IMDb > "The Legend of Neil" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Legend of Neil" More at IMDbPro »

First Review

Author: Slopmaster4001 from Phoenix, AZ
30 September 2009

They've been doing LON for a little while now and I'm surprised to find no comments on it. Granted, it doesn't have the name Joss Wheadon and the fame of Nathan Fillion or Neil Patrick Harris in "Doctor Horribles Sing Along Blog" but it's every bit as funny. Considering the low budget nature of LON the production values are amazing and when the effects or the setting is obviously low budget it serves the joke and delivers the laugh.

The series was created by Sandeep Parikh who is a director, some-times actor and musician. The man is a threat on several levels and I hope he ends up doing bigger and better things. This guy could very well be the next Mike Judge if given the chance and he has a good start already. The actor playing Link / Neil is Tony Janning who is incredibly funny as the reluctant hero who accidentally gets sucked into the world of The Legend Of Zelda (first game).

The rest of the cast is just as funny but obviously Tony Janning is the star here and I hope like the rest of the cast he gets the recognition he deserves. I want to site one other cast member in this series is Eric Acosta who plays Wizrobe. He steals the scene every time he is on screen which are mostly with Gannon. He reminds of a happier version of Ben Stiller and just as funny.

Over all this small web based series is incredibly funny and despite the fact that the episodes are generally under four minutes they manage to pack every moment with jokes. Before I wrap up my interview I know mentioned Joss Wheadon's "Doctor Horrible" and it is funny but LON did it's own musical episode this second season. Felicia Day who was in "Doctor Horrible" is also the nymph fairy in LON. This is not intended as a spoiler but at the beginning of the musical episode when a male fairy tries to get her to sing she says "Well, I'm not really into online musicals" That's a very funny line considering what she had done before LON.

Bottom line, I encourage everyone to check out this series because it will make you laugh every time.