The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Page 11 of 44: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

The metaphor for disease....

Author: FlashCallahan from Leicester, United Kingdom
6 December 2012

Bella and Edward are marry. Jacob becomes vexed when he learns that Bella is planning to consummate the marriage on her honeymoon.

Bella and Edward spend their honeymoon on the Cullen's idyllic private island, but, to their dismay, they discover that Bella is pregnant.

The foetus is at an accelerated rate and everyone fears for Bella's health.

The Quileutes close in as the unborn child poses a threat to the Wolf Pack and the towns people of Forks....

So it's come to the wedding, and the film does a Harry Potter by splitting the final book into two, and sadly, it's a pretty boring affair.

They get married, go on a honeymoon, meet a maid who's a bit nuts, get pregnant and Baella get's ill.

And it feels like a life time when you watch it.

Sheen pops up right at the last minute, and it's the best thing about the film.

But to see the conclusion, one has to see this, and it's really as if Condon is saving his wild card for the last chapter...

One of the worst movies I have ever seen!!

Author: enriqueperezp1 from Mexico
30 November 2012

This movie feels so unnecessary, especially because the book of twilight breaking dawn hasn't a lot of material to work with, i mean look at harry potter and the deathly hallows, that movie was made in 2 parts because it had enough material to work with and also I enjoyed the book, but breaking dawn, making it 2 parts, seriously?

Anyway this movie is BORING,SPOILERS it takes like 30 minutes until we get to see the wedding but before the wedding we have stupid and boring conversations between the other characters of the movie, which I am not interested, but lets continue, finally they are married,Bella and Edward have sex and now Bella is pregnant, but she is pregnant of a baby that is killing herself and Edward and the other characters have to save Bella but the baby is born, Bella dies but then she is revived as a vampire,WHY???????????

If you have not seen this movie then do not watch it

action washed away by suds

Author: Roland E. Zwick (magneteach@aol.com) from United States
31 March 2012

If you're developing cold feet at the prospect of tying the knot - especially if you happen to be human and your intended a vampire - you may want to avoid watching "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1," written by Melissa Rosenberg and directed by Bill Condon. And if you are contemplating having a baby with a vampire, then you REALLY don't want to catch this fourth film based on the series of phenomenally successful novels by Stephanie Meyer.

In this installment, Bella (Kristen Stewart) and her dreamy vampire boyfriend Edward (Robert Pattinson) finally get hitched, but happiness is fleeting for the newlyweds as the still-human Bella finds herself coping with the most disturbing and problematic movie pregnancy since "Rosemary's Baby" (or "Alien," if you want to count that as a pregnancy).

In purely narrative terms, this is a fairly static entry in the series, as Bella wastes away to skeletal status through the ordeal, and everyone sits around discussing the moral implications of having an unprecedented cross-species child, especially when the birth experience itself will likely spell death for the mother. There's a halfhearted attempt at revving up the action when the werewolves threaten to intervene by killing Bella, but the star-crossed and loyalty-divided Jacob (Taylor Lautner) defuses the situation in quick order (it also leads to a ludicrous voice-over conversation among the wolves that provides some unintentional laughs for the audience).

Still, Stewart gets to do more intense acting than she has thus far in the series, and Bella's transformation plus the addition of the child offer new story possibilities for "Breaking Dawn - Part 2," due for release in November 2012.

Actually it's not OK

Author: kosmasp
19 March 2012

I'm assuming you have seen the trailer for the movie (though I guess most don't even care for that, so most reviews will mention what I do, without a "warning"), so there is no spoiler in here for you. I'm going to tackle a few things that it reveals (of course in the movie in a bigger scale), that are just insane.

While I thought the first Twilight movie was exactly what it promised to be (a wet teenage girls dream, literally in both senses), the subsequent movies (and I assume books, though I haven't read them) seem to lose their focus. While even with the first one I was sure someone ripped of Buffy and mixed it with OC (or any other soap that has beautiful people in it for that matter), I'm not sure what this latest installment is trying to do.

Except having a very bad message for teenage girls (target audience!). It promotes violent intercourse as is obvious by the trailer and even more apparent in the movie. It is also pro Life, in a way that puts Rosemarys Baby into shame. And all the way through you get the pain (maybe even physical) through your bones. Irrational seeming decisions and longing looks make this seem like a parody in itself. But it never quite achieves to really amuse you (although "Vampires Suck" couldn't achieve that either).

So while there are still fans out there (and they will strongly disagree with me), who know their books (I even got schooled on some interactions that are only hinted at in the movie), this is a real dangerous movie for all the wrong reasons

Dawn is breaking, and the audience is going to sleep

Author: Samiam3 from Canada
8 March 2012

Taking a nose dive down from the certain enthusiasm that was visible in Eclipse, the Twilight saga just went from lean and mean, back to boring and broody.

Breaking Dawn Part 1 is a film so confusing in its execution that if it were not for the overall lack of blood, I might assume it was a Roger Corman film. It is vile and unsympathetic, and the strangest part is that the way it ends, you might feel like there is no way that a part 2 is necessary. Part 1, might have even been that much more powerful without the knowledge that another film is on the way. This one concludes in the sort of manner that gives the audience an opportunity to use their imagination. Subsequently, the ending is the only good part of the movie; the rest is nonsense.

In addition to having the worst acting of any of the films yet, the character interaction is once again beyond explanation. Most of the movie is spent in the Cullen household with the family and Jacob trying to keep Bella alive, while the baby inside her is draining her of life. A lot of useless dialogue gets exchanged in addition to a lot of grumbling (mostly from Jacob ... again). I also found it humorous how everybody waits for each other to finish a sentence in scenes that are suppose to be filled with panic. These are the kind of scenes where everyone should be scrambling and interrupting each other among other things. I felt like I was watching a play at times. Some credit should go towards the make up department for making Bella look scrawny and disgusting in the latter scenes. The quality of her face now matches the quality of her line delivery.

Breaking Dawn, in trying to be a little bit more dark and sinister than the previous movies, instead has become more boring. There's no other simple way to put it ... it's just boring.

Bill Condon disappointed me

Author: Vlad Topliceanu from Romania
4 March 2012

This film was sad... I was expecting something better, especially because Bill Condon was directing this. He directed one of my favourite movies of all time, "Gods and Monsters" alongside with other movies like "Kinsey" or "Dreamgirls". Considering this, I was very disappointed.

The original score of this film is not at all appealing and combined with the bad sound editing makes the movie difficult and unpleasant to listen to.(I mean while you are watching it, it doesn't sound good; you know what I mean). Although some people found the acting "mesmerizing", I thought it was dull and how could it be any different in a movie where almost nothing happens. The script was empty and had no sparkle whatsoever.

I consider this movie had no chance of being good from the start, because to me, the premise seems idiotic. I know it's a romantic vampire film, but at least make me believe the humans in this movie are in their right minds.

All in all, I do not think this was the worst movie in the series. I think The Twilight Saga: New Moon still has that covered. But I am fairly disappointed in Bill Condon because, not only did he choose to be part of this project, but above all, this film was not directed well.

As Bad as New Moon or maybe Worse

Author: pc95 from San Diego
3 March 2012

Probably as bad as "New Moon", an awful first half drags "Breaking Dawn" down pretty far. The whole highly overcooked romance honeymoon-thing dragged out and made me wanna ralph it was so poorly done and kooky. The cheese in these scenes could've taken your nose off. Equally bad was the MTV music cuts, that were littered in scene after scene after scene ad nauseum. Some of the earlier Twilight films and likewise many younger filmmakers and films seem to have a problem with awful music videos that really detract and distract from the main movie content. Only thanks to finally a bit of tension and conflict in the last 30 min, does the movie manage to semi-salvage some interest, but not much or enough. It was a kooky Rosemary's Baby somehow infests the Twilight brand. More to come it seems

Breaking Yawn

Author: elliott78212 from United States
26 February 2012

I cannot even begin to tell you the high hopes I had for this installment in a series that has not really grabbed me and made me even want to pick up the books when I heard Bill Condon was directing because I am on of his biggest fans. You could have just stabbed my eyes to keep me awake this yawner was the worst in the series and while I cannot even give an average score to any of them this one just killed it for me nail in the coffin its boring. The best scene and I kid you not is the wedding which was staged so beautifully but how much more of this tripe am I going to endure as a horror fan. This movie makes some SyFy Saturday movies look like masterpieces. Really Bill Condon can do much better and since I have never read the books was this really worth the budget. I won't even go into the lifeless performances or the nearly lethargic pace. Jacob imprinting on an infant really??? I apologize for all those misguided kids waiting in lines to see this marathon of yawn. I know there is potential there to tell a compelling Story at least the last two movies had moments that kept me interested in the story see where it goes now I just don't care.

A step backward in the Francise

Author: kdnor2011 from United States
25 February 2012

I'm not a Twilight Fan, or a Twilight hater, I just don't care. I didn't like the first film, it wasn't horrible but it was just so boring. Then I saw the second one, and was surprised, it wasn't really good, but it was entertaining at parts. Then Eclipse, I would actually call that film OK. So you see where this is going, each film got progressively better, so I was hoping that this film would go into the category of pretty good. It didn't.

This film takes a step backwards, I'm not sure if it's better or worse than the first one, but it's pretty lame. It's kind of sad because there were actually some pretty cool things in this movie. Maybe it was just me, but when Bella was getting ready to walk down the aisle, it kind of looked like she was having second thoughts about marrying Edward and literally throwing her life away, that was pretty cool. The action scenes are fun, but there aren't enough of them. And Bella cares about someone besides herself, that alone makes gives this film a couple of points. And the ending shot was pretty cool.

But as for the bad, there is not enough material for a two hour movie. There are so many scenes that have no purpose and just drag on for too long. Also, the acting is bland. I actually like the three main actors, I've liked Kristen Stewart and Robert Paterson in other movies, and I think Taylor Lautner might be able to act, but the dialog they are forced to speak is just awful. Edward keeps referring to his child as a thing. And there are some incredibly stupid moments, including a scene where the werewolves communicate telepathically. Guys, that may work in the book, but in a movie, that just looks stupid. And someone pointed something interesting out, if Edward is dead, that means he has no blood, thus he can't get an erection to get Bella pregnant.

Overall this movie was incredibly forgettable. It had some interesting parts, but it was pulled down by too many scenes that had nothing to do with the plot. Bland acting, awful dialog, and way too many stupid moments. Let's just hope part 2 will be better. From what I hear (I didn't stay after the credits), Dakota Fanning is supposed to be the villain of the next movie.

What the hell was that.

Author: Rukia Kurosaki from United States
4 February 2012

That was the worst movie that I've ever laid my eyes on. The books were somewhat enjoyable, and the first movie was okay. It just all went downhill from there. Bella and Edward scenes were composed only of bad acting and kissing, the two alternating every few seconds. I swear, those sex scenes were way to long and a few seconds would be enough to get the viewers to see the point. Bella just appears as a sex-craving teenager throughout the whole first half of the movie. The wolf scenes were a joke. I don't think anyone could've possibly taken those seriously. The way those scenes were described in the book was so detailed and emphasized, all thrown aside in the movie. I don't remember anything about the wolves attacking the vampires at all, but I guess somehow there was a reason to put it in there. Bottom line, the movie was utterly horrible, though most viewers will continue to Part Two; half are haters who want to continue hating, half are fans who want more. Whatever happens, there will always be someone around to see the next part. I'd rather not be part of that crowd.