The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Page 8 of 45: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

twilight isn't a delight

Author: mmcca286
17 April 2012

First thing i have watched every one of the movies and i never thought i would watch any more after the first one because it was so annoying that i had to get up and leave half way through the movie and it was well worth getting yelled at by my girlfriend at the time, but i rather have got punched in the face than watch another second of the first one. and after that i was like I'm not watching any of the others, but thanks to my girlfriend i was drugged to the next one and after sitting through the whole movie just to see a ending that was just so redicious with Edward asking Bella to marry her and than blank screen then credits WTF so i decided now to watch all of the rest of the remaining movies just to make fun of and criticize the films. and if you don't know where I'm going with this i'll tell you the Twlight Seris are pointless and destroyed the image of the vampires, how can you take the blood sucking creatures and change them to these loving creatures is beyond my mind because vampires are not nice period point made and end of story. the whole Twlight series gets a dreaded but well deserved F in my opinion

Do they just get worse and worse!?

Author: hysteria zombie from London
14 April 2012

Wow.I just have to say that after watching this movie I have lost all interest in watching Part II. The first one was good,the second I didn't like very much,the third was okay,but this one.. Not to insult anyone but Kristen Stewart just did not do a good job at all! And the point is just...well there is no point of the entire movie! 1.The start is lifeless. 2.Everyone seems just...dull! 3.Why the f did he have to bite her 50 times!?

Honestly a three year old could have wrote a better scenario. And what is up with the whole "Jacob the protector" stuff!?

Not the worst movie I ever saw,just not one that I like,and I find it to be nothing more that 2 hours I will never get back.

If Part 1 was this, God only knows what Part 2 will be like.

Author: Christian_Dimartino from United States
5 April 2012

I have had a lot of difficulty getting involved in The Twilight Saga. I have seen all four, and none have completely satisfied me. The original is bad, but not that bad. The sequel IS that bad. The third one is the only one that doesn't completely blow. I actually felt hope for the series after seeing that one. Eclipse finally gave us more of a character background, and wasn't pain inducing-ly boring, which is just what Breaking Dawn Part 1, the fourth film, is.

The film doesn't really have much story wise. Bella(Kirsten Stewart) and Edward(Robert Pattinson) finally get married, and on their honeymoon Bella gets knocked up. Interesting, huh? Yeah, but all of that happens in a half an hour. What happens in the rest of the movie? It's not even worth me getting into it.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 is so boring. I mean, the others were too but this one is really boring. Stewart is a good actress, but not necessarily in these films. I've always felt her talent wasted here. In this one, she looks like hell. But I mean, if I were apart of this movie I would too.

The other actors, well, they deserve what they get. The acting here, for a while, wasn't that bad, until Jacob entered the situation. One of the best things about the original, I realize now, is the fact that Jacob is barely in it. Jacob, who is Bella's were-wolf friend played by Taylor Lautner, is extremely annoying.

When any of the wolves are on screen, the film loses whatever blood it had. Lautner is a terrible actor. Seeing him in the trailer for Abduction nearly made me vomit. Here, despite his abs, he is such an annoying pansy who just can't accept the fact that Edward is better than him. I really loathe Jacob.

I really just don't like these films. They're too boring, too cheesy, the dialogue is too hokey, and occasionally the films are un-intentionally hilarious. Is this as bad as New Moon? No, I will give it that. But yes, it is still a very bad movie, most likely one of the years worst films. Please, avoid at all costs.

C-

An Hour & A Half Of Filler, Followed By Twenty Minutes Of Awesome.

Author: Matt_Layden from Canada
29 March 2012

Victoria is dead, there is no longer any threat to Bella. So she and Edward get married, while on their honeymoon they do the dirty deed and oops, Bella gets pregnant. Vampire pregnant, which means the fetus is growing at 5 times the normal rate and is killing her from within. The wolf clan cannot have this, as it breaks their treaty somehow and they come to kill the baby. Now Jacob must team up with the people he hates, the Cullens, in order to protect Bella.

While this premise does sound interesting, it's a shame that the producers wanted to milk this poorly conceived franchise for every penny they can get. Instead of making one film, they split the story into two and Breaking Dawn Part 1 clearly suffers from over stuffing and filler. Nothing happens until the last twenty minutes of the film. We know they get married, we know they have sex and we know she gets pregnant. It takes way too long to get these plot points across. The wedding, the honeymoon and the pregnancy could have all happened in the first 30 minutes, but it's instead stretched to an obscene length.

Books have more room to breath. The world is created an the writer has hundreds of pages to tell their story. Films don't have this luxury, so when a film comes out based on a book, you need to chop out the stuff that's simply not needed or wouldn't translate well to the screen. Since the people behind this film want to make more money, they split the last film into two. WB did the same for Harry Potter, but I can forgive them because there is actual story to tell in that film, here there is nothing. She doesn't get pregnant until 50 minutes into the film. Which means we are stuck with boring characters either being jealous of what others have (Jacob) or two people having sex over and over (Edward/Bella). The amount of time that was dedicated to the honeymoon is insane. What should have been a ten minute sequence, at most, takes about 30 minutes of screen time.

Once Bella starts dying, the film tries to get into motion, but it's too late. When she goes into labor, that's when something finally interesting happens and the rest of the film makes for some of the most thrilling moments in the entire series. A standoff between the Cullens and the wolves is finally shown here, something that people have been waiting for since the first film. The tension between the two families finally explodes. This is exciting stuff, this is what people have been waiting for, but the film still suffers from bad CGI work when humans interact with the wolves. So the fight sequences, as exciting as they are, never really reach their full potential.

The final frame of the film is so obvious half way through that I actually chuckled to myself when it happened. I still can't shake the feeling that the conflict of the whole series finished with Eclipse and what we have left is an overstretched denouement. Am I excited for the next film? Not really. Half the job of Part 1 is to get you excited for the next, this film fails horribly at that. What's left to happen? An after the credits sequences is shown where we are given a glimpse of what to expect, but I'm too far drawn away from the conflict by that point.

Breaking Dawn is not the worst in the series, but clearly not the best. Had the film been one piece instead of two, then it would have been exciting. The simple fact that it drags on for so long is proof that splitting the film in two was a mistake, creatively. Financially, it's smart. Because young teenage girls will flock to anything, case in point -- this entire series.

Should have been better

Author: Sandy0095 from United States
12 March 2012

I went into this movie trying not to have any preconceived criticism. I know a lot of people either absolutely adore the Twlight movies, are huge fans, and then there are the other moviegoers, who go simply to mock the franchise. I'd like to think I'm somewhere in the middle and usually just try to keep an open mind and enjoy the 2 hour-range experience. In this sequel, we find Edward Cullen finally agreeing to commit to Bella Swan, for better or worse, even if that means eternity as a vampire. The usual chaos ensues when Bella unexpectedly becomes pregnant on her honeymoon pre-transformation, and battle lines are soon drawn between the Cullen family and Jacob's werewolf pack over the growing baby's fate. It's not so much the far fetched story line that left me rolling my eyes in disbelief, I know the film makers are just doing right by Stephenie Meyer's material and in truth, it's really no different than past sequels story wise. Instead, I felt the most unrealistic aspect of the film was the character's themselves, Jacob's never-ending devotion, Edward's borderline controlling nature, and Bella's inability to stand on her own two feet and become happy. Throughout all they've been through, all the obstacles they've overcome, they never fully develop as anything past one-dimensional. Bella even, during her long-awaited walk down the isle, a moment I'd say most girls cherish, looks absolutely miserable. Perhaps it's because she knows she'll never have a moment to herself again as Edward makes it his mission in life to watch over and protect her at every turn, and I do mean every. Even on their honeymoon, after the big moment happens, he decides that perhaps he's just too much for her to handle and tries to withhold affection from her throughout the trip, the basis for every healthy relationship I'm sure. However, it isn't long until Bella does become pregnant, leaving a livid Jacob distraught over Bella's deteriorating condition. I'm not sure what the proper edict is for finding your ex-love pregnant with a vampire baby, but blaming the husband seems a little odd to me. Jacob's outbursts only grow throughout the movie as he adjusts to losing Bella not only to Edward but to the baby, and instead of coming across as romantic or even endearing, I couldn't help but think he looked desperate and just needed to move on already. He's been pining over Bella since New Moon after all, and hasn't really had any feelings reciprocated in return, maybe he should have left Bella to Edward earlier and found another girl, werewolf or non, to love. Would have spared him a lot of time and hurt. Besides the lack of character development though, that could be argued in any Twilight sequel really, I felt the film running on fumes by the 117 min mark. Did they really have to separate the film into two parts, probably not, as I felt a majority of the movie dealt with potential werewolf attacks that never really come to fruition, and the anticipation of Bella giving birth. For any major Twilight fan, I'm sure the movie will be a treat for the eyes as always, as the Twilight series seems to steam ahead no matter what reviews stand in its way, however for somebody like me just hopping from film to film, I'd have to say Breaking Dawn - Part 1 doesn't rank too high among the saga's, it's more like the salad before the main course. Fills you up but leaves you still hungry and dissatisfied

Please Remake

Author: silvrsurfr from United States
29 January 2012

With apologies to the fans who are more die hard than myself and would love this movie no matter what - it was awful. If there were ever a movie I wished to see immediately redone, this is it. The first movie was riveting. This one had me checking my watch. The twinkle bell music running throughout most of the movie was hokey and annoying. Too much time was spent on the wedding. The visualizations were B movie quality, including Jacob's separation from the pack, Jacob's imprinting on Renesmee, and the nightmare. The love scenes should have been more subtly done, especially for the younger audience this series attracts. Another scene or two of Bella's internal agony while transforming should have been flashed. Finally, the hair and makeup in the first movie was perfect; every movie thereafter is completely unflattering to these gorgeous actors, except for Kristen and Taylor. The trailer of the movie was perfect and everything salvageable; if Bella waking up as a vampire were added to it, it'd be all of the movie I'd care for. Sorry folks, but I won't be adding this DVD to my collection.

fake

Author: Armand from Romania
22 June 2014

it is a cruel word but that is truth. because the seduction from the first parts is lost, the acting becomes more and more a sketch, the love story is unrealistic, the work of team has wrong map. basic problem - the large possibilities for make a decent film who are ignored. result, the charm of fights, the dramatic fight for young lady heart - this film confirms Jacob was the best choice and the option of writer/ scriptwriter was not inspired - are parts of past for a fake exercise of family crisis and few drops of Brasil.the problem is not that errors but the impression than Breaking Dawn 1 is the expected movie for teenagers. a fake movie. and that is all.

The worst Twilight yet

Author: Leofwine_draca from United Kingdom
26 May 2014

BREAKING DAWN - PART ONE is the penultimate entry in the teen vampire romance TWILIGHT saga, from the books by Stephenie Meyer. And it's an absolute stinker of a movie! I've been indifferent towards the other entries in this series, but they were masterpieces in comparison to this, one of the worst I've seen in a good while.

Everything is wrong with the film, but the story is particularly terrible. The actual number of events in the plot is extremely small, meaning that this is overlong and dragged out to an endless degree. For long, excruciating stretches of screen time, absolutely nothing happens. It's a story of a girl getting married to a vampire, and that's it. No conflict, nothing. Just boredom.

There's absolutely no reason to watch this. The leads, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, are clearly bored by the material and their characters are listless and lacking in emotion. The werewolf pack is shoehorned into the storyline once more but their presence is extraneous to say the least. And there's absolutely no suspense, no tension, no stand-out scenes to recommend. I think the book of BREAKING DAWN was split into two movies by Hollywood money-grubbers and, like HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART ONE, the resultant film turned out to be an exercise in greed, nothing more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Author: eline-hoskens from Antwerp, Belgium
11 August 2013

This movie started off with a big surprise! After all these bad previous movies, Bella still has friends who come to her wedding!!! Wow, they must be saints! After the wedding Bella and Edward go on honeymoon and so do all the crew members of the movie... The main characters have sex and break a bed, the moment all the fans have been waiting for. I'm not spoiling anything as you couldn't possibly spoil this movie.

After so many slow minutes of boringness Bella turns into her real pale and skeleton-skinny self and the movie comes to a disturbing climax. The end.

When the movie was over I wondered: "What the hell is still going to happen in the last movie?!" Indeed, you probably wonder why I kept watching the movies after the first one and especially after the second) as I have rated them 6-3-3-2 so far. The truth is: I was curious! After all the bullshit that has happened and that hasn't happened, I simply wondered how the story would end! Plus they were really entertaining! The first one I thought okay, interesting, inspiring even (in a good or bad way, I leave that to you) and the next ones were so bad that they were hilarious! So I did watch the last part and, gee, that review is surprisingly different...

To Be Continued...

Not worthy of any stars

Author: robfromfort from United Kingdom
26 March 2012

This should have been called Twilight: Boring Yawn.

Nothing happens and then some more nothing happens, followed by more of nothing finished with a little more nothing.

The other three films were all pretty good in their own right but this was frankly not worth the lost hours of my life.

My guess is this was just made reaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyy loooonnnnnnngggggg so they could rip it into two films and make double at the box office when the last one comes along.

Avoid this film at all costs, if you need to know what happens to understand the next film I've added the plot below.

*SPOILER/ TIME AND MONEY SAVER* She gets married and preggers, Jake gets angry a lot and she dies. Then she becomes a vampire with red eyes. Credits roll.