The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Page 6 of 44: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

worst movie ever.

Author: teejay1784 from California
31 January 2012

This movie is so bad. It doesn't even deserve 1 star. The script, acting (with the exemption of Anna Kendrick) and just about everything are awful. The movie extras have more talent than the main characters. This is not worth renting nor pirating. The actors are horrible. When Bella was walking down the aisle, I couldn't make out of her expression if not constipated while faking an orgasm... it was so hilarious and I was laughing my ass off her through out the whole movie. The makeup isn't creative at all too. They look more like ghosts than vampires. Their faces are so white and didn't look real at all. I enjoyed watching the Twilight parody, Vampire Sucks more than this. Anyway, I have billions of bad things to say about the movie and not one good. It's not too late yet... the last movie hasn't been released yet. If I were them I would recast and re shoot the last movie.

God warned me... but I refused to listen

Author: mebemaurice from United States
26 January 2012

SPOILERS BELOW!!!! PLEASE BE AWARE

Puh-lease. As I am writing this review, I'm crying; not because of the "epic" story lines etc, but because I've wasted 2 hours of my life.

So, the film was released around November and I kept wanting to see it but something kept telling me: Don't!! Don't!!.. so I was like okay that must be god and he probably wants me to wait until its out on BLU-RAY.

Today, I was watching Friends With Benefits online and it froze so I chose to just watch breaking dawn.

First 3 minutes were so exciting to watch... I was so ready - knowing that I was kind of a Twilight fan from the previous ones.

This one is a huge let down... seriously. If you want to pull a prank on your friend and bore him to death, make him watch this movie!!

Please, I beg you... don't watch this rubbish!! You are going to regret it.

I've never seen so much bad acting. THIS MOVIE DEFINITELY MAKES 'BEASTLY' LOOK LIKE IT'S WORTH AN Oscar, A GOLDEN GLOBE AND ANYTHING ELSE. THE WORST FILM I HAVE HAD TO SIT THROUGH...

"Part 2, later this year".... Part 2 my butt! I ain't watching it. This one doesn't deserve a part 2.

Bella always looks like she forgot her lines and... ugh!! just so dumb... everything feels rushed... even though the film is like 2 hours... I don't know it lacks so much detail.

PLEASE!!!! I PROMISE YOU!!! DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID!!! .... AND LISTEN TO GOD WHENEVER YOU GET A SIGN! P.S I don't know how ANYONE IN THE WORLD could say this was the best movie ever.. I pity them.

Director???

Author: kerryfrank73
15 January 2012

I am not in love with the direction of this film. Twilight was much stronger from just about every aspect even with its low budget and Jacobs odd, awkwardly styled hair.

Bill Condon takes it over the top in the wedding scene and pushes it in the wrong direction away from paranormal romance and young love augmenting it into some odd wannabe "cult classic" genre which it falls short of as well. Each progression of this series has become more and more dependent on special effects to save the movie. Breaking Dawn is no exception.

This film lacked just about everything for me. When I get up to use the bathroom the first time through, well....

Edward and Bella finally have sex

Author: freemantle_uk from United Kingdom
4 January 2013

No matter what I or any one else say, there will be a lot of people who have already made up their minds on whether they are going to The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 and the most positive or negative reviews will never change that. Opinions between Twi-hards and Twi-haters are extremely polarised, but it is my duty to give an honest opinion on the latest chapter of the saga.

It has finally happened. Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Bella (Kristen Stewart) have tied the knot and, despite some pre-wedding nerves, it seems like a success. The two lovers spend their honeymoon on a tropical island off the coast of Brazil and we get the moment we have all been waiting for: they finally have sex. But a shock is in store when Bella ends up pregnant (remember kids, always practise safe sex) and the human-vampire foetus is killing her from the inside. As the Cullens try to save Bella, the Quileute tribe set out to kill her and the child, believing it will be a threat and abomination. Jacob (Taylor Lautner) ends up being torn between his loyalty to the tribe, his hatred for Edward, and his love for Bella.

There is a new trend in Hollywood to split book adaptations into two parts. It made sense with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because that was a long novel with a many elements that were interlinked and it needed to be told in two parts, but "Breaking Dawn Part 1" was trying to stretch the material to fit the allocated time. There are numerous montages, such as the honeymoon, which could have easily been shortened to make a single, stronger movie. The film had very little plot too; it's basically about a complicated pregnancy that just happened to feature vampires and werewolves.

There is a melodramatic tone throughout, amplified by the music, whether it was the piano-heavy soft moments, the epic score (often played over non-epic moments), or the emo rock songs. A little melodrama is fine, but it goes on for most of the movie, and when there is little hook of a story, it just becomes a drag. Even people who are fans to the series will admit that dialogue has never been its strong suit. Bill Condon attempts to make the sex scene and honeymoon to be tender, but it came off more sappy and overbearing.

"Part 1's" strength is that it is the best-acted of the series. Stewart certainly gives it a good go and Lautner gives what is a half-way decent performance. Pattinson was slumming it, but with some of the cheesy dialogue he has to say, even someone like Laurence Olivier would have struggled.

Condon does have a few moments of visual darkness, including the dream sequence in the beginning with its juxtaposition of bright white clothing and blood and Bella and Edward standing on top of a load of corpses. The birth scene was actually intense and gory. But these are counter-balanced with goofy moments, one of the most infamous being a psychic werewolf argument.

The whole wedding sequence and honeymoon plays like a young girl's fantasy, sort of idealistic. This is fine, but hardly dramatic and not likely to have wide appeal.

Previous "Twilight" movies have had some interesting side issues that could and should have been explored. This is not the case with "Part 1." There are no issues of a man resisting his urges and dark side, a young teen forced into being a vampire, an army of powerful new vampires being formed and the idea of there being a vampire council. There is nothing like that. The few themes there are include a look into Edward's past, a brief debate about abortion and the idea of imprinting, which is basically brainwashing. A better idea could be looking at somebody forcing someone else to love them. That would be a dark story.

"Breaking Dawn Part 1" is the weakest movie in the series I have seen so far and I speak as someone who is neutral to the overall experience.

Please visit www.entertainmentfuse.com

Breaking What ???

Author: GengDee from United States
29 December 2011

This movie should be renamed "Breaking Wind" .... because that is absolutely what it is ... NO substance, all stink. I don't think the English language has words adequate enough to express how much this movie SUCKS.

Sitting through this thing was excruciating. The plot revolves around one egocentric, selfish, immature, mentally-weak, childish, unmotivated and impudent female, surrounded by a family of weak-minded, sickeningly over-sensitive, maudlin vampires, and one stupid Indian that turns his back on his own to protect this waste-of-a-woman that has already cast him aside like yesterday's garbage. In addition to being stupid, he's one of the world's biggest suckers. What a loser.

So there's the plot. Yup .. that's it. The movie could have been over in about 3 minutes, and saved us the agony.

If there was any justice in this world, those friggin' Quileutes wolves would have killed both Bella and that demon-spawn, and we would be rid of them and this whole series. And they should have killed that puxxy-boy Jacob while they were at it .. and for that matter, that whole vampire clan, except for Ashley Greene ... she should be kept as a Quileute sex slave. And I never realized that vamps could be such weenies ... especially that Edward fool. If I do have to watch the next and hopefully last installment of this disastrous series, I hope the Volturi come in and kill the whole Cullen clan (except Ashley Greene), and that idiot-Indian.

What surprises me most about the entire "Twilight" franchise is the huge disparity in the respective ratings by males and females. I have never seen such a difference. And it begs the question: Is Bella the standard to which modern-day females aspire? Do females really think that the world should kowtow to such a woman JUST because she's a woman?

And do women think that this is a love story?

HELLO !!!! This is not a love story. It's simply a sad portrait of female self-aggrandizement.

Pitiful.....

Except for Ashley Greene

I am toooooooo disappointed....

Author: kat_777 from Kerala, India
16 December 2011

DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU Haven't SEEN THE MOVIE....

Once upon a time even i was a die hard twilight saga fan... but not anymore... i am on boys side... with the movie these guys are just throwing away their names...

the plot was too weak....

the movie ends when Bella opens her eyes as a vampire... the ending was just like avatar.. people were applauding and all but there did come situations when i felt like booing...

performances were terrible..

Kristen Stewart was as usual... Stereotyped.. shaking her head a lot, overreacting when she was nervous and above keeping her mouth open all the time thinking that it is her million dollar facial expression... (try not to see much movies of hers, she can have a really bad effect on you)

Rober Pattinson is becoming worse and worse as the series goes on... he was pretty remarkable in the first movie with controlled expressions and personality... He showed exactly how Edward is in the books... but since the second movie..dunno what happened.. I loved Edward but not the kind of person shown in the succeeding twilight movies... He talked as if he is weightlifting and some parts especially in this movie he failed...

The scene Bella gives birth is one of the worst scenes you see..

( some felt sad because they liked the characters and movies...) scene were she becomes paralyzed was totally spoiled... we expect good performances. the scene didn't click as it is supposed to. like Jacob crying outside the house and Edward trying to revive her... all those scenes didn't click well.. there Robert's performance was terrible because i saw a similar scene in two other movie where the performances were just incredible... i just could not help comparing this with the other films...

so all i could say is that, if you want to give it a shot okay go ahead.. i have decided to part 2 anyway and i am having absolutely no great expectations from it...

Breaking Dawn - Disappointed.

Author: janedoe1901 from Greece
12 December 2011

I like Breaking Dawn, the book! Read it like a gazillion times. I was waiting for the movie for a long time, I am not a "Twiheart" but, I enjoyed the books and the movies, so far. But...

What was that?? I mean..Writer Melissa Rosenberg ruined the movie for me. I was waiting to see Charlies reaction when Bella & Edward told him that they are getting married. Nothing! It was one of the scenes I wanted so much to see! (I love Charlie) She didn't add crucial scenes, like the one Edward is the man who burns in frond of Jake, and he asks him crazy stuff to save Bella, the real bonding of Liah and Jake, Jake tries to Inprint on the first girl he sees in that park, to forget his love for Bella. He was supposed to "shine" in this part, honesty, didn't see that. And the part that he claims the Leadership, to be the Alpha..My God it was so Cheesy and cartoon like! The imprint, I liked it, but I was so simple! Didn't like also that the Pack attacked the Cullens, that doesn't happen! One last thing I hated, was Bellas burning. In the book, she hang on, thinking of all the people she love, but all we see in the movie is blood, cells and probably, the venom! If you haven't read the books, and you will see the burning scene, you can't understand what the heck is going on!

The point of splitting one book, in two movies, is that you can give the fans all that they anticipated. Yea, didn't happen for me. The stuff I actually like, have nothing to do with the awful writing of Melissa Rosenberg. It was the part of Bella looking all skinny and fragile, and the scene that she turns. Her face turned gracefully. Props to that, very good job. Hope Part 2 is better than the first one.

I wanted so much to like it, but unfortunately I didn't. Thank you for reading it, tell me what you think!

Booooring

Author: dimonosads from Cyprus
3 December 2011

There are people who hate this Saga, there are people who love it. I am neither hater, nor fan of it. And since I've seen only first movie, which in fact is not as bad as people might say, I didn't get annoyed or aspired by all the other parts. Basically, I took a neutral position when I went to see this movie in a cinema.

I think, it would be appropriate to begin with a storyline. It is pretty solid and doesn't become clumsy over time. However, a lot of movie moments seem to be over dramatized or at least the plot is literally being sucked out of a finger. And the dialogs make the movie even more boring that it might have been.

Unfortunately, poor acting only adds up negative points to movie. From time to time it was hard to believe that the main characters got any emotions.

The final blow is brought by CGI effects. It's like if someone tried to make a movie with a 10-year old computer. That's clearly unacceptable for a high budget movie.

If the movie was incredibly bad or annoying it would be at least fun to watch how it fails. But no it's not that kind of movies. It's soulless. It's an unpleasant experience. It's dull.

booo twilight

Author: station342 from United States
6 December 2011

As sat and watched Breaking Dawn part 1, I came to the realization that I'm watching poop in film form. If they were to make a movie about human fesses it would be called the Twilight saga. How is it possible that is horrible films are so profitable? Did the writer sell her soul? I mean I just can't explain it. They are by far the worst series of film I've bare witness to. What has happened to our youth, why are they so dumb now. Could it be global warming? In one scene the wolf boy falls in love with a new born cg baby. Yes in love ready to marry the baby. Hell has a special place for all who took part in the Twilight saga.

No make sense... "breaking the movie in 2 parts??"

Author: Daniel Sanchez from Mexico
29 November 2011

I am not a big fan of the twilight saga, but I have enjoyed the previous movies. What no make really sense to me (other than box office earnings) is to "break" this last book in two parts.

The film is really slow paced and in my opinion can be shorted to 1 hour without missing any important plot. Harry Potter was different, two films about 2 hours each, with enough story to make them even longer, so I understand the two Harry Potter 7 films. I really hope Breaking Down Part2 reinvindicates this terrible film.

(SHORT SPOILER AHEAD)By the way, the ending was so lack of originality. Did you remember Avatar ending scene? Same here.