the Twilight series and Stephanie Meyer are nowhere close to being intelligent or deep enough to handle a topic like this.

-A lot of scenes involving Jacob and the wolf pack are way too dark; I could barely tell what was going on half of the time in those scenes. Not that what was going on in those scenes was particularly interesting, but it was still rather irritating.

-Jacob, played by Taylor Lautner (who, throughout the series, seemed to be giving an 'Ewan McGregor in the Star Wars prequels'-like effort to actually act), imprints on baby Renesmee. While imprinting is not explained well enough for any viewer to understand how it works, the fact that Jacob will someday be dating the newborn is really uncomfortable. While not outright making Jacob a pedophile, it really makes one of the few likable characters left in the movies a lot creepier. This, of course, is kept from the book, because bad choices and poor writing like this could only be the work of a monumental hack like Meyer.

-The birth scene is one of the few things I've ever seen in a movie that made me sick. Not since I saw some of the cut animal scenes from Cannibal Holocaust has a movie actually made me nauseous. It is one of the most tasteless, disgusting scenes ever filmed.

Don't watch this movie. It rivals The Last Airbender film in terms of awfulness. There is so much wrong with this film that it is devoid of the charming stupidity found in Eclipse or even New Moon. If this review doesn't keep you away from this horrific cinematic dung heap, I wish you the best of luck in sitting through it.

This happened, and we let it happen.

Author: HybridFilmsRule from United States
1 February 2013

This movie doesn't even deserve a 1. When I found out that they were splitting this movie up into 2 parts, I said they were just copying Harry Potter. When I saw this movie, I was glad I hadn't gone to the theaters and wasted $10 to see it.

I didn't think they could make a worse movie than the first, but this one managed just that. Seriously, this whole movie is basically showing Edward and Bella repeatedly have sex. Then, you have to watch Bella slowly die for 40 minutes. What a waste! When I saw the second part, I knew that these could have been put together while only giving the first part 30 minutes or so. The fact that they split this up confirmed that 2 movies was just a way to con people out of their money. Shameful!

Here's a topic: half human, half vampire children, talk amongst yourselves

Author: rg98886 from United States
13 January 2013

After having seen the previous installments in this series, this one was put on the free movies list on demand, I decided I had nothing but time to lose, I started the movie. As usual, Bella would make her "trademark" face before painfully delivering one of her lines, Edward looking like he's being staked to death when speaking,their "chemistry" and everything else that this series is known for. After watching these films,I had somewhat gotten used to these things, and was actually enjoying the movie for what it was......until Jacob ran out of the Cullens' home, and assembled the wolf pack at the lumber yard. When they started talking, my mom and my brother were also looking at the screen in bewilderment, for a moment, we all thought we had been drugged with Walt Disney pills! This scene took what credibility the film had, and threw it out the window! It makes me wonder though... WHAT IN THE WORLD DID ESME FEED THEM IN THOSE SANDWICHES? hmm.....

Worst Film I have ever seen!

Author: kim mcc from United Kingdom
23 December 2012

I really could not wait to see this film,

as I had previously enjoyed the others. I cannot believe the film was so boring and pathetic.

It was totally unlike the others and I couldn't wait for it to end!

Would not advise you waste your time! I kept on hoping it would get better, but unfortunately it was on a downhill spiral.

It had just started to peak ever so slightly towards the end when there was minor action, then it came to a very abrupt end! typical! I'm not sure I will see the others now. if I do ever bother to, I hope that they are not like this one!

The metaphor for disease....

Author: FlashCallahan from Leicester, United Kingdom
6 December 2012

Bella and Edward are marry. Jacob becomes vexed when he learns that Bella is planning to consummate the marriage on her honeymoon.

Bella and Edward spend their honeymoon on the Cullen's idyllic private island, but, to their dismay, they discover that Bella is pregnant.

The foetus is at an accelerated rate and everyone fears for Bella's health.

The Quileutes close in as the unborn child poses a threat to the Wolf Pack and the towns people of Forks....

So it's come to the wedding, and the film does a Harry Potter by splitting the final book into two, and sadly, it's a pretty boring affair.

They get married, go on a honeymoon, meet a maid who's a bit nuts, get pregnant and Baella get's ill.

And it feels like a life time when you watch it.

Sheen pops up right at the last minute, and it's the best thing about the film.

But to see the conclusion, one has to see this, and it's really as if Condon is saving his wild card for the last chapter...