The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Page 10 of 45: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

women need to get better taste

Author: chris brown from United States
18 November 2011

look at the reviews percentage all the women 6.8 and higher and the men under 5 all of them you wonder why well hmm twilight SUCKS ASS stupidest movies and books ever written women please save your boy friends from this garbage acting a bs plots. Also vampires and werewolves are supposed to kill and kick the hell out of each other not fall in love with ugly skanks and fight over them please someone shoot anyone who was involved in the creation of Twilight the end of this review is all gonna be me typing crap because this movie doesn't deserve ten lines of my text so heres me typing a bunch of BS so that i can post on how awful this series is.

Disappointed

Author: eahutchison from United States
7 September 2012

Vampires and werewolves are not subjects that normally attract my attention, yet somehow The Twilight Saga series has sucked me in. As a romantic fantasy novel and now film series, Twilight has captivated its' young audience by twisting the fate of these not so average teens. Breaking Dawn- Part 1 is the latest of the film series and one that seemed to stray from what my self, and many other readers, imagined in the book.

Breaking Dawn- Part 1 opened in theaters November 18th, 2011 and grossed over $705 million across the world. Stephanie Meyer, author of the novel series, also became an executive producer for the film series. Melissa Rosenberg continued on as screenwriter from the previous films, but the biggest change occurred by hiring a new director. Bill Condon directed Part 1 and has signed on to direct Part 2, which is coming out in November 2012. As one of the most popular teen series of our generation, Part 1 was an interesting visual of the novel. After finally giving in to the vampire fad in 2009, I quickly became a rapid fan of the series. Somehow the movies have continued to fall short of my expectations. Granted the first film seemed to be a test to see if the fans would accept a cinema version, the budget was low and the acting came cheap. As I read the books I had a tremendous amount of imagery racing through my mind about what the mysterious Edward looked like, how the insecure Bella acted and especially visualizing the intriguing Jacob. Without critiquing the acting of these characters, I will say I think casting did a terrific job on selecting the looks of the infamous roles. Special effects are always a challenge but I think this film does a good job of portraying the abstract plot line including speed, transformations, werewolves, flying, and more. Aside from the very basics of the movie, I struggled with the actual portrayal in comparison to the book.

I think the one thing that frustrates me the most is how they split the film into two movies for the sole benefit of making a bigger profit. I understand that breaking the novel in to halves makes it easier to depict all of the blood, sweat and tears, but the way Dawn ends just leaves the audience craving for more, even though they know how it ends. Another issue I had was the birth. Birthing scenes are never fun for anyone to watch, act or direct but this scene in Dawn was one for the records. It seemed to make the audience not only feel uncomfortable, but the views of Bella throughout were unnecessary and horrific. Lastly, the acting has always made me rigger. I can't put my foot down on whether it's the script that is cheesy or if it really is the actors. Whatever the issue may be, I wish the awkwardness of the actors themselves didn't interfere with the complexity of the plot. Young actors are hard to train, but some of these actors might be a better fit for the Disney channel.

For those who are already Twilight fans or for those who might become fans, I would recommend watching the films. Even though it may not be the fantasy world you imagined in your mind, actually getting to see a visual portrayal is entertaining non the less.

Only You Can Prevent The Harm

Author: Rachel McReynolds from Loveland, CO
9 February 2015

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Oh look a NOPEmovie. If you ever come across this film in your travels, do the world a favor; take it from where you have found it, set it gently on the ground, take a machine gun and unload a round or two into it. After you've finished with that, scoop up the remains, then transport those remains to the nearest fire. When there is nothing but ashes left, sweep up those ashes and deposit them into a container of acid. Take that container of acid and travel to the deepest body of water you can find and release that acid into the middle of it. Then we can rest assured it can't hurt anyone else. You can help all of your fellow humans by deciding to take these simple steps to avoid the pain and suffering. Thank you.

Mdu's Clearer Than This!

Author: harconn21 from Canada
2 November 2014

OK, the only thing interesting about this first part is the wedding. The shots were nicely done, and the dress was too, but other than that, there was no life to Breaking Dawn pt 1.

Makeup was nicely done during Bella's pregnancy though.

I'm glad I went through my teenage years during Harry Potter, because that series is much more interesting - and with both the books and movies - more profitable.

Since first coming across Meyer's books when they first came out, I've always been of the opinion that she was simply riding Rowling's coat tails in a sense, trying to be as successful but with crappy material. I never read the books, but the movies speak for them as to how bad they are.

fake

Author: Armand from Romania
22 June 2014

it is a cruel word but that is truth. because the seduction from the first parts is lost, the acting becomes more and more a sketch, the love story is unrealistic, the work of team has wrong map. basic problem - the large possibilities for make a decent film who are ignored. result, the charm of fights, the dramatic fight for young lady heart - this film confirms Jacob was the best choice and the option of writer/ scriptwriter was not inspired - are parts of past for a fake exercise of family crisis and few drops of Brasil.the problem is not that errors but the impression than Breaking Dawn 1 is the expected movie for teenagers. a fake movie. and that is all.

The worst Twilight yet

Author: Leofwine_draca from United Kingdom
26 May 2014

BREAKING DAWN - PART ONE is the penultimate entry in the teen vampire romance TWILIGHT saga, from the books by Stephenie Meyer. And it's an absolute stinker of a movie! I've been indifferent towards the other entries in this series, but they were masterpieces in comparison to this, one of the worst I've seen in a good while.

Everything is wrong with the film, but the story is particularly terrible. The actual number of events in the plot is extremely small, meaning that this is overlong and dragged out to an endless degree. For long, excruciating stretches of screen time, absolutely nothing happens. It's a story of a girl getting married to a vampire, and that's it. No conflict, nothing. Just boredom.

There's absolutely no reason to watch this. The leads, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, are clearly bored by the material and their characters are listless and lacking in emotion. The werewolf pack is shoehorned into the storyline once more but their presence is extraneous to say the least. And there's absolutely no suspense, no tension, no stand-out scenes to recommend. I think the book of BREAKING DAWN was split into two movies by Hollywood money-grubbers and, like HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART ONE, the resultant film turned out to be an exercise in greed, nothing more.

That sinking feeling...

Author: devilsadvocatered6
14 May 2014

It's been a few months now, IMDb. You have no idea what I've done to myself, do you? I don't even know what I've done. What I do know is that ever since I've seen this movie, I'm experiencing terrible headaches and blackouts that last hours and sometimes days on end. I wake up in strange places that I don't recall visiting. My friends and family tell me that I've grown withdrawn and distant. My bedroom wall is plastered in pictures of brunette women, some with red X's over their faces. No matter how many times I rip this down, it mysteriously reappears and I hear someone laughing in my ear even if I'm alone.

But enough about me, let's talk terrible movies. Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but I do believe this movie sucked gigantic, furry balls. Not just sucked, either, we're talking the gravity well of a collapsed star with enough force to rip a planet apart.

Edward and Bella get married. I'm all out of f-bombs to give about their "relationship", much like the actor who plays Charlie Swan. Hang on, let me check with Sparkles the Vampire. Nope, he's out of f-bombs, too. Anyway, they spend their honeymoon on a private island off the coast of Brazil and spend their time completely trashing their suite with vampire sex that should theoretically break Bella in every sense of the word. I wish I was kidding. They even have sex in the missionary position because...it was written by someone with strong religious beliefs? It just seems to me a lot of this could have been avoided if Bella learned some cowgirl positions. In the age of smart phones, there has got to be an app for that. (Damn right there is.)

Anyway, this results in a pregnancy and a lot of chess playing. Despite the fact that carrying this mutant vampire abomination is clearly going to kill Bella, she goes balls-deep into pro life territory and discards that tiny particle of character she has to spread the author's propaganda. Remember, impressionable young women: abortions are always wrong even in a Rosemary's Baby kind of situation. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle!

The werewolves don't like this because treaty and they stand around speaking in perfect English in their cartoon dog forms. Jacob trolls the leader and decides to protect Bella who ends up dying in labor, looking a lot like a crack addict on a slab when all is said and done. Good job, make-up team. I mean that.

Jacob then creeps all over the baby by falling in love with it, I think. I'm not sure anymore about how real any of this is. I mentioned the headaches, right? Well, this is my conclusion: this is a sloppily written mess of a movie whose only redeeming factor lies in the unsung heroes of the make up artists. Everything else just falls flat. Even the soundtrack seems to just be going through the motions. Nobody makes any attempt to act (Jacob alone never makes a face outside of mild constipation), the music is bland and...Edward never sparkled in Brazil despite being in broad daylight for most of that sequence. In fact, none of the vampires did. Did I...did I dream that they had established that in the first movie? I don't know anymore. My head is starting to hurt again.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Author: eline-hoskens from Antwerp, Belgium
11 August 2013

This movie started off with a big surprise! After all these bad previous movies, Bella still has friends who come to her wedding!!! Wow, they must be saints! After the wedding Bella and Edward go on honeymoon and so do all the crew members of the movie... The main characters have sex and break a bed, the moment all the fans have been waiting for. I'm not spoiling anything as you couldn't possibly spoil this movie.

After so many slow minutes of boringness Bella turns into her real pale and skeleton-skinny self and the movie comes to a disturbing climax. The end.

When the movie was over I wondered: "What the hell is still going to happen in the last movie?!" Indeed, you probably wonder why I kept watching the movies after the first one and especially after the second) as I have rated them 6-3-3-2 so far. The truth is: I was curious! After all the bullshit that has happened and that hasn't happened, I simply wondered how the story would end! Plus they were really entertaining! The first one I thought okay, interesting, inspiring even (in a good or bad way, I leave that to you) and the next ones were so bad that they were hilarious! So I did watch the last part and, gee, that review is surprisingly different...

To Be Continued...

A film worthy of winning all the Razzie awards

Author: andrewliam-price from st.helens england
12 June 2013

0/10 (and thats being nice) Where to start with Breaking Dawn Part 1. It easily one of the worst films i've ever watched. The main reason i say this is basically nothing happens in the two and a half hours thats this film is on. Here is the film: - Bella and Edward get married - They go on honeymoon where they do nothing but snog the faces off each-other - Bella finds out she is pregnant - The baby will be part vampire which would kill Bella if she gave birth to it as a human so Edward coverts Bella into a vampire - Bella gives birth End of film Those 5 bullet points basically make up this two and half hour film. Not only does nothing happen in this film but the acting is appalling as shown at the razzies where Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart where nominated for worst actor and actress both losing out to Adam sandler in Jack and Jill , which is slightly more watchable then this. The film was also nominated for Worst Director (Bill Condon), Worst Ensemble (The entire cast) , Worst Picture , Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel , Worst Screen Couple (Kristen Stewart , Robert Pattinson,Taylor Lautner) (Krtisten Stewart & EITHER Taylor Lautner OR Robert Pattinson)and Worst Scrrenplay (Melissa Rosenberg). The film has a 24% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Even if you have seen every other film in the series do not bother with Breaking dawn part 1 and 2 because they are both shocking films and is probably second on my worst film of all time list (Number 1 obviously being Jaws 4:The Revenge. DO NOT WATCH!!!! Unless you wish to have fun completely destroying the film. 0/10 is being very fair trust me.

Dreadful

Author: moviemaster from sanfrancisco
5 May 2013

So I've seen all of them... not sure why but I did enjoy the first one. From there it was mostly downhill, except the last was OK too. #2 and #3 we OK, but lacked the verve the first one had... the imagination. After that it's just a cat and dog fight amongst the adversaries. Rosenberg has written the screenplay for all of them and except for the first has shown little true talent. The plots are pedestrian and hackneyed for the most part--- passing for fair daytime soaps, barely. But I like the cast; several have good acting skills. But Dawn One reminded me of the old Star Trek series when the actors all get together on the enterprise and sit around staring at each other wondering when the plot is going to start. But she's got millions of suckers, who fall for this stuff. Most of the movies have grossed about $300M on budgets of $100M or less. Imagine what they could have done with a talented writer!