The Expendables (2010) - News Poster

News

Arnold Schwarzenegger Joins Michael Fassbender In ‘Kung Fury’

Arnold Schwarzenegger (Terminator, The Expendables) will join Academy Award® Nominee Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class, Alien: Covenant, Steve Jobs) and David Hasselhoff (Baywatch, Knight Rider) in David Sandberg’s action-comedy Kung Fury, which Sandberg will also star in and produce under his Laser Unicorns’ banner, alongside Fassbender. David Katzenberg, Seth Grahame-Smith and Aaron Schmidt will produce under their KatzSmith Productions banner, following their enormous success with It, which grossed over $700 million worldwide, becoming the largest grossing horror film of all time as of last year. Philip Westgren of B-Reel Films and Conor McCaughan will also produce. Pelle Strandberg is executive producing on behalf of Laser Unicorns.

Endeavor Content and CAA will handle North American sales. Bloom is handling international sales and introduced the film to buyers at the Efm earlier this week.

It’s 1985, the best year ever. Miami is kept safe under the watchful eye of Kung Fury, the
See full article at The Hollywood News »

Arnold Schwarzenegger Joins Kung Fury Movie

Arnold Schwarzenegger Joins Kung Fury Movie
Bloom announced today that Golden Globe Winner Arnold Schwarzenegger (Terminator, The Expendables) will join Academy Award Nominee Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class, Alien: Covenant, Steve Jobs) and David Hasselhoff (Baywatch, Knight Rider) in David Sandberg's action-comedy Kung Fury, which Sandberg will also star in and produce under his Laser Unicorns' banner, alongside Fassbender. David Katzenberg, Seth Grahame-Smith and Aaron Schmidt will produce under their KatzSmith Productions banner, following their enormous success with It, which grossed over $700 million worldwide, becoming the largest grossing horror film of all time as of last year. Philip Westgren of B-Reel Films and Conor McCaughan will also produce. Pelle Strandberg is executive producing on behalf of Laser Unicorns.

Endeavor Content and CAA will handle North American sales. Bloom is handling international sales and introduced the film to buyers at the Efm earlier this week. The original short film Kung Fury, which Hasselhoff also starred in, was
See full article at MovieWeb »

Wonder Woman 2 working title prompts speculation about the sequel’s villain

With director Patty Jenkins hard at work in development on Wonder Woman 2, Omega Underground is reporting that the sequel to last year’s DC Extended Universe blockbuster is going by the working title Magic Hour, prompting speculation as to which villain Gal Gadot’s Amazon Princess could be facing.

As the site notes, this could potentially be a hint at the involvement of the DC sorceress Circe, who was rumoured as a potential antagonist for the first movie, with Eva Green (Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children) said to have been under consideration.

Based upon the Greek mythological figure, Circe made her first appearance in Wonder Woman #37 back in 1949, with the character reimagined by George Perez in 1988. At this point, her inclusion in the sequel is simply speculation, and it is entirely possible that the working title is simply random, and Warner Bros. could be going down a different route for its antagonist.
See full article at Flickeringmyth »

Terry Crews Says ‘Expendables 4’ Producer Pressured Him to Drop Suit Against Wme

  • The Wrap
Terry Crews Says ‘Expendables 4’ Producer Pressured Him to Drop Suit Against Wme
Terry Crews has suggested that he is being pressured to drop his lawsuit against his former agency, William Morris Endeavor, after he accused demoted agent Adam Venit of groping his genitals at a 2016 Hollywood party. On Saturday, Crews tweeted that his management team received a call from Avi Lerner, producer of the long-running action movie franchise “The Expendables,” that he could “avoid any ‘problems’ on the sequel if I dropped my case.” The former football star turned actor also noted that franchise star Sylvester Stallone is repped by Venit, who was demoted but not fired following an internal review by...
See full article at The Wrap »

Wonder Woman 2 Targets Summer Start Date in the U.K.

It looks like Wonder Woman 2 will be returning to a familiar location as the movie is reportedly shooting in the U.K. this summer. The first Wonder Woman was partially shot there and it looks like Warner Bros. is sending director Patty Jenkins and star Gal Gadot back that way for the highly-anticipated sequel. Shooting this summer will give them plenty of time to finish the movie ahead of its November 1, 2019, release date.

We reported back in October that the studio was looking to shoot the sequel this summer, but it's good to know things have stayed on track for Wonder Woman 2. Warner Bros. deciding to at least partially shoot the movie in the U.K. isn't all that surprising, as they have their Leavesden, England, stage space there. Wonder Woman and Justice League, as well as the Harry Potter movies, The Dark Knight and the upcoming Tomb Raider
See full article at MovieWeb »

"Red Sonja" - Magic and Mead

  • SneakPeek
Dynamite Entertainment's "Red Sonja" #12, available January 17, 2018 is written by Amy Chu and illustrated by Carlos E. Gomez, with covers by Ben Caldwell, Juan Doe and Andre Araujo:

"...leaving a world of fast motorcycles and cold beer...

"...'Sonja' returns to a more familiar setting of swords and magic and mead. 

"At a nearby tavern she learns strange magic is afoot in this land...

"...and that a desperate priest is offering mercenaries some serious gold for a dangerous job..."

In other 'Red Sonja" news,  Millennium Media ("The Expendables") are currently developing a remake of the 1985 feature "Red Sonja":

"Red Sonja" was created by writer Roy Thomas and illustrator Barry Smith, as a female foil to their Marvel Comics version of author Robert E. Howard's "Conan the Barbarian".

Millennium's Avi Lerner and Joe Gatta, Cinelou's Mark Canton and Courtney Solomon will produce the new film.

Howard created female warriors 'Bêlit' and 'Valeria',
See full article at SneakPeek »

Ivan Drago’s Son Has Been Cast In ‘Creed II’

Ivan Drago’s son has reportedly been cast in the sequel to 2015’s Creed. Romanian boxer Florian ‘Big Nasty’ Munteanu will assume the role in the film, which is set to start shooting very soon for a release later in the year.

The news comes via the Tracking Board, who also reports that Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren are set to reprise their roles as Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago. The two last met on-screen as the characters in Rocky IV, but the two actors have teamed up for The Expendables movies in more recent years.

Michael B. Jordan will reprise the title role as Adonis Creed in the sequel, which has already secured a release date Stateside on 21st November 2018. Steven Caple Jr. (The Land) is directing this time around.

Creed made a whopping $173 million around the world and even bagged Stallone an Oscar nomination. It was released in
See full article at The Hollywood News »

Sylvester Stallone confirms The Expendables 4 is back on track

  • HeyUGuys
Author: Zehra Phelan

Sylvester Stallone has been leaking information on his Instagram again, This time, over the weekend he has hinted at a return to the Expendables in its fourth instalment.

Related: Watch our archive premiere interviews for The Expendables 3

Having posted an old photo which consisted of himself alongside action man Jason Statham and Randy Couture with the text “We are the shadows and the smoke, we rise. We are the ghosts that in the night… Just when you thought it was safe to go outside…They’re coming back!.”

Just when you thought it was safe to go outside…They’re coming back!

A post shared by Sly Stallone (@officialslystallone) on Jan 12, 2018 at 10:12am Pst

The film series itself was created to pay homage to the blockbuster action films of the 1980s and ’90s and also pays gratitude to the action stars of those decades, as
See full article at HeyUGuys »

Sylvester Stallone Confirms that Expendables 4 is Happening

The Expendables movie series continues to chug along fueled by the apparent demand and affection for aging action stars such as Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The first movie in the series fared well, and the second added a sacrificial lamb (a younger Expendable, of course) where it leaned on being a bit more fun and a little less serious. Critics hammered the third movie in the series, saying it looked like the writer just threw some old, tired plot lines together to create an uninspired result. But since old legends continue to die hard, the word is

Sylvester Stallone Confirms that Expendables 4 is Happening
See full article at TVovermind.com »

The Expendables 4 looks like it’s on again

Simon Brew Jan 15, 2018

Sylvester Stallone seems to be returning to the world of The Expendables after all...

The story so far on The Expendables 4. Firstly, it was on, and going to be R-rated again, after the bizarre decision to make The Expendables 3 a PG-13. Then Sylvester Stallone, the creator of the franchise, backed out of the project, amidst reports that he didn’t see eye to eye with its backers.

Then nothing happened. And now, it looks like it’s all back on, with Stallone involved again. The news has come from Stallone himself, via his Instagram account. Here’s his post…

Just when you thought it was safe to go outside%u2026They%u2019re coming back!

A post shared by Sly Stallone (@officialslystallone) on Jan 12, 2018 at 10:12am Pst

Still lots of unanswered questions here, of course. But it does look like Stallone once again has some involvement,
See full article at Den of Geek »

Primeval Scary First Look At The Meg Starring Jason Statham

Director Steven Spielberg’s penultimate shark film Jaws spawned Deep Blue Sea, The Shallows and Open Water, just to name a few. Mankind has been chum in the cinema water for these sharp toothed beasties for decades.

Now comes the latest terror The Meg. In their recent 2018 preview, Warner Bros. Pictures has released a chilling first image from the film starring Jason Statham. Expect a first trailer to hit soon.

Statham plays Jonas Taylor in Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Gravity Pictures’ action adventure. It is slated for release on August 10, 2018.

Jason Statham (“Spy,” “Furious 7,” “The Expendables” films) and award-winning Chinese actress Li Bingbing (“Transformers: Age of Extinction,” “Forbidden Kingdom,” “The Message”) star in the science fiction action thriller, directed by Jon Turteltaub (the “National Treasure” movies, “Last Vegas”).

In the film, a deep-sea submersible—part of an international undersea observation program—has been attacked by a massive creature, previously thought to be extinct,
See full article at WeAreMovieGeeks.com »

Sylvester Stallone Hints That ‘The Expendables 4’ Is Back On Track

Sylvester Stallone Hints That ‘The Expendables 4’ Is Back On Track
It looks like we’re in store for more Expendables after all. Sylvester Stallone took to Instagram to tease that a fourth installment of The Expendables may be on its way. Stallone posted a photo of him, Jason Statham, and Randy Couture in a previous Expendables movie on Instagram that said “We are the shadows and the smoke, we rise. We are the ghosts that in the night.” He added the caption, “Just when you thought it was safe to go outside…They're coming back!” The news…
See full article at Deadline »

Sylvester Stallone Teases The Expendables Are "Coming Back" For a Fourth Film!

If you're a fan of Sylvester Stallone's hardcore action franchise The Expendables, you'll be happy to hear that a fourth film is back on track! Stallone made the announcement on Instagram with an image and a caption that reads:

"Just when you thought it was safe to go outside…They’re coming back!"

We haven't really heard anything about this film project since it was announced a year ago that the movie would be coming out in 2018. Before that, it was supposed to be released in 2017, so the movie seems to keep getting pushed back.

Stallone first started talking about the film project about three years ago. Since then, we've heard that Hulk Hogan was in talks to play the villain and that Stallone is looking to give fans something completely different. When talking about that, Stallone said:

"I have actually entertained the idea of putting the group into
See full article at GeekTyrant »

Expendables 4 Is Back on Track with Sylvester Stallone?

It looks like The Expendables 4 is back on track. Last year, Sylvester Stallone and franchise producer Avi Lerner ran into disagreements about the direction of the fourth, and supposedly final, movie in the action franchise. Since then, the project has been dead and didn't seem to be on a path to revival. However, Stallone has taken to social media to tease that Expendables 4 is still happening.

He didn't have much to share in the way of details, but Sylvester Stallone shared an teaser from the original Expendables on Instagram. In his caption, he made it pretty clear that the proposed fourth movie is going to happen. How it's going to happen or when it's going to happen remains to be seen, but here's the caption Sly provided.

"Just when you thought it was safe to go outside...They're coming back!"

Nu Image/Millennium have produced and financed The Expendables movies up to this point.
See full article at MovieWeb »

Russian HFPA Member on Harvey Weinstein: "I Feel Sad I Didn't Punch Him in His Freaking Face"

Of the 90 or so members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Russia’s Alexander Nevsky is the only one with a busy career as an actor, screenwriter, producer and director. On Jan. 19, his latest film — the international thriller Showdown in Manila — will hit theaters and VOD platforms. Written, produced and toplined by Nevsky, the international thriller also stars Casper Van Dien and Tia Carrere. The film is his ode to The Expendables (“I loved that movie, and I was trying to get together people who deserved to be in Expendables but didn’t make it,” says the three-time Mr. Universe.). Later...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »

Who Decides the Golden Globes? Meet Bodybuilder-Turned-Filmmaker Alexander Nevsky

Of the 90 people whose votes determine Sunday night’s Golden Globes awards, only one is a filmmaker. That’s the belief of Hollywood Foreign Press member Alexander Nevsky, the 6’6″, 280-pound Russian (real name: Sasha Kuritsyn) who starred opposite Sherilyn Fenn and the late David Carradine in “Treasure Raiders” (2007) and made his directorial debut in “Black Rose” (2014), which is now streaming on Netflix. (The Los Angeles Times called it “an impressively thorough compendium of ’80s cop picture clichés” with “moldy dialogue.”) He’s also a three-time Mr. Universe and 10-time author: The title of his first book translates as, “How to Become Schwarzenegger in Russia.”

Read More:Golden Globes 2018 Film Predictions: IndieWire’s Anne Thompson Makes Bold Picks

Nevsky’s film career began in 1993, when he starred in a televised Russian documentary about bodybuilding. “About 50 million people watched it. The next day I woke up, and I was popular,” Nevsky told IndieWire by phone from Century City.
See full article at Indiewire »

Is Sylvester Stallone Hinting At The Expendables 4?

The Expendables 3 was once promised to be the last chapter in the franchise, but it seems that’s not the case anymore as we found out recently that The Expendables 4 is now a go. However, shortly after the big announcement came the shocking news that Sylvester Stallone was bowing out of the project. At the time, sources said it was due to disagreements with Nu Image/Millennium Chief Avi Lerner.

From what we understand, Lerner and Stallone have butted heads in the past, but have apparently been able to find common ground. Not for this pic, though, with lengthy arguments over elements of the planned Expendables 4 – these range from your usual disagreements over director and script to more esoteric things like which CGI company will take care of the effects. Unfortunately, after the actor departed, all went quiet on the project but now, a mysterious Instagram post from Stallone has
See full article at We Got This Covered »

Wamg Giveaway – Win the Terminator 2: Judgement Day on 4K Ultra HD

Director James Cameron’s iconic sci-fi action classic has returned in pristine clarity. Terminator 2: Judgment Day arrived recently in a Limited Collector’s Edition EndoArm box set including a 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital HD). Still lauded by critics today as one of the greatest action films of all time, only 6,000 of the Limited Collector’s Edition EndoArm box sets will be released in the U.S., allowing fans to own a life-sized replica of the T-800 EndoArm mounted on a uniquely numbered stand with James Cameron’s signature. Say “hasta la vista, baby” to Sd and relive each quintessential moment in four times the resolution with Full HD and High Dynamic Range on the film’s first-ever 4K scan. The Terminator 2: Judgment Day EndoArm Limited Collector’s Edition 4K Combo Pack box set is loaded with bonus content, including an all-new, never-before-seen documentary
See full article at WeAreMovieGeeks.com »

Green Lantern Joins The Fight In Epic Wonder Woman 2 Fan-Made Trailer

Thanks to the one-two punch of Wonder Woman and the recently-released (and, sadly, widely-derided) Justice League, Diana of Themyscira is arguably the hero of the hour.

Even if Justice League struggled to leave much of an impression on critics – or the domestic box office, for that matter – Gal Gadot’s Immortal Warrior truly resonated with moviegoers earlier this year, when the Wonder Woman solo outing scored excellent reviews and a whopping $821 million to match.

A sequel was then floated at Warner Bros., though it wasn’t until the studio ponied up and offered writer-director Patty Jenkins a record-setting deal that Wonder Woman 2 was officially green-lit. And so, with Dave Callaham (The Expendables) now on script duties and a late 2019 release date locked in, the heroine’s second big-screen adventure is beginning to fall into place.

From what we understand, the sequel will see “Princess Diana face off against the Soviet Union during the 80s,
See full article at We Got This Covered »

New Image of Jason Mamoa as Aquaman and James Wan Calls it a "Classic Revenge Story"

Another new image from James Wan's Aquaman has been released featuring Jason Momoa in the title role. This looks like a similar setting to the previously released photo. I'm very curious about this movie and how it will turn out. I have faith that Wan will deliver a badass movie that will blow fans away. For me, Wan hasn't made a bad movie yet, which is why my expectations are high. When talking about the film with USA Today, he talks about his take on the character, saying:

“He doesn’t quite fit in, but as the story progresses, he realizes he’s the best of both worlds. Circumstances allow him to grow as a human being and then realize the bigger picture of it all and what it means to have these abilities."

He went on to talk about the design of Atlantis how it gave Wan a
See full article at GeekTyrant »
loading
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Showtimes | External Sites