The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Page 8 of 46: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

A whole lot of cheese and misery

Author: kathiwitt from Germany
22 April 2012

Thank goodness I watched it with my friends and a lovely bottle of wine. We laughed a lot, because the film is hilarious and doesn't make sense. Watching Bella or her dad makes me feel uncomfortable. They are so depressing that they just drag you down with them. Bella constantly looks at the ground or is totally scared especially before her wedding. And Edward, well he is such a wimp. At least I laughed a lot, the dialogs are silly, the make up and wigs ( especially Carlisle's hair) look stupid and don't get me started on the wolves. I really liked the first Twilight movie, but Breaking Dawn is apart from the lovely house at the beach really rubbish and nothing really happens. It's boring, Bella is annoying, but everybody seems to fall for little Miss Misery. 2 points for having a blast with my friends, I am glad I didn't watch the film at the cinema.

twilight isn't a delight

Author: mmcca286
17 April 2012

First thing i have watched every one of the movies and i never thought i would watch any more after the first one because it was so annoying that i had to get up and leave half way through the movie and it was well worth getting yelled at by my girlfriend at the time, but i rather have got punched in the face than watch another second of the first one. and after that i was like I'm not watching any of the others, but thanks to my girlfriend i was drugged to the next one and after sitting through the whole movie just to see a ending that was just so redicious with Edward asking Bella to marry her and than blank screen then credits WTF so i decided now to watch all of the rest of the remaining movies just to make fun of and criticize the films. and if you don't know where I'm going with this i'll tell you the Twlight Seris are pointless and destroyed the image of the vampires, how can you take the blood sucking creatures and change them to these loving creatures is beyond my mind because vampires are not nice period point made and end of story. the whole Twlight series gets a dreaded but well deserved F in my opinion

Do they just get worse and worse!?

Author: hysteria zombie from London
14 April 2012

Wow.I just have to say that after watching this movie I have lost all interest in watching Part II. The first one was good,the second I didn't like very much,the third was okay,but this one.. Not to insult anyone but Kristen Stewart just did not do a good job at all! And the point is just...well there is no point of the entire movie! 1.The start is lifeless. 2.Everyone seems just...dull! 3.Why the f did he have to bite her 50 times!?

Honestly a three year old could have wrote a better scenario. And what is up with the whole "Jacob the protector" stuff!?

Not the worst movie I ever saw,just not one that I like,and I find it to be nothing more that 2 hours I will never get back.

If Part 1 was this, God only knows what Part 2 will be like.

Author: Christian_Dimartino from United States
5 April 2012

I have had a lot of difficulty getting involved in The Twilight Saga. I have seen all four, and none have completely satisfied me. The original is bad, but not that bad. The sequel IS that bad. The third one is the only one that doesn't completely blow. I actually felt hope for the series after seeing that one. Eclipse finally gave us more of a character background, and wasn't pain inducing-ly boring, which is just what Breaking Dawn Part 1, the fourth film, is.

The film doesn't really have much story wise. Bella(Kirsten Stewart) and Edward(Robert Pattinson) finally get married, and on their honeymoon Bella gets knocked up. Interesting, huh? Yeah, but all of that happens in a half an hour. What happens in the rest of the movie? It's not even worth me getting into it.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 is so boring. I mean, the others were too but this one is really boring. Stewart is a good actress, but not necessarily in these films. I've always felt her talent wasted here. In this one, she looks like hell. But I mean, if I were apart of this movie I would too.

The other actors, well, they deserve what they get. The acting here, for a while, wasn't that bad, until Jacob entered the situation. One of the best things about the original, I realize now, is the fact that Jacob is barely in it. Jacob, who is Bella's were-wolf friend played by Taylor Lautner, is extremely annoying.

When any of the wolves are on screen, the film loses whatever blood it had. Lautner is a terrible actor. Seeing him in the trailer for Abduction nearly made me vomit. Here, despite his abs, he is such an annoying pansy who just can't accept the fact that Edward is better than him. I really loathe Jacob.

I really just don't like these films. They're too boring, too cheesy, the dialogue is too hokey, and occasionally the films are un-intentionally hilarious. Is this as bad as New Moon? No, I will give it that. But yes, it is still a very bad movie, most likely one of the years worst films. Please, avoid at all costs.

C-

An Hour & A Half Of Filler, Followed By Twenty Minutes Of Awesome.

Author: Matt_Layden from Canada
29 March 2012

Victoria is dead, there is no longer any threat to Bella. So she and Edward get married, while on their honeymoon they do the dirty deed and oops, Bella gets pregnant. Vampire pregnant, which means the fetus is growing at 5 times the normal rate and is killing her from within. The wolf clan cannot have this, as it breaks their treaty somehow and they come to kill the baby. Now Jacob must team up with the people he hates, the Cullens, in order to protect Bella.

While this premise does sound interesting, it's a shame that the producers wanted to milk this poorly conceived franchise for every penny they can get. Instead of making one film, they split the story into two and Breaking Dawn Part 1 clearly suffers from over stuffing and filler. Nothing happens until the last twenty minutes of the film. We know they get married, we know they have sex and we know she gets pregnant. It takes way too long to get these plot points across. The wedding, the honeymoon and the pregnancy could have all happened in the first 30 minutes, but it's instead stretched to an obscene length.

Books have more room to breath. The world is created an the writer has hundreds of pages to tell their story. Films don't have this luxury, so when a film comes out based on a book, you need to chop out the stuff that's simply not needed or wouldn't translate well to the screen. Since the people behind this film want to make more money, they split the last film into two. WB did the same for Harry Potter, but I can forgive them because there is actual story to tell in that film, here there is nothing. She doesn't get pregnant until 50 minutes into the film. Which means we are stuck with boring characters either being jealous of what others have (Jacob) or two people having sex over and over (Edward/Bella). The amount of time that was dedicated to the honeymoon is insane. What should have been a ten minute sequence, at most, takes about 30 minutes of screen time.

Once Bella starts dying, the film tries to get into motion, but it's too late. When she goes into labor, that's when something finally interesting happens and the rest of the film makes for some of the most thrilling moments in the entire series. A standoff between the Cullens and the wolves is finally shown here, something that people have been waiting for since the first film. The tension between the two families finally explodes. This is exciting stuff, this is what people have been waiting for, but the film still suffers from bad CGI work when humans interact with the wolves. So the fight sequences, as exciting as they are, never really reach their full potential.

The final frame of the film is so obvious half way through that I actually chuckled to myself when it happened. I still can't shake the feeling that the conflict of the whole series finished with Eclipse and what we have left is an overstretched denouement. Am I excited for the next film? Not really. Half the job of Part 1 is to get you excited for the next, this film fails horribly at that. What's left to happen? An after the credits sequences is shown where we are given a glimpse of what to expect, but I'm too far drawn away from the conflict by that point.

Breaking Dawn is not the worst in the series, but clearly not the best. Had the film been one piece instead of two, then it would have been exciting. The simple fact that it drags on for so long is proof that splitting the film in two was a mistake, creatively. Financially, it's smart. Because young teenage girls will flock to anything, case in point -- this entire series.

Please Remake

Author: silvrsurfr from United States
29 January 2012

With apologies to the fans who are more die hard than myself and would love this movie no matter what - it was awful. If there were ever a movie I wished to see immediately redone, this is it. The first movie was riveting. This one had me checking my watch. The twinkle bell music running throughout most of the movie was hokey and annoying. Too much time was spent on the wedding. The visualizations were B movie quality, including Jacob's separation from the pack, Jacob's imprinting on Renesmee, and the nightmare. The love scenes should have been more subtly done, especially for the younger audience this series attracts. Another scene or two of Bella's internal agony while transforming should have been flashed. Finally, the hair and makeup in the first movie was perfect; every movie thereafter is completely unflattering to these gorgeous actors, except for Kristen and Taylor. The trailer of the movie was perfect and everything salvageable; if Bella waking up as a vampire were added to it, it'd be all of the movie I'd care for. Sorry folks, but I won't be adding this DVD to my collection.

Only You Can Prevent The Harm

Author: Rachel McReynolds from Loveland, CO
9 February 2015

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Oh look a NOPEmovie. If you ever come across this film in your travels, do the world a favor; take it from where you have found it, set it gently on the ground, take a machine gun and unload a round or two into it. After you've finished with that, scoop up the remains, then transport those remains to the nearest fire. When there is nothing but ashes left, sweep up those ashes and deposit them into a container of acid. Take that container of acid and travel to the deepest body of water you can find and release that acid into the middle of it. Then we can rest assured it can't hurt anyone else. You can help all of your fellow humans by deciding to take these simple steps to avoid the pain and suffering. Thank you.

Mdu's Clearer Than This!

Author: harconn21 from Canada
2 November 2014

OK, the only thing interesting about this first part is the wedding. The shots were nicely done, and the dress was too, but other than that, there was no life to Breaking Dawn pt 1.

Makeup was nicely done during Bella's pregnancy though.

I'm glad I went through my teenage years during Harry Potter, because that series is much more interesting - and with both the books and movies - more profitable.

Since first coming across Meyer's books when they first came out, I've always been of the opinion that she was simply riding Rowling's coat tails in a sense, trying to be as successful but with crappy material. I never read the books, but the movies speak for them as to how bad they are.

The worst Twilight yet

Author: Leofwine_draca from United Kingdom
26 May 2014

BREAKING DAWN - PART ONE is the penultimate entry in the teen vampire romance TWILIGHT saga, from the books by Stephenie Meyer. And it's an absolute stinker of a movie! I've been indifferent towards the other entries in this series, but they were masterpieces in comparison to this, one of the worst I've seen in a good while.

Everything is wrong with the film, but the story is particularly terrible. The actual number of events in the plot is extremely small, meaning that this is overlong and dragged out to an endless degree. For long, excruciating stretches of screen time, absolutely nothing happens. It's a story of a girl getting married to a vampire, and that's it. No conflict, nothing. Just boredom.

There's absolutely no reason to watch this. The leads, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, are clearly bored by the material and their characters are listless and lacking in emotion. The werewolf pack is shoehorned into the storyline once more but their presence is extraneous to say the least. And there's absolutely no suspense, no tension, no stand-out scenes to recommend. I think the book of BREAKING DAWN was split into two movies by Hollywood money-grubbers and, like HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART ONE, the resultant film turned out to be an exercise in greed, nothing more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Author: eline-hoskens
11 August 2013

This movie started off with a big surprise! After all these bad previous movies, Bella still has friends who come to her wedding!!! Wow, they must be saints! After the wedding Bella and Edward go on honeymoon and so do all the crew members of the movie... The main characters have sex and break a bed, the moment all the fans have been waiting for. I'm not spoiling anything as you couldn't possibly spoil this movie.

After so many slow minutes of boringness Bella turns into her real pale and skeleton-skinny self and the movie comes to a disturbing climax. The end.

When the movie was over I wondered: "What the hell is still going to happen in the last movie?!" Indeed, you probably wonder why I kept watching the movies after the first one and especially after the second) as I have rated them 6-3-3-2 so far. The truth is: I was curious! After all the bullshit that has happened and that hasn't happened, I simply wondered how the story would end! Plus they were really entertaining! The first one I thought okay, interesting, inspiring even (in a good or bad way, I leave that to you) and the next ones were so bad that they were hilarious! So I did watch the last part and, gee, that review is surprisingly different...

To Be Continued...